1. regnad

regnad Button Masher

They aren't the only ones though. Every single retro emulation handheld uses these same exact thumbsticks. And there are a million of them. It's like that thumbstick manufacturer is the only game in town now.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  2. J-Machine

J-Machine Self proclaimed Pog champion

Canada
    not only but def cheaper though ALPS does make more premium potentiometer but nobody is buying them

3. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Crazy Cool Cyclops

United States
    Hey Prans, I just wanted to say that you should probably have a look at the analog stick module itself to see if it's the one that every modern controller is using, as that's why all of these controllers after the 7th generation of consoles have analog sticks that drift, whereas those controllers apparently had a higher quality analog stick module.

4. Prans

OP Prans Geek, gamer, human
    Senior Editor

eh, how can I check from the device from which generation it is?

5. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Crazy Cool Cyclops

United States

6. Prans

Senior Editor

well that didn't explain anything about how to find the generation of the analog stick you're talking about :) it's about how to fix the drift issue

7. darkshadow1997

darkshadow1997 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I do have a few questions regarding this device:
    1) What is the average battery life you get?
    2) Do the emulators of PS2, PSP and Gamecube/Wii work well?
    3) Do you need specialized drivers or you can easily download them?
    4) Can you add more memory to the device either through External HHD or an upgrade.

Prans likes this.
  8. Prans

Senior Editor

1. I answered this in a previous comment before: I can manage around 2 - 2.5 hours with Outriders and Cyberpunk. But with lower TDP settings you can apparently get more juice.

2. These will be included in the full review but in short, yes, I can even run RPCS3 on it manage with MGS4 even (after adjusting settings but with some issues with sound and occasional framerate drops - don't think 4k60fps though)

3. Not really, it works out of the box. But there are drivers made freely available on the AYA website.

4. You can upgrade the SSD NVME or you can plug in an external hard drive with the included USB to USB-C adapter.

darkshadow1997 likes this.
  9. Scarlet

Scarlet Pretty Pretty Princess
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Shame there's no eGPU support on this, even if it is somewhat niche of a want.

10. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".
    Former Staff

Croatia
    That would be a neat feature too. On board GPU for handheld and portable gaming, eGPU option for extra power when you play on the TV/monitor at home.

11. Scarlet

Scarlet Pretty Pretty Princess
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    I think it's an AMD issue? Was watching an AYA video that explained there wasn't really any AMD laptops that have Thunderbolt support either. Made me a little glad I went with the Win 3 instead, since I have a Core X on standby.

12. aadz93

aadz93 GBAtemp Official Psychonaut

Korea, North
    finally companies realize you can have a real "tablet" pc

d-pad was invented for the nes/gameboy, by gunpei yokoi, its been over 20 years so the patent has expired, unless they renew it

i don't nintendo is going to gripe about others using the dpad, since they have "first" bragging rights

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Impressions, Handheld, Gaming