Hacking Wii Preloader/3.4 Help

camwilson04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, Im very new to Wii Modding and just purchased my Wii yesterday. My Wii is running 3.4E and I followed this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890

Everything was going fine until installing PreLoader, it will boot into PreLoader however it will not launch into the system menu. Looking into it now I have read that installing PreLoader onto 3.4 isnt such a great idea however at the time reading on the guide that "PLEASE STOP ASKING IF THIS GUIDE WILL WORK ON XZY WII. YES IT WILL! IT WILL WORK ON ANY WII YOU HAVE" I didn't look to much into it before installing. What are my options now??

Thanks, Cameron

Edit - I will probably get flamed for this however I was recommended this guide and had no reason to think that it wouldn't work on 3.4

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Installing a new System Menu will overwrite Preloader. You could either reinstall 3.4e (install over the existing menu, don't uninstall or you might lose setting.txt or some such) or upgrade to 4.1e or something. If you do the latter, be absolutely sure to install a working version of IOS60 first!

camwilson04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply, I will reinstall 3.4e and then take it to someone who knows 100% what they are doing. How would I go about reinstalling 3.4e?? Thanks again

camwilson04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
While im asking, after doing the step 'Patching IOS36' my homebrew channel turned upside down which I suspect to be from that, would installing IOS36 again from WAD manager work?? If so which version should I get?? I plan on updating past 4.0 when I work out what I'm doing which should update the IOS anyway?? Thanks

Ashburngil

Trophies
XP
Country
camwilson04 said:
While im asking, after doing the step 'Patching IOS36' my homebrew channel turned upside down which I suspect to be from that, would installing IOS36 again from WAD manager work?? If so which version should I get?? I plan on updating past 4.0 when I work out what I'm doing which should update the IOS anyway?? Thanks

Go back to the Preloader and change the IOS in use to IOS60.
It worked for me.
smileipb2.png

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a friend who just did something similar on 3.4. No bootmii, just installed new HBC (JODI) and preloader .29. System files are saying corrupted and of course won't boot HBC as its not HAXX anymore. I understand he could install a 3.4u system wad if he could get to a wad manager but it doesn't look like he can. What can he do? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc