Wii Motion Plus - Fake vs. Genuine?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by DPyro, Nov 23, 2011.

1. DPyro
    OP

DPyro GBAtemp Regular

Oct 17, 2008
    Canada
    Hi guys, I just bought a motion plus on ebay and want know what the differences are to spot a fake. The one I got only came in a plastic bag, the arrow is narrower vs. fat and it has a serial number. It also has a sticker which tells the manufacturing year. It also says made in China. The plastic cap has the official Nintendo logo on it with the serial RVL-026.

2. pyromaniac123

pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Sep 24, 2011
    I don't know of any physical differences but the fake one I got it doesn't work at all with any games.

3. manuel1984

manuel1984 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 10, 2011
    Gambia, The
    whats the brand?

4. wilsoff

wilsoff GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2008
    United States
  5. DPyro
    OP

DPyro GBAtemp Regular

Oct 17, 2008
    Canada
    Thanks, but this one only shows the controllers. I bought the motion plus add-on. I'm leaning toward genuine because I can't see any signs pointing out otherwise. I should note it only took 8 business days for it to ship from Hong Kong.

6. steveroo

steveroo GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Oak Bay
    i bought a japanese wii controller from ebay and the b button is a wee bit harder to press and the inside speaker sounds a little bit off inside the wii. some games like billy's boot camp sounds cool with the tinted sound.

7. Coconuts 500

Coconuts 500 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2010
    Look for the Nintendo logo on your Motion Plus. Does it say Nintendo® or just Nintendo? If it doesn't have the ®, it is fake.

The fake Motion Plus attachments are almost perfect. They do look very much like the genuine ones, and are nearly impossible to spot, externally. Internally, however, it's a totally different story. Not similar in the least, not even the same chips.

And sadly, performance is also quite a bit worse. This is especially evident in Skyward Sword.

8. adamdbz

adamdbz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2011
    Iceland
    Nahariya
    I bought one to
    Now I see that at the eBay page it says that it is not Nintendo
    I played sports resort sword play and every 5 minutes I need to recalibrate
    And in Zelda it works better but not 1:1 what my hand does
    Do I need to get my money back and buy a real one?
    It only cost 7$
    What to do?

9. Lucif3r

Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 10, 2011
    I find the sword in Wii Sports Resorts going haywire quite often, and I got a real wiimote+.
    I dont find zelda being 1:1 either. Its close, but not 1:1...

Also, for 7$ you cant really complain tbh :P

I still think the best swordgame for Wii is Red Steel 2. Definitely the closest to 1:1 of them all.

10. adamdbz

adamdbz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2011
    Iceland
    Nahariya
    ya i just started playing Red Steel 2