Hacking [?] Wii slot light.

twofive

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can accomplish that using a custom IOS.
Acquire the Custom IOS Module Toolkit and build a IOS which writes that value you mentioned to the memory and use this IOS for all software (or patch all IOS).
Then you have it: Slot Light always on. As IOS runs even when in Standby (for WiiConnect24 stuff) it's going to be on even in standby.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is true but who cares a software mod to do it would be useful...... maybe a patch of all the system IOS's would do this.... I would assume IOS has control of the hardware registers handed off to it from starlet upon boot? if thats correct then IOS can fully acomplish the hack...... Might have to do this......

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BillandAlisha said:
While I think this may look cool for about oh, 10 minutes. After that, the blue light would start to annoy me and affect my game play.
lol thats exactly what it was like on my XBOX 1 VU mod (LED lights move with game sound like a media visualisation or something)

ended up covering it up with paper to make it less bright lol, still, it's cool as to move the paper sometimes and show off to friends
tongue.gif

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Stroganoff said:
You guys should get out more often. Enjoy nature, smell the sweet odor of flowers. No really, I mean it. Try it for once!
Thanks for this extremely useful post. Seriously, try not judging others and spamming this forum. If you have something useful to say, then say it, just don't make this forum worse for everyone that uses it.

Back on topic, I agree that this would be useful. Since I have a skin on my Wii, I would have to tear it off in order to open it again (something I don't want to do). I do want the light always on, though, so a code to do this would be great, and I think it could be done pretty easily.

BillandAlisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stroganoff said:
You guys should get out more often. Enjoy nature, smell the sweet odor of flowers. No really, I mean it. Try it for once!

SUN is evil! Hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss don't take me away from my Wii!

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Any updates on the possible preloader code for this? I would quite like this option and feel it shouldve been something that the wii did as standard! TBH I was a bit disappointed when I 1st got my wii and the slot light didnt stay on like the demo console did!
biggrin.gif

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stroganoff said:

Thanks but no thanks. That's what my job requires..... I'm a part time logger aside from a full time cook..... I think I get out doors often enough. It is nice to go out though.
tongue.gif

As for the hack I'm thinking it best to make a custom IOS...... This will be a bitch to do for myself as I'm shit with code.... I do believe that IOS is in control of the hardware registers and therefore should be able to cause the light to stay on at all times during Wii mode use... With the propper patch....

Thanatos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i did the hard mod last night used electrical tape to cover all the other contacts wrapped the wire around the base of the existing wire near the solder and taped that and grounded the other end. The whole thing is easily removable, Worked like a charm. LED Light is now always on and as i dont have Connect24 enabled anyways im all set.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Stroganoff said:

wtf.gif

lol, ok buddy, just because people enjoy hacking their wiis, even for odd little things like this, doesn't mean they don't get outside. lol, otherwise I wouldn't be as dark as I am (look at my profile page.

Its just a side hobby for most people, including me.

DaWiis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.diemetrix.net
XP
Country
Norway
Another "solution" is to make the USB loader make the slot light light when you are playing a game.
That way the IOS doesn't need to be patched.

USB loaders is the most run program on the wii anyways
tongue.gif
(right?)

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
DaWiis said:
Another "solution" is to make the USB loader make the slot light light when you are playing a game.

tongue.gif
(right?)

Good call, seems quite possible to me. A hardmod (wihout even soldering!) is the best solution though.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i want it on while i'm playing but not all the time even when the wii is off. i'm not soldering i've already taken my wii apart and put it back together again once and that's all i ever want to do it.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Darkmystery said:
DaWiis said:

tongue.gif
(right?)

Good call, seems quite possible to me. A hardmod (wihout even soldering!) is the best solution though.

The best solution is the hardmod w/ soldering. :x That's why you still have the fuse before the LED's.

DaWiis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.diemetrix.net
XP
Country
Norway
Det1re said:
Darkmystery said:
DaWiis said:

tongue.gif
(right?)

The best solution is the hardmod w/ soldering. :x That's why you still have the fuse before the LED's.

Why is this a better solution than a softmod?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.