Hardware Wii On PC Screen

Gaz777

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Currently I run my wii off of the only tv in the house, which means I can only really use it when other people aren't using it

In my room i have a 22" TFT Monitor with DVI-D in and VGA in, currently connected to my computer.

I want to connect my wii to it so i can use it when i want to, the problem is how.

I can either buy a simple converter or a TV Card for my pc i believe.

Obviously, for the converter, i'd simply have the wii plug into the converter the into the monitor

For the TV Card i think i'd have to plug the wii into it then have my computer do the rest, but i don't know much about tv cards.

What would be the best option? and are there any other options?

Thanks in advance

jsjar

Trophies
XP
Country
have you tried the dolphin emulator a few wii games work on there and you won't have to move your wii

D

Deleted-171178

TV card is my reccomendation as you can use the screen for PC and Wii at the same time, and record/screenshot the Wii screen.

Gaz777

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jsjar said:
have you tried the dolphin emulator a few wii games work on there and you won't have to move your wii

i do use tht for some but would prefer to have the wii attached, thanks.

QUOTE(beegee7730 @ Aug 7 2009, 07:08 PM) TV card is my reccomendation as you can use the screen for PC and Wii at the same time, and record/screenshot the Wii screen.

Thats what i expected, would there be any lag by using one though and what's a good make of tv card as i don't have any idea or any recommendations?

D

Deleted-171178

I doubt that there is much lag, and I cant reccomend any TV cards as I dont use them myself
wink.gif

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most software will have a delay built in as its made for watching tv, and it constantly recording so you can rewind live video.

To play with no delay, just get a capture card and use virtualdub to display whats being captured on the card.
note that the video will only be displayed in 480i. If you want 480p, you're going to have to drop some money on an hd capture card.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
get something like this no need top spend $ on expensive tv cards

ebay Item number: 220461714961

your video card or at least nvidia has an option to turn your moniter into a tv screen.

OJClock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
get something like this no need top spend $ on expensive tv cards

ebay Item number: 220461714961

your video card or at least nvidia has an option to turn your moniter into a tv screen.
that does the reverse I'm afraid; puts your pc onto your tv screen

try out kworld's dvd maker usb 2.0 it's a video recorder that has a live preview function

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the Easycap is cheap and you can get your own preview function on the computer, its got its own driver so you can double click in my computer to preview and take snapshots there or go to another program to capture.

Deleted member 94204

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A while back I actually saw a VGA box for the Wii. That would probably give you the best quality. The only complaint I have against a capture card is that you would have to keep your computer constantly on to play the Wii. Now, if both your Wii and computer use VGA then you might need to get a PCI(female) to DVI(male) converter for your computer (which is just a cord). Or you could go the other route and get a PCI to DVI cord for your Wii's VGA box.

....Or you could get a capture card.

BTW as a side note I have EasyCAP (although I don't use it much) and I've read that it needs USB 2.0 to use. My desktop (that I rarely use) has 2.0 but my laptop (that I always use) has 1.0 or 1.1. So make sure you meet the requirements if you want to go that route.

Gaz777

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks for all the replies.

I've decided to get an Easycap,even if I decide in the end I don't like it, its not much lost as it is cheap

thanks again

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If you have troubleshooting with it, PM me. There are a few issues, amke sure you install the driver properly (install it first, then find it on the disc for the windows self update, its kinda weird) and also select your video source properly (IE, NTSC-M is for United States, NTSC-MJ is almsot the equivalent, PAL is for European ......).

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
using a tv-capture device or a tv-card results in a loss of quality very often. sometimes wii-games are even unplayable because of a delay between input and output. the best solution after all is a vga-box which directly connects the console to the monitor without the need of a pc.

there are docents on the marked. from a low price and quality to a high end price range and top notch qual. the best for a reasonable price is the hdbox pro in my eyes. it's a vga-box solution with component-in and d-sub-out, supports 480i up to 1080p and has a pretty good scaler and deinterlacer. best picture quality in this price-range.

the only downside is the analog output of the box. but rumors say there is successor in the making with dvi/hdmi-output. i personally haven't seen any proof of it, but i would buy one with this additional feature for sure.

you can find the box here and here. the last link is for european customers. there the box has an other branding. it's called "hd gaming pro" but it's still the same hardware. the company has the distribution rights for europe and i got an email from them where they where demanding this right with legal force if needed.

if somebody knows a good solution like the hdbox pro with additional dvi/hdmi which he could recommend, i would appreciate a pm or a post with infos here.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gaz777 said:
Currently I run my wii off of the only tv in the house, which means I can only really use it when other people aren't using it

In my room i have a 22" TFT Monitor with DVI-D in and VGA in, currently connected to my computer.

I want to connect my wii to it so i can use it when i want to, the problem is how.

I can either buy a simple converter or a TV Card for my pc i believe.

Obviously, for the converter, i'd simply have the wii plug into the converter the into the monitor

For the TV Card i think i'd have to plug the wii into it then have my computer do the rest, but i don't know much about tv cards.

What would be the best option? and are there any other options?

Thanks in advance

ebay it m8 get the VGA cables on there no bother maybe even a HD cable

jeffro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.fakegaming.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
Screemer said:
using a tv-capture device or a tv-card results in a loss of quality very often. sometimes wii-games are even unplayable because of a delay between input and output. the best solution after all is a vga-box which directly connects the console to the monitor without the need of a pc.

there are docents on the marked. from a low price and quality to a high end price range and top notch qual. the best for a reasonable price is the hdbox pro in my eyes. it's a vga-box solution with component-in and d-sub-out, supports 480i up to 1080p and has a pretty good scaler and deinterlacer. best picture quality in this price-range.

the only downside is the analog output of the box. but rumors say there is successor in the making with dvi/hdmi-output. i personally haven't seen any proof of it, but i would buy one with this additional feature for sure.

you can find the box here and here. the last link is for european customers. there the box has an other branding. it's called "hd gaming pro" but it's still the same hardware. the company has the distribution rights for europe and i got an email from them where they where demanding this right with legal force if needed.

if somebody knows a good solution like the hdbox pro with additional dvi/hdmi which he could recommend, i would appreciate a pm or a post with infos here.

This definitely looks like the best option. I'd probably buy that one. Even though I live in europe I would probably buy http://www.hdboxpro.com/eng/shop.htm the normal one because I don't like pounds lol and they give out the correct power adapter this time.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i got mine from hongkong as well. took about 2 weeks to get shipped to germany. it came with a switching power supply and wide range input (90-250V) for us-jacks and a german adapter.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An x2VGA are apparently one of the best standalone boxes, tho they are kinda pricey. You could probably get a cheap small HDTV for the price of one of those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o