Hacking wii problem not sure what i did or what to do

chevelle496

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a lu65 wii that i ran a homebrew installer app on. The read me for this was as follows.
Instructions:

Put the contents of both zips on your SD Card as it is in the zip, just drag all to SD Card.

Go to Data Management then choose Channels followed by SD

Choose "Yes" to load boot.dol

LoadMii will then load.

Press "A" on the WiiMote.

Go down to DowngraderIOS35.dol and run it by pressing "A" on the WiiMote.
Choose downgrade IOS35 and then let it go, then choose exit (ignore the patchmii and dvdx)

You'll be back in LoadMii now.

Go down and run Wad Manager 1.4 by pressing "A" on WiiMote.

Just select normal settings (don't change IOS)

Install IOS35.wad.

Exit Wad Manager 1.4 by pressing "HOME"

You'll be back in LoadMii.

Run Wad Manager again, Select IOS35 when it asked what IOS to use.

Install the CIOSv7.wad.

Press "Home" to exit.

Then Run Wad Manager again.

Tell it to use IOS249.

Install IOS36.wad, BUL3g.wad & HBC.wad

You will now restart Wii to find that Backuplauncher and Homebrew Channel are installed and working.

now on the homescreen setup your wii for internet access but do not update

go into the homebrew channel and select cios 38 rev 12 installer.

select ios 249 then select network install

once it is done installing go back to homebrew go into the wad manager
and install backup loader 1020.wad

now press your home key and go back to the main screen and you will see a second backup loader
this one has the 002 error fix

now just test a game to make sure it works

I got to the point where it says "Run Wad Manager again, Select IOS35 when it asked what IOS to use."
And at this point the wii will lose connection with the remote and not do anything. All the lights will flash on the wii remote and that is it. It did not brick the wii up i can still connect to the internet and play orginal games just fine. It will not allow me to install homebrew via banner bomb and hackmii files now either. If i try that method. All that happens is i get the text after boot.dol starts and the wii just sits there on that screen. I let it go for an hour the other night as i was told i wasnt waiting long enough but still nothing will install. I have spent hours on this now and am at a loss for what to do. I have done some reading but there are all kinds of suggestions for which way to install homebrew and i dont know what is best.

I also dont know if something i did is now not allowing me to do the install with the banner bomb hackmii method. I am mostly interested in if there is anyway to fix what i maybe have done and get it installed the correct way? Thanks Any help is and will be greatly appreciated

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well you probably just killed your IOS35 because you tried downgrading it on an LU64+ Wii because you didn't research anything that says NOT to downgrade anything on those Wii's. The only thing that should ever be downgraded on those systems is IOS15 with the Trucha Bug Restorer.

chevelle496

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not have anything else plugged into the wii. Well yes i may have messed this up but i sucessfully softmodded 3 other wiis with this set up and have had no problems with them. I am not sure if any of them were lu64+ i didnt know there was a difference until now. So if i messed up i messed up i guess. any and all help is appreciated thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work