Wii 4.1E without HBC or other external Mii Channel , but softmodded before reset

ValWiiFan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good morning to everyone, i buy for my children a 2nd hand Wii, but I find this situation:
- Wii version 4.1E
- No Mii Channel different from stock one (no HBC,NeoGamma, or other else about softmodding
- In SD Card and HDD Drive included, I find Games iso's and USB loader folder, so certanly this WII was already modified (software or hardware?? , but maybe it was resetted before sell.

I modify some Wii successully (only 4.3E version with Letterbomb hack), so I thinking to upgrade to 4.3E version and procede to usually software modding, but I 'm worry to brick it during online upgrade version.
Is it existing the risk to brick it ?
Is possible to check if there was a soft o hardware modding, and the actual WII situation?

-- Update: I try to start Wii by pressing Reset, and the Priiloader menu v. 0.5 r99 was loaded. it's show a IOS v60 and Systemmenu v450.
Triing to go in System menu hacks, there are Error "can't find hacks.ini in FAT device and on NAND"..

Please give me suggest to how can I procede in safety for upgrade and soft modding this wii, thanks.

Last edited by ValWiiFan,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The easiest and fastest answer to that kind of question is ModMii.
You can just pretend the Wii was unmodified and answer the rest of the questions from the main Wizard in ModMii.

Good luck and have fun!

ValWiiFan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Could you post a SysCheck report here.
Thanks for your help. here my Syscheck report.
Please give me suggest for next step

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...appoggiato all'IOS58 (v. 6176).

Regione: PAL
Menu di sistema 4.1E (v450)
Priiloader installato
Data unita': 14.07.2008
Canale Homebrew 1.1.2 appoggiato all'IOS58

Hollywood v0x21
ID console: 89807448
Tipo Console: Wii
Paese canale Shop: Italy (83)
Boot2 v4
Trovati 56 giochi.
Trovati 40 IOS in questa console. 4 di questi sono stubs.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 778): Non patchato
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256, Info: rev 10): Trucha Bug, Identificazione ES, Accesso flash, Accesso NAND
IOS12 (rev 269): Trucha Bug
IOS13 (rev 273): Trucha Bug
IOS14 (rev 520): Trucha Bug
IOS15 (rev 523): Trucha Bug
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 775): Trucha Bug
IOS20 (rev 256, Info: rev 12): Trucha Bug, Identificazione ES, Accesso flash, Accesso NAND
IOS21 (rev 782): Trucha Bug
IOS22 (rev 1037): Trucha Bug
IOS28 (rev 1550): Trucha Bug
IOS30: Ignorato
IOS31 (rev 3349): Trucha Bug
IOS33 (rev 3091): Trucha Bug
IOS34 (rev 3348): Non patchato
IOS35 (rev 3349): Trucha Bug
IOS36 (rev 3351): Trucha Bug, Identificazione ES, Accesso NAND
IOS37 (rev 3869): Trucha Bug
IOS38 (rev 3867): Trucha Bug
IOS50 (rev 5120): Trucha Bug
IOS53 (rev 5406): Trucha Bug
IOS55 (rev 5406): Trucha Bug
IOS56 (rev 5405): Trucha Bug
IOS57 (rev 5661): Trucha Bug
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Trucha Bug
IOS61 (rev 5405): Non patchato
IOS70 (rev 6687): Trucha Bug
IOS80 (rev 6944): Non patchato
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.0): Trucha Bug, Accesso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.0): Trucha Bug, Identificazione ES, Accesso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS223[37] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.0): Trucha Bug, Accesso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.0): Trucha Bug, Accesso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, Identificazione ES, Accesso NAND
IOS249[56] (rev 20, Info: rev 20): Trucha Bug, Accesso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS250[37] (rev 20, Info: rev 20): Trucha Bug, Accesso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Rapporto generato il 17.12.2022.

Reactions: SylverReZ

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Most probably the Wii was formatted before being sood, so it's most likely hacked to run games off USB with USB LOADER.

Channels might've gotten deleted, so juat reinstall them.

