Wii Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bjorno, Nov 12, 2009.

Nov 12, 2009
  1. bjorno
    OP

Member bjorno GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Well.. my wii still isnt back (Think still at NINTY) but it will 60% come back with a 4.2E firmware.
    I understand xzxzero's guide till the Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS.
    In the guide it says:

Install IOS70-v6687.wad
    Install IOS202-v4.wad
    Install IOS222-v4.wad
    Install IOS223-v4.wad
    Install IOS249-v14.wad
    Install IOS250-v65535.wad

Q1: Ios 70 is a trucha bugged version of 4.2, will this work on a 4.2E (region problems?)
    Q2: Where do i get all those wads, using wich program, how? (step by step, i dont want a answer like:" Using this program you can get all those ios". (i still dont know HOW TO USE IT, so please a very clear step by step tut [​IMG] )
    Q3: Is it true that isntalling IOS70-v6687.wad is the most dangerous wad, from the list? (if it fails, interuption, ends out with a brick?)
    Q4: If one of the wads fails (example one ios from the list except Ios70), will it brick my wii? since all ios there except ios 70 arent the system menu.
    Q5: i know about TBR (trucha bug restorer), but if one step of the TBR fails?, and i could try it again, should i keep trying it again? or restart wii? (i think my wii will get bricked if i restart)
    Q6: IOS70-v6687.wad, this is the trucha bugged 4.2 firmware right?
    Q7: If by any chance, IOS 70-v6687.wad fails, i MUST NOT RESTART THE WII RIGHT? Because that will end up in a brick, in such a situation, what do i have to do? Install a original IOS 70?
    Q8: Are there anymore ios/wads i need to install? (requires a specific ios to run a game)
    Q9: Anymore advices about ios/wads?

A1: Yes i know about installing bootmii/preloader
    A2: I know about preloader getting deleted if i install Cios70 (trucha bugged sys menu)
    A3: I know about backuplaunchers
    A4: I KNOW i will run imidiately a BOOTMII BACKUP, before i mess with the wads.

Well.. that were a lot of questions and answers that i know.
    So anyone that can answer some questions?
    Waiting for replies [​IMG]

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    and just so you know: you think every step is going to fail, the guide is made so they don't fail.
    The chance of one failing is less than 0.1%

3. bjorno
    OP

Netherlands
    Lol thats lame, i have to mail him to get the package. So if 1 milion people mail him, he have to say it 1 milion times lol.

4. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Its an auto-replying mail [​IMG]

5. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    No he won't. It's set up to auto-reply to any sender

6. bjorno
    OP

Netherlands
    I will give it a try, using my extra mail acount [​IMG]

edit: Geen nieuwe berichten. Mocht je iets willen lezen, dan kun je altijd naar Google Nieuws gaan. [no new messages, if you want to read, you could visit google news]

Nothing comes back O.o , so it isnt a auto reply mail afterall?