OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
lalafell.party
XP
Country
Antarctica
I just bought a Wii but it turns out my TV doesn’t have a way to plug in component cables, only SCART.

So should I buy Wii2HDMI or just settle for the SCART cable? It’s not a matter of finances because I can afford both but I wonder if there are any advantages of one over the other.

Thanks for reply in advance

Reactions: tbgtbg

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just bought a Wii but it turns out my TV doesn’t have a way to plug in component cables, only SCART.

I assume you have HDMI as well? Or this is all moot.

SCART is more of a connector than a single video type. Depending on yout TV it could be composite only, but if it's RGB capable, that's probably close enough to component cables that it probably won't make a difference unless you're super picky. An HDMI adapter is just going to convert component and maybe scale it, it's not going to look like natve HDMI.

MHKN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
lalafell.party
XP
Country
Antarctica
I assume you have HDMI as well? Or this is all moot.

SCART is more of a connector than a single video type. Depending on yout TV it could be composite only, but if it's RGB capable, that's probably close enough to component cables that it probably won't make a difference unless you're super picky. An HDMI adapter is just going to convert component and maybe scale it, it's not going to look like natve HDMI.
I'd go for wii2hdmi, most recent monitors and tv's have hdmi, scart is becoming much much rarer.
yeah i have both scart and hdmi, thats why i am asking

I have heard there are some issues with Wii2HDMI even based on some posts, so I kind of err on the side of going with SCART to avoid any complications, I don’t care much about hyper super HD graphics, but also I don’t want it to look like a 2003 video force upscaled to 1080P

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Image quality on SCART is very good, but you will not be able to use 480p mode - only 480i and 576i. More - you will not be able to play NTSC games (you will get only one color).

Wii2HDMI is cheap but you COULD get many problems with it - some people use it, some people tell that this is waste of money.

If you can affort it, buy Component cable and Component to HDMI converter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1