heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Over the past few days, we've had a couple chances to talk to Junichi Masuda, co-founder of GameFreak and director of Pokemon Black & White. While our full interviews are on the way, some news just can't wait. A few weeks ago, during a quarterly investors briefing, Nintendo revealed that it was working on a Pokemon project for the Wii. The Internet was set abuzz, wondering what type of game might result. We even joined in on the Wii Pokemon speculation. We were eager to find out more information about how Pokemon might take shape on the Wii, and tried to see if we could discover some new details about the nebulous title.

Would we see the Wii host a Pokemon title that was a main part of the series?

"I don't think so. I think the Pokemon core series is always going to be with handheld hardware, in the future as well," Masuda told our UK counterparts. "I consider handheld hardware you can carry around with you as almost being equal to being with Pokemon, always. I think handheld really matches the idea of Pokemon that we have. Also, you can communicate and transfer data all the time, whenever you want with a handheld. That's also a match with the Pokemon concept."

We asked if the increased connectivity of home consoles would allow them to overcome the portability concept. Would we then see the series make the leap?

"What I think is best for the Pokemon series is to be able to carry it in a portable device, to be able to go anywhere and have fun with people, to not be bound to any one spot. I mean in the future it'd be nice to work on other systems if they were more portable."

Shot down again. Our dreams of a core Pokemon series on the Wii fading, we had one remaining question. If not a part of the main series… what form might a Wii Pokemon title take? What role would the Wii play in the Pokemon franchise?

"Obviously the home console allows people to get together, for parties, and those sorts of things," Masuda told us.
"Maybe in the future, if we can think of a way to do something cool with that, then that's the sort of environment we can work in."

To be clear, this is not a definitive confirmation, merely the director of Pokemon Black & White discussing his thoughts on Pokemon's role on the Wii. But it certainly is a bit of a bummer to know the co-founder of GameFreak doesn't see home consoles as an integral part of Nintendo's juggernaut franchise.
Source

To be honest I perfer the main series on the handheld and I can't wait for the 3DS version.

C

croagunk.master

Bad decision. I hate you for this ninty. Btw, you should seriously consider adding some pictures and adding the arrow thing before the link to the Source.

EDIT: The source is.....IGN?! It's probably a lie or a rumor.

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
croagunk.master said:
Bad decision. I hate you for this ninty. Btw, you should seriously consider adding some pictures and adding the arrow thing before the link to the Source.
EDIT: The source is.....IGN? It's probably a lie or a rumor.
or an interview? IGN ain't that bad compared to other sites.

XD Maybe in my next thread =P

C

croagunk.master

heartgold said:
croagunk.master said:
EDIT: The source is.....IGN? It's probably a lie or a rumor.
or an interview? IGN ain't that bad compared to other sites.

XD Maybe in my next thread =P

Haven't you heard how they screwed up a few days ago? In their 3DS launch guide, they said that the Virtual Console will be available starting day 1 and that Black and white will be 3DS enhanced. Later, they just removed that part as if it was never there and instead of an apology they straight away wrote that the virtual console will be available with a system update which will happen in May. They suck these days. All the good Nintendo writers left and the ones there now just suck.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always thought they were gonna make a pokemon game with all of the regions in it. what with the high amount of free space and all. Maybe I was tricking myself.

They should do that once the series is over(if it even dies)

C

croagunk.master

Rockstar said:
It wouldve been nice but as long as I get PBR with GEN V and WiFi Random battles im happy

Won't happen. At least, I don't think so.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
TheDarkSeed said:
I always thought they were gonna make a pokemon game with all of the regions in it. what with the high amount of free space and all. Maybe I was tricking myself.

Indeed. That would be a ton of fun, and I'd definitely buy it (I've bought every main Pokemon series game so far, with the exception of Pearl and HeartGold) day one. It would be very cool to see how the transitions from one region to another work (Besides Kanto Johto, since we already have that in G/S/C/HG/SS).

On-topic: I definitely think the main series should stay on handhelds. Now, if another game like PBR came out, or an extensive online Pokemon game was planned, I'd want it to be on the Wii. But the main series is best on a handheld.

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
they should make a different game sometimes, like a RTS or an action-RPG. When I watched the 8th movie I wanted those badly.
frown.gif

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
TheDarkSeed said:

I've always wanted that myself. The Wii would be great for that "pokemon world" or something, all we can hope for is a homebrew I guess.
frown.gif

ianrulz1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
am i the only person that thinks theyre just too lazy to do it on a home console? all the stadium games have sucked so far and the handheld games are just getting more boring each time (am i the only one that hates the black and white battle system?)
As long as theyre making money from using the same ideas on the handhelds they won't even try to make a good home console game

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ianrulz1 said:
am i the only person that thinks theyre just too lazy to do it on a home console? all the stadium games have sucked so far and the handheld games are just getting more boring each time (am i the only one that hates the black and white battle system?)
As long as theyre making money from using the same ideas on the handhelds they won't even try to make a good home console game
Gamefreak only makes core series, other crap like stadium, XD and PBR nintendo asks other developers. If GF were to make their first core series on a home console it'll be incredible no doubt and have a lot of tech to work with.

T-Pie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
such a shame, if they made a pokemon game with a similar game engine to the tales of graces engine i'd be sound, there's SUCHHH a market for it
frown.gif

heres to hoping there will be something similar to a pokemon stadium 3 next and not a battle rev 2 or something

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon always worked well as a handheld series since it was kinda built around that. It was easy to pick up and play. It required very little memorization and it was easily approachable. Plus the battles were short and since the dialogue was minimal, you could pick up the game for a couple of minutes or a couple of hours.

The console Pokemon RPGs (like Colosseum and XD) were really just disappointments. The handheld RPGs are where it's at.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to fuck over nearly all of the core ideas of Pokemon, sure, a home console edition is the way to go! Lets destroy the simplicity, the portability, the fun, and all of that. I really want to spend two hours traveling a route on my TV, as that is much more fun.

Pokemon is only fun because it's portable and of a decent length. If it was a home console version, people would demand an obscene amount of game time that would cause most people to never complete the game. Now you can't just sit next to your friends and play, you have to hope they have a Wii and dropped $40 or $50 on the game, along with the ability for their Wii to go online, all for one, single trade.

Pokemon has always been on handhelds since Pokemon Red and Blue back on the old Gameboy. It will never change. I mean, if you want something like the shitty Colosseum, go right ahead, keep on asking. They tried a console RPG for Pokemon two times in the past, both were miserable failures. I would be surprised if we ever see another Pokemon game off of a Nintendo handheld that isn't just blown up battles ever again.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe that right, but it wouldn't kill them to see the pokemon actually go at each other expect the way they have it now. Expect telling me I miss,show me. (example.)

D

Deleted-247497

I remember enjoying pokemon Colosseum.. maybe it was because I was a nub and had never seen all the gen 1 and 2 pokes before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: This one is pretty epic.