w4aqar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I recently purchased a HD LCD TV and i read online that to maximize the Wii's graphicsa component cable is required.
So the question is that which one shall i purchase?
Theres two: Offical Componet cable and GameWare cable

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
there are cheap wii component cables out there that do the job at half the price. in uk normally £15 but i got mine for a fiver

i would go for gameware if its a lot cheaper, they are the same thing

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the madcatz one for 7$ at amazon, it seems to do the job well, I've had no complaints. The reviews from people who've tried both say there's no difference. I haven't heard of the GameWare cable, but as long as it's not really thin (meaning they cheaped out) it should be fine.

avant1277

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i'm using the joytech component cable which is 50% of the cost of the official nintendo one. seems fine to me
smile.gif

inde

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gcmods.org
XP
Country
Dont go for the gameware cables, seriously they really are awful.
i first went for them on the wii's release as the official ones were near impossible to get hold of, only to find that they produced a blurry picture with washed out colours.
i later bought the official cables and the colours were vibrant with a crisp picture, i learned my lesson there, dont ever buy game branded cables.

To twiggy12-
It doesnt allow you to have proper HD, just ED (enhanced definition) at 480p.
but at 480p, 576i running through component the picture is sharp with no blurring, i find its a must have as standard av looks awful on large hdtv's.

Twiggy12

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
inde said:
Dont go for the gameware cables, seriously they really are awful.
i first went for them on the wii's release as the official ones were near impossible to get hold of, only to find that they produced a blurry picture with washed out colours.
i later bought the official cables and the colours were vibrant with a crisp picture, i learned my lesson there, dont ever buy game branded cables.

To twiggy12-
It doesnt allow you to have proper HD, just ED (enhanced definition) at 480p.
but at 480p, 576i running through component the picture is sharp with no blurring, i find its a must have as standard av looks awful on large hdtv's.

well i dont have a hd tv so would getting these cables be pointless?

inde

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gcmods.org
XP
Country
yeah sorta, unless your tv has component inputs and is able to run at 480p (some older tv's do, tho not many of them do.)
if it has the seperate green (Y), Blue (Pb) and Red (Pr) sockets for video input then a seperate white and red socket for audio input then it supports these cables.

D

dvdvdv

Agree with inde's comments just above - don't get the game cables - spend a little more and go for the official nintendo ones - wasting your money otherwise (unless they have improved them since a year ago..)

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The component cable I use for my Wii is a cheap Chinese-made "PantherLord" brand PS2/PS3/Xbox 360/Wii 3-in-one component cable, and on my LCD monitor it is as good as you're going to get out of the Wii's 480p output. Maybe I just got lucky and bought a good one, but I got the impression that Wii component cables were all pretty similar.

Twiggy12 said:
well i dont have a hd tv so would getting these cables be pointless?
Depends. If it's a progressive display (i.e. an LCD or plasma screen) then it's a good idea and you'll notice the difference. If it's an interlaced display (i.e. a CRT screen) then it's probably not worth it unless you're really picky about picture quality and have a good TV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Most devices these days have built in safety if the company is smart