coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've personally tried, with this new update released March 20th:
First visit shop channel after you've update Check
Try play online with some backup Nintendo WFC games after update (Brawl, etc.) Check
Try Trucha signed game Check
Try Wii Freeloader (backup or not) Check (joedodgy)
Try Twilight hack, try deleting and then copying hack save file over and booting from internal SD Check

I'll label this as a SAFE. Someone on GoNintendo said Freeloader works (but theirs is probably not a backup). I'm too lazy to burn a region incompatible game AND Freeloader tonight so I'll take their word.

This update gets the COOLBHO3000 OFFICIAL SEAL OF KIKKOMAN
kikkoman_smiley.gif

UPDATE: THE UPDATE RELEASED RECENTLY, NOT THIS ONE ON THE 20TH, DOES NOT GET THE SEAL!!!! IT IS IOS37 DANGER DANGER DO NOT UPDATE WII

http://gonintendo.com/?p=38387

coolbho3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Better now than later, you don't want to update when the new firmware actually harms homebrew. [Assuming this update is safe] If you updated now, then you would have Wiiware AND homebrew/modchip capabilities, whereas later you would just be stuck if you wanted Wiiware.

But that's assuming this update is safe. Can someone chime in (do all the things in topic post I listed with new firmware)?
yaynds.gif

coolbho3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Here goes. I'll be the second guinea pig.

Twilight Hack - Deletes, Copies, Boots Snes9x (Tetris wouldn't boot. Maybe I got a bad copy.) from internal SD slot
Brawl (Trucha) DVD5 - Boots, online, random online play
Wii Shop - Works
Freeloader - N/A (I don't have Freeloader burned)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
coolbho3000 said:
Better now than later, you don't want to update when the new firmware actually harms homebrew. [Assuming this update is safe] If you updated now, then you would have Wiiware AND homebrew/modchip capabilities, whereas later you would just be stuck if you wanted Wiiware.

But that's assuming this update is safe. Can someone chime in (do all the things in topic post I listed with new firmware)?
yaynds.gif

i only really update if i really have to like if a major nintendo game needs the latest update (and even then with the tools we have we can remove them now), apart from that i have no need to upgrade now.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The message Nintendo sent me says it's just to update the Shop Channel to get it ready for the release of the new WiiWare games.

joedodgy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i updated my wii with it last night..freeloader is still working (tested with pinball hall of fame - williams collection (u)).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-