Homebrew Wii MAME games won't load...

bte4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the HBC, I select MAME Wii v1.0 and it loads fine. I see a list of games, click on a game, but then after it loads the games, it immediately kicks me out to the HBC. The game never starts... I believe I have the correct version of the games 0.134u4 - but I'm not totally sure about that... Interestingly, If I try to load the HBB, I get an error that it can't find the homebrew list. It says that it gets an ip address from codemii, so everything looks good until that point. I mention this to see if this gives any clues. I'm starting to wonder if it's a SD card compatibility issue (I've tried several, but the one I've been using most is a 2 GB Sandisk.) Here is my file structure for the SD card:
->apps
->->sdlmamewii
->->->docs
->->->boot.dol
->->->icon
->->->meta
->->->README
->mame
->->cfg
->->roms (game files here)
->->errors
->->mame

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

bte4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply! It's definitely not locked. I also deleted all of the miscellaneous channels on the Wii, other than the HBC, of course, just to make sure it wasn't a memory problem. Still a no go. Given the silence on my post, it appears as if no one has seen this... so it must be an isolated problem. Given compatibility issues with SD cards for the Wii, my guess is that it's just that, a compatibility problem. Probably just need to go spend a little money to get a Wii branded SD card. Thanks again.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the reply! It's definitely not locked. I also deleted all of the miscellaneous channels on the Wii, other than the HBC, of course, just to make sure it wasn't a memory problem. Still a no go. Given the silence on my post, it appears as if no one has seen this... so it must be an isolated problem. Given compatibility issues with SD cards for the Wii, my guess is that it's just that, a compatibility problem. Probably just need to go spend a little money to get a Wii branded SD card. Thanks again.
No, I do not think mame can acctually load a lot of roms.
If you are into capcom aracade games ( Streetfigter etc. )
Try retroarch gx, and install the full Final BUrn Alpha core to load even the Konami arcade games!

bte4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try retroarch gx, and install the full Final BUrn Alpha core to load even the Konami arcade games!
What I'm trying to do is to get the classic games like Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, etc. on the Wii for my kids. Maybe retroarch will have a MAME emulator soon. Any other ways you know of doing this? Thanks again.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What I'm trying to do is to get the classic games like Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, etc. on the Wii for my kids. Maybe retroarch will have a MAME emulator soon. Any other ways you know of doing this? Thanks again.
If you install FBA full core to retroarch ( Look at the first post in their thread on gba temp, you can play pacman, no problem
If you need help contact me via PM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.