buggers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=87615&st=0

I seen that thread and noticed something, it talks about copyrighted software, but Opera is free software.

Nintendo are criminals for charging for free software, the NDS one was understandable since the cartridge costs money.

Also the thread says to use Google, but funny thing is that's how I found the thread, we need to stop this lopp of having threads telling people to google come up on google.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
buggers said:

I seen that thread and noticed something, it talks about copyrighted software, but Opera is free software.

Nintendo are criminals for charging for free software, the NDS one was understandable since the cartridge costs money.

Also the thread says to use Google, but funny thing is that's how I found the thread, we need to stop this lopp of having threads telling people to google come up on google.
1. Read the OLD license and learn to understand what you are talking about
2. You can dl and use opera 4 free since this month

buggers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What license.

I cannot connect to the Wii shop because it wants me to use WiiConnect 24, I am told not to use that or I'll lose my mods.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no you won't. Turn it on. When the day comes for Ninty to upgrade the system again, it will ASK you to upgrade... you can choose not to.

HiBit.. no disrespect, but your avatar really freaks me out
wacko.gif

buggers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jazvdb said:
What the f*ck are you smoking?Who me? Nothing ATM, Cannabis last week but now I am normal again.

QUOTE(urherenow @ Sep 27 2009, 08:38 AM) no you won't. Turn it on. When the day comes for Ninty to upgrade the system again, it will ASK you to upgrade... you can choose not to.

HiBit.. no disrespect, but your avatar really freaks me out
wacko.gif
I still feel etchy about doing anything until I know more...

I haven't upgraded anything since I got it and modded it.

Oh yeah does Youtube work on it? On my brother PS3 he can watch youtube on his TV and that's cool, I wanna do that on mine. Also allsp.com has southpark, would that site work?

honeypa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
You won't lose anything while turning on WiiConnect24
It just enables wifi 24/7

what? I've heard that if your Wii isn't updated to the latest firmware it will automatically update when you shut it off emitting a blue light on the power button.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
honeypa said:
tj_cool said:
You won't lose anything while turning on WiiConnect24
It just enables wifi 24/7

what? I've heard that if your Wii isn't updated to the latest firmware it will automatically update when you shut it off emitting a blue light on the power button.
Thats Wrong
It will never auto-update

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
first of all people who did pay for the browser are getting there wiipoints back (400 points or a nes title)

Second of all the reason MANY videos do not play is because of ADOBE FLASH PLAYER COPYRIGHTS not nintendo...While each console from the PS3 to the wii to even Dreamcast had different web browsing w/ different software rights its hard to compare them other than to say that ALL OF THESE HAVCE POOR FLASH SUPPORT and often NO java support at all
wink.gif
see think of these as a "poor browser" most support up to flash 7 and now the wii can run LIMITED flash 8 but lacks the resources to ever be as decent as firefox for example
wink.gif

About wiiconect24 : someone lied to you bud ive been playing with it on since day one and ran every damn app i can get my hands on
smile.gif
it wont disable anything the only way that they can overwrite your modded trucha ios is if you the enduser allows that
wink.gif

jazvdb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
first of all people who did pay for the browser are getting there wiipoints back (400 points or a nes title)

Second of all the reason MANY videos do not play is because of ADOBE FLASH PLAYER COPYRIGHTS not nintendo...While each console from the PS3 to the wii to even Dreamcast had different web browsing w/ different software rights its hard to compare them other than to say that ALL OF THESE HAVCE POOR FLASH SUPPORT and often NO java support at all
wink.gif
see think of these as a "poor browser" most support up to flash 7 and now the wii can run LIMITED flash 8 but lacks the resources to ever be as decent as firefox for example
wink.gif

About wiiconect24 : someone lied to you bud ive been playing with it on since day one and ran every damn app i can get my hands on
smile.gif
it wont disable anything the only way that they can overwrite your modded trucha ios is if you the enduser allows that
wink.gif

Really? 400, man i bought it for 500

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buggers said:

The reason they likely charged for it to begin with was likely to cover the cost of paying Opera to port the browser to the Wii.

And there is nothing criminalizing about selling free software. Linux, for example, is allowed to be sold provided you follow certain guidelines.

mpg187

Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
s3phir0th115 said:
buggers said:

The reason they likely charged for it to begin with was likely to cover the cost of paying Opera to port the browser to the Wii.

And there is nothing criminalizing about selling free software. Linux, for example, is allowed to be sold provided you follow certain guidelines.
I read you can't sell Linux. You are allowed to sell hardware running Linux and support, but that's it.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mpg187 said:
s3phir0th115 said:
buggers said:

I read you can't sell Linux. You are allowed to sell hardware running Linux and support, but that's it.

See here:

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html

For reference, the Linux kernel is under a GNU license, as are most of the tools you use in Linux.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one