Hardware Wii Motion Plus - Fake vs. Genuine?

DPyro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, I just bought a motion plus on ebay and want know what the differences are to spot a fake. The one I got only came in a plastic bag, the arrow is narrower vs. fat and it has a serial number. It also has a sticker which tells the manufacturing year. It also says made in China. The plastic cap has the official Nintendo logo on it with the serial RVL-026.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know of any physical differences but the fake one I got it doesn't work at all with any games.

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i bought a japanese wii controller from ebay and the b button is a wee bit harder to press and the inside speaker sounds a little bit off inside the wii. some games like billy's boot camp sounds cool with the tinted sound.

Coconuts 500

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Look for the Nintendo logo on your Motion Plus. Does it say Nintendo® or just Nintendo? If it doesn't have the ®, it is fake.

The fake Motion Plus attachments are almost perfect. They do look very much like the genuine ones, and are nearly impossible to spot, externally. Internally, however, it's a totally different story. Not similar in the least, not even the same chips.

And sadly, performance is also quite a bit worse. This is especially evident in Skyward Sword.

adamdbz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I bought one to
Now I see that at the eBay page it says that it is not Nintendo
I played sports resort sword play and every 5 minutes I need to recalibrate
And in Zelda it works better but not 1:1 what my hand does
Do I need to get my money back and buy a real one?
It only cost 7$
What to do?

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
I find the sword in Wii Sports Resorts going haywire quite often, and I got a real wiimote+.
I dont find zelda being 1:1 either. Its close, but not 1:1...

Also, for 7$ you cant really complain tbh :P

I still think the best swordgame for Wii is Red Steel 2. Definitely the closest to 1:1 of them all.

Grafifinschnickle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is old but i found a tiny difference in the ones i see on ebay and my motion plus i got from a skyward sword bundle. on the bottom of the accessory, there are two "nubbins", one on either side that look like their made to hook on to something. On the ones i saw on ebay, the lines in the plastic (presumably from the molding) form a full inner oval on the top of these nubbins, whereas mine comes up from both sides and only makes half an oval. i dont know if this is a change in manufacturing on nintendos part or only found in chenese knockoffs, but there you go. cant upload image, so... (pretend periods are spaces)
...........ebays:.......................................................................mine:
..............__________________.............................................__________________
............/.... _______| _______...\......................................./..... _______|..............\
...........|.....| _______________|.|...................................|.....| _______...............|
............\__________|_________/.......................................\__________| ________/

Last edited by Grafifinschnickle,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also happy birthday @Xdqwerty