We won't know for sure until you post a SYSCHECK, but you won't be able unless you "rehack it" in order to have the HBC back.

You could try holding reset while turning on your console, it should boot to PriiLoader, and then you can go to HBC from there, although not sure if you can access HBC without HBC as a channel?🤔

In anyway, you must perform an entry point to even attempt a Syscheck, so, choose one, reinetall HBC and do the Syscheck. Then come back and we'll see what's need to be updated.

ALSO: Update your Wii yo latest 4.3. There's no reason to stay at 4.1...

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Channels might've gotten deleted, so juat reinstall them.
The only channel that will be deleted will be HBC because the later system update blacklisted the old title ID, so you will need to install the latest version via Letterbomb or strhax.
ALSO: Update your Wii yo latest 4.3. There's no reason to stay at 4.1...
This

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, you need install the cIOSs 249, 250 & 251, to do that either follow ModMii or the Wii.guide page as mentioned.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Amazing thanks for your fast answers.
I post few minutes ago my Syscheck, after reinstalled HBC using str2hax Exploit, so now I have HBC Channel.
No problem, that's what were here for. :yay:

ValWiiFan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No problem, that's what were here for. :yay:
So, about my actual situation, you suggest me to:

1) Upgrade from 4.1 to 4.3E, not using online update, but using the guide avaible following your get-starting link in post #5.
2) After that, must I use Letterbomb hack and my normal softmod procedure of installation, or there are something of different in my situation, having already HB Channel avaible?
P.s. Launching Priloader, as write previously, I received error about hacks.ini, so I thing it's necessary to reinstall it, do you agree?

Thanks a lot

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) Upgrade from 4.1 to 4.3E, not using online update, but using the guide avaible following your get-starting link in post #5.
It should be safe to update from the 'System Settings', I had no problems with that.

2) After that, must I use Letterbomb hack and my normal softmod procedure of installation, or there are something of different in my situation, having already HB Channel avaible?
Letterbomb is the most recommended exploit for 4.3, that's what I used to hack most of my Wiis. Whereas, str2hax can be trial and error. As for the HBC itself, you will need to reinstall it after you update.

P.s. Launching Priloader, as write previously, I received error about hacks.ini, so I thing it's necessary to reinstall it, do you agree?
"hacks.ini" must be located in the "apps\priiloader" folder on either the root of the SD card or USB flash drive, you will need to reinstall "Priiloader" to apply the new hacks.

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You could try Online update. Not sure if it'll work given that the Wii's support ended in 2014, so probably no? Don't know, but try it. Alternatively you could try a gamd that comes with built-in update feature. Don't worry, updating might delete HBC but nothing more.

You can choose LetterBomb if you want, yes. It's easier than other methods. We just want you to get access to HBC in order to do a Syscheck. So do whichever method you're most comfortable.
Having HBC before won't affect in anything.

Yes and no.
You could go to Wii.guide and download Hacks.ini, paste it in SD card and try again. PriiLoader should boot and you'll get acess to HBC from here, although, again, not sure if you can acess HBC from PriiLoader without having HBC as channel.

PriiLoader has been recently updated, so reinstalling it from Wii.guide is adviced to have the latest PriiLoader version.

ValWiiFan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It should be safe to update from the 'System Settings', I had no problems with that.

Are You sure that I can Update with official Wii online menu, despite I have HBC Channel and Priloader installed?? :ohnoes:

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are You sure that I can Update with official Wii online menu, despite I have HBC Channel and Priloader installed?? :ohnoes:
Yes, you're not going to have any problems when doing so. With BootMii as boot2 and Priiloader installed, you will be fine.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How can I sure that Bootmii is on Boot2??
Looking at your SysCheck report, you're on boot2 v4 which means you cannot install BootMii as boot2 but only as an IOS. But if you got brick protection installed you shouldn't worry about anything.

Reactions: ValWiiFan

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How can I sure that Bootmii is on Boot2??
With Homebrew Channel.
You'll need some files in SD in order to load BootMii from HBC.

First things first: Update your console.

You'll get problems with compatibility with a 4.1 console.
Don't worry about anything else, just make sure you're on 4.3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?