Hacking Wii hangs after about 10 seconds in the system menu

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
jskyboo said:
You could try downloading Wii Mod, go to the IOSs menu and check if 60 is clean. If it isn't install a fresh copy. If it is clean, try checking IOSs and posting the resulting csv. Does the Wii hang when you start it with the sd card ejected as well?
You really should bother to read previous posts.
tongue.gif

I did, Syscheck checks permissions. So the output told us the version was untouched and it didn't have permissions patched. Wii Mod checks the hash against the hashes of clean installs from nus, so if the IOS is not clean it may be messed up but it also does not have permissions patched. Also the output from check IOS in Wii Mod tells more info.

awful_name said:
QUOTE(Fudge @ Jul 3 2011, 12:37 AM)
Very odd. I would try doing a clean install of 4.2E or 4.3E to see if you can fix the problem.
I'm sorry, but I don't really get what you mean by clean install.
When we say a clean install we mean a fresh download from nus unpatched by any wii tool. You can download them via NUSD and install them via any wad manager or use a tool like Wii Mod to install them right after downloading it.

awful_name

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jskyboo said:
JoostinOnline said:
jskyboo said:
You could try downloading Wii Mod, go to the IOSs menu and check if 60 is clean. If it isn't install a fresh copy. If it is clean, try checking IOSs and posting the resulting csv. Does the Wii hang when you start it with the sd card ejected as well?
You really should bother to read previous posts.
tongue.gif

I did, Syscheck checks permissions. So the output told us the version was untouched and it didn't have permissions patched. Wii Mod checks the hash against the hashes of clean installs from nus, so if the IOS is not clean it may be messed up but it also does not have permissions patched. Also the output from check IOS in Wii Mod tells more info.

Tried it now, but it just says "Press any button to continue" and then goes back to the menu without saving anything.

jskyboo said:
QUOTE(awful_name @ Jul 2 2011, 05:38 PM) QUOTE(Fudge @ Jul 3 2011, 12:37 AM)
Very odd. I would try doing a clean install of 4.2E or 4.3E to see if you can fix the problem.
I'm sorry, but I don't really get what you mean by clean install.
When we say a clean install we mean a fresh download from nus unpatched by any wii tool. You can download them via NUSD and install them via any wad manager or use a tool like Wii Mod to install them right after downloading it.
When I installed 4.1E I downloaded it with ModMii (the download page 1) and then installed it with Multi-Mod Manager. But okay, I'll try with 4.2E.

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awful_name said:
Tried it now, but it just says "Press any button to continue" and then goes back to the menu without saving anything.

When I installed 4.1E I downloaded it with ModMii (the download page 1) and then installed it with Multi-Mod Manager. But okay, I'll try with 4.2E.
When you tried going to which menu IOS menu or checking your IOSs? What IOS was loaded(up in the top right on main menu)? You should probably try the IOS if you already tried reinstalling the system menu. One of them is likely messed up the question is which....or maybe its something completely different, be on the look out for the Spanish Inquisition.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
awful_name said:
JoostinOnline said:
So when did this start?
As I stated in the OP, when I tried restoring from the BootMii backup.
I just wanted to make sure. There have been a lot of cases lately where people fail to mention things they did right before the problem occured, usually because they don't think it's significant. I didn't want for this thread to drag on for days before you mentioned you did [insert failure] after the restore.

QUOTE(jskyboo @ Jul 2 2011, 05:48 PM)
Also the output from check IOS in Wii Mod tells more info.
And a fair amount of that info is wrong. It often detects patches that aren't applied, or misses ones that are. That's why I don't suggest it. It's still a new app though, so I imagine with time a lot of the bugs will be fixed.

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
And a fair amount of that info is wrong. It often detects patches that aren't applied, or misses ones that are. That's why I don't suggest it. It's still a new app though, so I imagine with time a lot of the bugs will be fixed.
If you are having problems with Wii Mod please post on the Wii Mod thread and I'll help resolve the issues you are having. And as for how new Wii Mod is follow the link at the bottom of the change log to find out about the history of Wii Mod and MMM.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
jskyboo said:
JoostinOnline said:
If you are having problems with Wii Mod please post on the Wii Mod thread and I'll help resolve the issues you are having. And as for how new Wii Mod is follow the link at the bottom of the change log to find out about the history of Wii Mod and MMM.
Joostin slaps himself.

Sorry, I realize I was being rude. Our air conditioner hasn't been working, and it's 100+ degrees here during the daytime. I get grumpy when I feel like the house is on fire. It's night now, so the house is cooling down.

I thought WiiMod was around 4 months old, but if an app isn't old (like 2 or more years old) I still call it new. I also haven't been part of gbatemp for very long either. I originally joined intending to get permission to use files from a developer for a guide I wrote, then leave, but I kinda got stuck here, lol. I got my news on app updates from other sites.

Edit:
Joostin slaps himself again.

Well this is awkward. It seems you are the creator of WiiMod.
shy.gif
I didn't mean to bash your app, and I'd be very happy if you could help me with it. I'll try to post everything tomorrow.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
awful_name said:
Essentially, I'm trying to downgrade a Wii to system menu 4.1E from system menu 4.2E after it was accidentally upgraded.
I had a BootMii backup from before, but it was complaining over being from another Wii, so I overrode the check.
Hi, it sounds like a NAND problem, I remember a guy with a very strange one:
QUOTEactaully, the usb channel loads fine and works but when the wii is turned off, it won't turn back on and i ahve to restore the nand
Well we were unable to get it to work, we needed to use comex' NAND formatter to fix it. If really nothing works now it could be such a NAND problem.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
boot into bootmii
restoring the nand backup you restored (A) again
reboot into bootmii (not sysmenu!)
make a nand backup (B)
comparing A and B should show if any badblocks were created after A was first made

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
I once had a problem like this, it turned out to be a priiloader hack problem, question due you have a retail disc it the drive?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
awful_name said:
Essentially, I'm trying to downgrade a Wii to system menu 4.1E from system menu 4.2E after it was accidentally upgraded.
I had a BootMii backup from before, but it was complaining over being from another Wii, so I overrode the check.
Hi, it sounds like a NAND problem, I remember a guy with a very strange one:
QUOTEactaully, the usb channel loads fine and works but when the wii is turned off, it won't turn back on and i ahve to restore the nand
Well we were unable to get it to work, we needed to use comex' NAND formatter to fix it. If really nothing works now it could be such a NAND problem.
I've seen this 5 times in the past. Reinstalling all IOS's fixed the problem for those who were able to run homebrew. Most couldn't get the HBC or Priiloader to run without freezing, and games wouldn't work. Only one person had 4.3, and since BB2 wasn't an option, he had to get a new Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.