Hacking Wii menu erased during waninkoko's update installer 4.3b

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GOT IT! I installed IOS70 and got 4.2u back up, THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP! question though, should I keep preloader or should I get priiloader? Is their anything I have to do to to install priiloader differently? Don't have to answer if you don't want to but I was just curious. Thank again everyone! I know where to go if I have a problem. Thanks all!

muck chucker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try this now this is a stab in the dark but in priiloader go to settings then at the bottom turn
off ios to use for system menu. Then a new thing will
pop up select ios 249 then save the setting go back main
menu and select system menu and hopefully it should boot and you can sort the rest from there.

Ok was to late 

my thought behind this way was that if preloader still work them the old system menu is still intact but the ios it uses had been replaced correct me if im wrong?

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
muck chucker said:
Try this now this is a stab in the dark but in priiloader go to settings then at the bottom turn
off ios to use for system menu. Then a new thing will
pop up select ios 249 then save the setting go back main
menu and select system menu and hopefully it should boot and you can sort the rest from there.

Ok was to late ?

my thought behind this way was that if preloader still work them the old system menu is still intact but the ios it uses had been replaced correct me if im wrong?

That's ok,bro. it's nice for people to lend their knowledge. I am installing priiloader over preloader now. I still want everyone to know that I'm grateful for you're helping hands. Glad I joined this community! great people here, Thanks all!

EseHomes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take everything you read with a grain of salt. There are WAY to many people here who think that they know what they are talking about, but usually just throwing a bunch of bullshit info together from what they gathered from an uninformative guide. Usually you should wait to do anything until someone with a high post count responds to your question. And even sometimes a high post count does not equal experience because many people are knowledgeable in things like NDS hacking but come into the wii forum every so often and try to post what they think. Just make sure before you try some advice from someone that there are multiple people backing up that persons suggestions. Really, I have watched this forum for MANY months and have seems so much misinformation that has had to be corrected by someone else.

Riley is one of the bigger people on this forum that constantly gives false info. Dont take advice from him unless someone else backs him up first. Like I said, take everything you read with a grain of salt because too many people here don't have a clue.

"Launch a .dol from bootmii" FAIL :facepalm:

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOL i post what i think is right. You dont have to take my advice at any time
tongue.gif
I made a mistake my bad. If you really dont want to see me Esehomes there is an ignore button u know
wink.gif

Ive been at the scene since twilight hack so i kinda know whats going on.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Riley said:
LOL i post what i think is right. You dont have to take my advice at any time
tongue.gif
I made a mistake my bad. If you really dont want to see me Esehomes there is an ignore button u know
wink.gif

Ive been at the scene since twilight hack so i kinda know whats going on.

Something very important each person should know is that no homebrew app comes with warranty. Everyone here try to do their best to help others. Sometimes things goes smoothly, and sadly sometimes not.

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know not everyone is right when it comes to knowledge but hey, as long as someone can comfirm that there is a fix to someones problem with wii or any other system is all that matters. I am fairly knowledgeable when I put my mind to something. I'm learning the wii and it's IOSes as days pass. While it's bullshit that some people want to post false info to be cute,others that know better will shoot them down. That is why I make sure there is more then ONE person that knows how to fix something instantiates in front of me for when I try it,it WILL work. I'll be cautious to any info that is given to me. Thanks again, I hope I become a "Cool" member of this community. There are times I am a bit rash on my opinion. Just ignore me if I get a bit too negative
biggrin.gif

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EseHomes said:
Umm, just to let everyone know, you CAN NOT run .dol files from bootmii. IDK why there are so many people in this thread throwing out misinformation. The only things that can be run from bootmii are .elf files that have been compiled with the bootmii toolchain. Normal homebrew apps CAN NOT be run from bootmii. You people REALLY need to research more before telling people stuff that does not work. I am still a noob here and surprisingly I know more than many other people because I took the time to research instead of assume.

Yes you can. With boot2 installed on your Wii you can replace the bootmii files on your SD card with cboot2.

It replaces mini with an IOS that can be used for wadmanager/cios installer/etc

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EseHomes said:
Umm, just to let everyone know, you CAN NOT run .dol files from bootmii. IDK why there are so many people in this thread throwing out misinformation. The only things that can be run from bootmii are .elf files that have been compiled with the bootmii toolchain. Normal homebrew apps CAN NOT be run from bootmii. You people REALLY need to research more before telling people stuff that does not work. I am still a noob here and surprisingly I know more than many other people because I took the time to research instead of assume.

You're a complete idiot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1