component cable Wii

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My Wii component cable, which is a Chinese generic, stopped working, which one is necessarily the original Wii cable or are there better component cables? Also, I'm thinking about purchasing HDMI from Bitfunx as they make great products for other consoles

drag4you

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I use this ones

717lQW1QioL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

They are pretty good even though they are kinda expensive.

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Examine your cables (broken/damaged etc.) & plugs (pins etc.) carefully.
It could be simple, self-fix.

Most cheaper Wii2HDMI also work well. There was bad reports, but I think the worst is over.

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Examine cuidadosamente los cables (rotos/dañados, etc.) y los enchufes (clavijas, etc.).
Podría ser simple, auto-arreglarse.

La mayoría de las Wii2HDMI más baratas también funcionan bien. Hubo malos informes, pero creo que lo peor ya pasó.
I have the console's original RCA and I feel a downground, I also noticed three things
1 - Zelda TP, RE Remake and others that in the component were shown as a window in the component and are now full screen on RCA
2- certain AR codes work differently, e.g. in Mario Kart Double Dash in the component the code I put in 16:9 was perfect and in RCA it is showing things off screen
3 - Resident Evil 2, 3 and 0 and Turok on the component, all you had to do was force the video to PAL 60hz and progressive and these games are at 60hz progressive, and without the progressive they are at 480i on the component, but on the RCA they are only at 50Hz and as for RE 2 and 3 have to use AR code and force NTSC video

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Downgrade ?

Most of the other things can be sorted by the Wii & apps settings, & by your TV's settings.
The Wii2HDMI will change display, but can be managed by apps & TV adjustments.
I forgot that the English name of RCA is compositional, that red yellow and white cable

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you have a newer (smarter) TV, then go with Wii2HDMI. It's more manageable with screen sizes & have less conflicts with NTSC standards.
We all Pal here (Au) & using NTSC standards work fine. Pal with NTSC standards was not as friendly, but you never know these days & technology .... You may be surprised :)

I will assume your Wii is Pal & some of your games are NTSC (?).
You can try to find the problematic games in other regions.

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you have a newer (smarter) TV, then go with Wii2HDMI. It's more manageable with screen sizes & have less conflicts with NTSC standards.
We all Pal here (Au) & using NTSC standards work fine. Pal with NTSC standards was not as friendly, but you never know these days & technology .... You may be surprised :)

I will assume your Wii is Pal & some of your games are NTSC (?).
You can try to find the problematic games in other regions.
mine is NTSC (USA) I play PAL games because of the Spanish language, I'm still deciding, I'm not going to put a Wii on a 40-inch monitor either (the experience is horrible) it's a 27-inch monitor from LG that has an IPS screen and audio output (in addition to being 144Hz and being Freesync) As I said above, I want Bitfunx because of the quality, it is very well shielded and on other consoles it does an excellent job

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I forgot that the English name of RCA is compositional, that red yellow and white cable
Technically, both traditional composite and Y/Pb/Pr use RCA cables - it's just that Y/Pb/Pr splits the video signal down three cables for red, blue, and luma. This is actually why composite is called what it is - the cable itself was designed for black and white signals, and is very crisp when outputting them, it's just the attempt to jam colour data down the line that makes it blurry.

The Gamecube and Wii are really the best systems for Y/Pb/Pr and component from my experience anyway. The only problem is that Nintendont (unless I missed a recent update) doesn't support 576p.

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
mine is NTSC (USA) I play PAL games because of the Spanish language, I'm still deciding, I'm not going to put a Wii on a 40-inch monitor either (the experience is horrible) it's a 27-inch monitor from LG that has an IPS screen and audio output (in addition to being 144Hz and being Freesync) As I said above, I want Bitfunx because of the quality, it is very well shielded and on other consoles it does an excellent job
A friend of mine has bought the U$ 20,00 bitfunx wii2hdmi and the results were a litle too dark. Ive bought a U$ 2,00 dolar wii2hdmi on aliexpress and the results were a little brighter, but less crisp, im my opinion better overall. If you dont care much about quality, so any of the wii2hdmi gets the job done, they're good value. If you're rich and care about og hardware, so internal (most recent revisions)Wii hdmi mod is the way to go. Middle term would be the mentioned retrovision cables and a proper way to plug it on on your modern hdmi only tv (gbsc, ossc or retrotink 5x).

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive bought a U$ 2,00 dolar wii2hdmi on aliexpress and the results were a little brighter
You could tweak the video settings on your tv to your liking, and it will look better in comparison. Definitely better than composite (and without an upscaler)..

Reactions: Amuro-san

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Technically, both traditional composite and Y/Pb/Pr use RCA cables - it's just that Y/Pb/Pr splits the video signal down three cables for red, blue, and luma. This is actually why composite is called what it is - the cable itself was designed for black and white signals, and is very crisp when outputting them, it's just the attempt to jam colour data down the line that makes it blurry.

The Gamecube and Wii are really the best systems for Y/Pb/Pr and component from my experience anyway. The only problem is that Nintendont (unless I missed a recent update) doesn't support 576p.
Devolution is compatible
Post automatically merged:

A friend of mine has bought the U$ 20,00 bitfunx wii2hdmi and the results were a litle too dark. Ive bought a U$ 2,00 dolar wii2hdmi on aliexpress and the results were a little brighter, but less crisp, im my opinion better overall. If you dont care much about quality, so any of the wii2hdmi gets the job done, they're good value. If you're rich and care about og hardware, so internal (most recent revisions)Wii hdmi mod is the way to go. Middle term would be the mentioned retrovision cables and a proper way to plug it on on your modern hdmi only tv (gbsc, ossc or retrotink 5x).
I even thought about Retrotink and these others, but by all accounts Bitfunx is better and I've seen several comparisons, Wii2HDMI it blows out the colors as well as my component which no longer works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Doubt we'll ever see a Switch 2 anytime soon.