Wii recovery menu oddity...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by zektor, May 29, 2009.

1. zektor
    OP

zektor GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 29, 2005
    United States
    I recently installed startoatch 4.0.3 in v4.0U firmware, and it works great...but I had something odd happen today:

I was in the homebrew channel booting up various emulators and playing some good old classics. I got done and went to exit the HBC. After exiting, the screen went black and all there was was the "4.0U" down in the right corner. I did tick off to install recovery menu in startpatch, and I am assuming this was it. But, you are supposed to hit Y on a gamecube pad in the 1st port as far as I know? Why would simply exiting the hbc after playing around with some emulators just force me into the recovery screen?

Needless to say all I had to do was to turn off the Wii and back on, and it booted normally. Anyone else ever have this happen?

2. Ltsykes

Ltsykes Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2009
    Brazil
    There is the same bug on starfall. When I return to the sysmenu, i goes to the recovery menu.

3. zektor
    OP

zektor GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 29, 2005
    United States
    Ehh, the heck with it. I don't own twilight princess (actually, that wouldn't even work in 4.0) nor do I have a mod chip. That recovery menu does me very little good. Removed.

Thanks for the reply!

4. Ltsykes

Ltsykes Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2009
    Brazil
    I have a better idea, install bootmii if you can, is better

5. supermodchips

supermodchips GBAtemp Regular

May 24, 2009
    I have to agree with this guy but this isn't a debate about how bootmii is better, the guy just would like some help. As it stands, Ltsykes, is right in terms of it being a previous bug but does it happen with anything else apart from the HBC.

6. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    It happened to me when I used Starfall as well.

Also, the recovery menu is useful if you only have BootMii-IOS since there's an autoboot disc for BootMii now.

7. thc42O

thc42O Banned

Banned
    Jan 3, 2009
    Canada
    also alot of people cant installbootmii boot2 so.

8. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    But that doesn't have anything to do with an autoboot disc.

9. 9th_Sage

9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 30, 2008
    United States
    This is weird...that has not happened to me with Starfall, nor has it happened with Startpatch. Am I just lucky?