Hacking Wii Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well.. my wii still isnt back (Think still at NINTY) but it will 60% come back with a 4.2E firmware.
I understand xzxzero's guide till the Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS.
In the guide it says:

Install IOS70-v6687.wad
Install IOS202-v4.wad
Install IOS222-v4.wad
Install IOS223-v4.wad
Install IOS249-v14.wad
Install IOS250-v65535.wad

Q1: Ios 70 is a trucha bugged version of 4.2, will this work on a 4.2E (region problems?)
Q2: Where do i get all those wads, using wich program, how? (step by step, i dont want a answer like:" Using this program you can get all those ios". (i still dont know HOW TO USE IT, so please a very clear step by step tut
smile.gif
)
Q3: Is it true that isntalling IOS70-v6687.wad is the most dangerous wad, from the list? (if it fails, interuption, ends out with a brick?)
Q4: If one of the wads fails (example one ios from the list except Ios70), will it brick my wii? since all ios there except ios 70 arent the system menu.
Q5: i know about TBR (trucha bug restorer), but if one step of the TBR fails?, and i could try it again, should i keep trying it again? or restart wii? (i think my wii will get bricked if i restart)
Q6: IOS70-v6687.wad, this is the trucha bugged 4.2 firmware right?
Q7: If by any chance, IOS 70-v6687.wad fails, i MUST NOT RESTART THE WII RIGHT? Because that will end up in a brick, in such a situation, what do i have to do? Install a original IOS 70?
Q8: Are there anymore ios/wads i need to install? (requires a specific ios to run a game)
Q9: Anymore advices about ios/wads?

A1: Yes i know about installing bootmii/preloader
A2: I know about preloader getting deleted if i install Cios70 (trucha bugged sys menu)
A3: I know about backuplaunchers
A4: I KNOW i will run imidiately a BOOTMII BACKUP, before i mess with the wads.

Well.. that were a lot of questions and answers that i know.
So anyone that can answer some questions?
Waiting for replies
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bjorno said:
Q1: Ios 70 is a trucha bugged version of 4.2, will this work on a 4.2E (region problems?)
its not the system menu 4.2, its the IOS used by system menu 4.2 and it works with any region
Q2: Where do i get all those wads, using wich program, how? (step by step, i dont want a answer like:" Using this program you can get all those ios". (i still dont know HOW TO USE IT, so please a very clear step by step tut
smile.gif
)
The wads are included with the package you get when you mail that mail address at the top
Q3: Is it true that isntalling IOS70-v6687.wad is the most dangerous wad, from the list? (if it fails, interuption, ends out with a brick?)
Unless you have 4.2 already, it will not brick when it fails
Q4: If one of the wads fails (example one ios from the list except Ios70), will it brick my wii? since all ios there except ios 70 arent the system menu.
No, they will not brick your wii
Q5: i know about TBR (trucha bug restorer), but if one step of the TBR fails?, and i could try it again, should i keep trying it again? or restart wii? (i think my wii will get bricked if i restart)
If your wii still works, then try again
wink.gif

Q6: IOS70-v6687.wad, this is the trucha bugged 4.2 firmware right?
See Q1
Q7: If by any chance, IOS 70-v6687.wad fails, i MUST NOT RESTART THE WII RIGHT? Because that will end up in a brick, in such a situation, what do i have to do? Install a original IOS 70?
It won't fail (if it does, simply install it again without quitting wad manager
Q8: Are there anymore ios/wads i need to install? (requires a specific ios to run a game)
No
Q9: Anymore advices about ios/wads?
Never delete IOS unless a guide tells you to do so, never install wads you're not sure about

A2: I know about preloader getting deleted if i install Cios70 (trucha bugged sys menu)
Ok, one more time, IOS70 is NOT the system menu

and just so you know: you think every step is going to fail, the guide is made so they don't fail.
The chance of one failing is less than 0.1%

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lol thats lame, i have to mail him to get the package. So if 1 milion people mail him, he have to say it 1 milion times lol.

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FenrirWolf said:
No he won't. It's set up to auto-reply to any sender

I will give it a try, using my extra mail acount
smile.gif

edit: Geen nieuwe berichten. Mocht je iets willen lezen, dan kun je altijd naar Google Nieuws gaan. [no new messages, if you want to read, you could visit google news]

Nothing comes back O.o , so it isnt a auto reply mail afterall?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free