Wii Sports resort Question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Bloodgod, Jul 31, 2009.

Jul 31, 2009

Wii Sports resort Question by Bloodgod at 3:05 AM (817 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Bloodgod
    OP

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    I haven't dont anything to my Wii since I was able to get HDD to load games. SO I was wondering if I needed to update anything

My Wii is still 3.x IIRC.

Edit: If possible someone link me to NTSC ver of the channel banner. THanks

2. antonkan

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Updating to 4.1 is very important. You have to update your system menu.

Anyway, cLoader is a backup loader that runs on USB and SD card, and it has channels like the on the Disc Channel with a disc inserted. Search for it.

3. Bloodgod
    OP

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    so I gotta update all the cIOS stuff to?

4. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    4.1 is NOT necessary for Wii Sports Resort. Hell, Wii Sports Resort has System Menu 3.4. You do not need to touch any System Menu.

You will want to update your cIOS to rev14, and get an up-to-date USB loader. NeoGamma and Configurable USB Loader are two popular, up-to-date examples.

To play Wii Sports Resort on an SD or HDD, you will need to enable the alt. DOL option. The aforementioned loaders can load the needed DOL from the disc: the file you're looking for is "player.dol". When the boring MotionPlus video finishes, the game will go into the System Menu. Return to your USB loader, disable the alt. DOL option, and you should be good to go. [​IMG]

5. Ossot

Member Ossot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Man that's weird. You MUST upgrade. I have a magical Wii then, or special powers. Because my system is on 3.1 and I dont have a problem playing ANY game.

edit: misread the guy directly above me, thought two people were saying you should be 4.1. My sarcasm seems slightly less impactful now [​IMG]

6. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    The thing is that 4.1 as a fix about SD Menu loading and launching Wii Sports Resort...!! [​IMG]

7. OtakuGamerZ

Member OtakuGamerZ GBAtemp Fan

United States
    only update to 4.1 if you are on 4.0 and use the SD menu. Besides that your fine. I play it 3.2U and it works perfect.

8. Bloodgod
    OP

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    I just burnt in on DVD cause I can't find my stupid USB->SD stick. Anyone remember that program that auto updates cIOS from the internet?

and I'm on 4.1 now. So far previous HDD games load fine.