Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thumb_tent.JPG

thumb_golf.JPG

Table tennis and Golf were confirmed for Wii Sports Resort. Check out more info for Wii Sports Resort (if you speak Japanese) at the New Iwata Asks.
This really pisses me off. Nintendo has said there trying to put resurgence in the Japanese Market. Wii Sports would be best option but all they're doing is packing the same crap with updated controls. Am I overreacting? You be the judge.

Source

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Well maybe this can be to promote the Wii-Motion PLUS. Although they do need to show how the Motion+ is different from the original wii-motion controls.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
I say just wait. I'm sure they will have something new and worthwhile.
I hope so. Wii Sports pisses me off now. Theres even less reason to buy it now. No one wants table tennis, if we want tennis we'll get grand slam tennis. Tiger woods makes the golf and dog-disc game look like crap. And the water ski game we'll just sadden me that they probably won't make wave racer because its the obvious thing to do with the engine (nintendo never does the obvious....uhh). I say just get the tiger woods M+ bundle and wait for for red steel 2.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
dinofan01 said:
Raiyu245 said:
I say just wait. I'm sure they will have something new and worthwhile.
I hope so. Wii Sports pisses me off now. Theres even less reason to buy it now. No one wants table tennis, if we want tennis we'll get grand slam tennis. Tiger woods makes the golf and dog-disc game look like crap. And the water ski game we'll just sadden me that they probably won't make wave racer because its the obvious thing to do with the engine (nintendo never does the obvious....uhh). I say just get the tiger woods M+ bundle and wait for for red steel 2.

LOL! LOL! Pity.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm surprised to see those there.. but thinking about it, Wii Sports Resort is pretty much a showcase of the Motion Plus, so, it makes sense to have Tennis and Golf so people can see how different it is to play with it. If you want a deeper experience get Tiger Woods and Grand Slam Tennis/Virtua Tennis 2009, simple like that.. M+ will come bundled with some of those too
tongue.gif

Anyway, last rumors I've heard, there was supposed to be 8 sports in the game, now we have 3 left..

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Table tennis is a different beast to regular tennis...lol beast.

To be honest I wouldn't mind all of the Wii Sports games remade and added to the package, its not as if us in the West had to buy it, it was free. Of course if those were the only other new games added to it, I wouldn't get it.

Its a shame that SEGA couldn't give away the motion+ with Virtua Tennis as that is a game I want to buy where the EA one I'm not fussed about.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I wouldn't mind buying it.... since Wii Sports was free and mine was in Chinese LOL

But if there is motion plus (or somehow, the balance board) , then it'll be great..... Hope all the other content wont be shitty games though..... (Lets play trampoline! Wee!
dry.gif
)....

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't wait to see how the improved controls work, but I'm betting not as good as we all hope.
I'd really love them to be an improvement and was hoping for more games announced that will use it.

I think they will use the sports we've already seen in Wii Sports etc so that they can use all the ones we want in Resort 2 & 3 &....

Strying a bit offtopic a bit....
Imagine if a boxing game had the use of WiiMote + NunChuck + Balance board (or something like that), there could have been a lot of possibilities with the wii.

Toonne

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't understand why they give out this Motion Plus, why can't they just
give out a new controller with better sensitivity or whatever its giving you.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toonne said:
I don't understand why they give out this Motion Plus, why can't they just
give out a new controller with better sensitivity or whatever its giving you.
I'm guessing its not to alienate their customers and also its a lot cheaper for people to buy these individually. Over here (according to Amazon) it'll cost £17.99 alone just for the add on.

It would be nice if they also released a WiiMote+ (same as Wiimote but doesn't need the add on) on its own so that those who want a new wiimote won't have to buy both. I also guess that Nintendo wouldn't want to do this anyway as people would simply stop buying those and stores will have a shit load of Wiimotes out there that no one wants to buy.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gamer said:
I hope it gets online, or I'm expecting too much?

Expecting too much

I just hope its really worth it. and not just a cheap gimmick that makes the controls only slightly better.
On a side note, Nintendo is going to make a killing with this game.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sstew said:
I just hope its really worth it. and not just a cheap gimmick that makes the controls only slightly better.
Well EA devs are saying its too precise.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Sstew said:
Gamer said:
I hope it gets online, or I'm expecting too much?

Expecting too much

Iwata will finally be able to fill his swimming pool with champagne
smile.gif

lol.. but yeah, people been saying that the Motion Plus gives a lot more precision to the Wiimote, it can get the angle you're holding it and find it's true position in space, not simply measure how much you moved, like it does now.

And I really wouldn't expect online
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro