Hacking Wii Game Manager

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LxTrix said:
I noticed you added the hit a letter and it goes to it but it does it for title id and not theactual title. and Okami still shows up as Kami

Actually I have not added that functionality at all so if it is doing it, it's the default behavior. It will be overridden at some point when I get around to adding it in.
As far as the missing O, I am still trying to filter out all the possibilities, they should be available in the next version

Ed

dctravis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep up the awesome work man, I look forward to the next release whenever you finish it and feel it is ready. I am curious though whether you will put the new release in this post or if there is a section you will post it? I dont come to this site often, the wii game manager attracted me.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dctravis said:
Keep up the awesome work man, I look forward to the next release whenever you finish it and feel it is ready. I am curious though whether you will put the new release in this post or if there is a section you will post it? I dont come to this site often, the wii game manager attracted me.
I post all releases in this thread, both at the end of the thread and on the first post of this thread

Ed

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 1.4.0.2 is released, first post updated
There are a few additional items in the language files that were added to 1.4.0.2 and translated using Google Translator. I didn't want to bother you guys with a few lines for translation. If they are too far off and you want to fix em you can do so and send em to my email and I'll post them.

Version 1.4.0.2 with wbfs_file 2.8 can be found here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7ZZ3H69R
Alternate languages for version 1.4.0.2 can be found here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BL99FTVD
The Configurable USB Loader topic can be found here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147638

Changes to version 1.4.0.2
Added Close button to custom theme creator
Rewrote the language loading routine with more error checking, if a section is missing it will report it and continue, If a value is missing it will ignore it
**Note: This may cause some items to appear with no text, make sure you have the right language files for your version
Added some additional item translations that I missed previously
Added the ability to format to FAT32 using fat32format.exe, if it does not exist it will be created in the application directory
Added the ability to press a key to select items in the list that match the letter pressed. multiple presses will cycle through each item that matches the letter pressed.
Fixed highlighted items would disappear from the list if it lost focus
Fixed Ctrl-A could only be used if the main list had focus (This still requires the main list to be visible)

I

ichich56

Will there be the option, like in wbfs manager 3, to see the size of the game when adding to HD?

clueo8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to Extract an ISO file from my WBFS, it doesn't work... Extracting WBFS files works... Does anyone else see this issue?

flopwii

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yesterday I tried to extract a wbfs file using Wii Game Manager 1.4.0.1 from my wbfs partition (on an external Freecom XXL drive, which has been working satisfactorily for some months on the WII) with as destination somewhere on my NTFS partition.
It started copying just fine, but when I noticed it was going to take some 30 minutes. I was pleased this was working and I decided to cancel the copying, and use it at a more suitable moment. Since I saw no cancel button I closed the application, which then gave me a warning (or even more) which I gracefully ignored.
When restarting the application I noticed my WBFS partition was broken. Rather annoying since I expected it to have been just reading from that WBFS partition, not writing as well. I think the program could be ruggedized a bit on this point.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can retrieve my WBFS partition, with several games on it, apart form reformatting (or is there an option which does not destroy the data on the volume)

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flopwii said:
Yesterday I tried to extract a wbfs file using Wii Game Manager 1.4.0.1 from my wbfs partition (on an external Freecom XXL drive, which has been working satisfactorily for some months on the WII) with as destination somewhere on my NTFS partition.
It started copying just fine, but when I noticed it was going to take some 30 minutes. I was pleased this was working and I decided to cancel the copying, and use it at a more suitable moment. Since I saw no cancel button I closed the application, which then gave me a warning (or even more) which I gracefully ignored.
When restarting the application I noticed my WBFS partition was broken. Rather annoying since I expected it to have been just reading from that WBFS partition, not writing as well. I think the program could be ruggedized a bit on this point.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can retrieve my WBFS partition, with several games on it, apart form reformatting (or is there an option which does not destroy the data on the volume)

The program does not write to the WBFS partition at all when copying data from it as far as I know, there should be no reason at all for data corruption. I have crashed the program many times this way and have never had data corruption because of it. I will test this more today and post the results.

The program simply calls wbfs_file.exe to do the copy so I can't see how this could happen. Now if you were writing a file to the partition, that is a whole other story. Crashing before the wbfs file headers are written is not terribly risky, however, crashing during a header write can cause data corruption. I am working on a routine to gracefully cancel a copy/move operation in progress, but it is not yet working well enough to release.

I will ask Oggzee if there are any file writes that happen when copying from a WBFS partition and let you know.

As far as recovery is concerned, I am not sure as I've never had it happen to me yet.

Ed

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clueo8 said:
Whenever I try to Extract an ISO file from my WBFS, it doesn't work... Extracting WBFS files works... Does anyone else see this issue?
Im looking into this, give me a few minutes and I'll let you know
Ok, I have tracked down the problem and fixed it, however I cannot release a fix until I finish the additional material I have added to the program. I will try and finish this up today if possible.

Ed

ps. It will be worth the wait
wink.gif

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
flopwii said:
You can try wwt.

Sorry about your corrupted partition, although I almost certain that it does not write anything to a wbfs partition if it is copying from it I will review my code again to see if i missed anything.

edit: apparently even when only reading libwbfs will sync the headers, meaning it will also write. I find it strange that this could cause corruption, but it will be disabled in next ver. of wbfs_file. (ps, thanks also to fig2k to pointing this out)

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
flopwii said:
You can try wwt.

Sorry about your corrupted partition, although I almost certain that it does not write anything to a wbfs partition if it is copying from it I will review my code again to see if i missed anything.

edit: apparently even when only reading libwbfs will sync the headers, meaning it will also write. I find it strange that this could cause corruption, but it will be disabled in next ver. of wbfs_file. (ps, thanks also to fig2k to pointing this out)

Thx Oggzee for straightning this out, I wil embed 2.9 into the next version as soon as it is available.

Ed

flopwii

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oggzee said:
flopwii said:
You can try wwt.

Ed, and Oggzee,

I must confess, I was too early in my judgement that the partition was broken.
Today, on my other computer I was able to see all original content is still there, e.g. when using WBFS Manager. I don't know what was wrong on the original computer I was performing the actions on, but I think we may forget about it.
I was able to 'save' all my games as .wbfs files now, and am now thinking about using a NTFS or FAT32 drive, with these files, in combination with USB Loader GX (because I like that and think it could work nowadays), thereby avoiding the use of a WBFS partition in the future.

So sorry for the commotion, and keep up the good work.

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
@flopwii:
Oh, that's a relief, thanks for clearing this up!
However wbfs_file 2.9 now has that sync write on open disabled just in case
wink.gif

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi!

I updated French language file that's why
Alternate languages for version 1.4.0.2 (new link) can be found here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HWJ8WAWS
(all languages are included, other languages than French are untouched)

I still have some question, where is "37=Inquiry" been used?

I translated it as "Renseignements" but it could mean something else…

About FAT32 formatting, it's great!
But as you probably know it sill open some cmd with following English text:
QUOTE said:
Warning ALL data on drive 'x' will be lost irretrievably, are you sure (y/n) :
Etc.
It would be better to have all information inside the program, but it's great anyway.

About game information could you remember me how to use it?
It seems that I can't select a game to see its info, I thought I achieved to do this earlier but I can't anymore (note: of course I downloaded wiitb.xml file).

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jabe said:
Hi!

I updated French language file that's why
Alternate languages for version 1.4.0.2 (new link) can be found here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HWJ8WAWS
(all languages are included, other languages than French are untouched)

I still have some question, where is "37=Inquiry" been used?

I translated it as "Renseignements" but it could mean something else…

About FAT32 formatting, it's great!
But as you probably know it sill open some cmd with following English text:
QUOTE said:
Warning ALL data on drive 'x' will be lost irretrievably, are you sure (y/n) :
Etc.
It would be better to have all information inside the program, but it's great anyway.

About game information could you remember me how to use it?
It seems that I can't select a game to see its info, I thought I achieved to do this earlier but I can't anymore (note: of course I downloaded wiitb.xml file).

Thank you for the updated language file
37 is used for certain popups, normally for overwrite questions list blah bla will be overwritten, are you sure? and the title of that window wil be inquiry
fat32 formatting is done through the external program fat32format.exe which I have no control over although the source is available I do not know visual c++
That being said it uses the command line to process the format. I may be able to convert this to VB.net at some point, but when it comes to format routines I want to make sure I dont screw it up

To see the game info, simply doubleclick on one of the items in the game list

Ed

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
pccfatman said:
Thank you for the updated language fileYou're welcome! Thank you for your program which is much more than a gui.

pccfatman said:
37 is used for certain popups, normally for overwrite questions list blah bla will be overwritten, are you sure? and the title of that window wil be inquiryOk so "Renseignements" is the best translation, as "Enquête" word could mean "investigation" or "survey". Renseignements is better it's closer to "information". So no need to change my translation.

pccfatman said:
fat32 formatting is done through the external program fat32format.exe which I have no control over although the source is available I do not know visual c++
That being said it uses the command line to process the format. I may be able to convert this to VB.net at some point, but when it comes to format routines I want to make sure I dont screw it up
You're right, take you time, screwing it up and formatting an other drive would be a disaster
wacko.gif

QUOTE(pccfatman @ Jan 19 2010, 12:49 AM)
To see the game info, simply doubleclick on one of the items in the game list

Ed
It seems that I had some mouse problem lol.
Game info is still in English in this version, no localization yet but I can wait as it does work with new Configurable USB Loader
wink2.gif

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would seem there are still quite a bit of things that I forgot to add translations for. I will post the necessary translation info when 1.5 is ready for release.

As far as a release tonight, that is not going to happen, the changes I have made to the current version are quite dramatic so they require extensive testing before release, not to mention they are not all done yet
smile.gif

Ed

wiizil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes while transferring a title from wbfs drive to a ntfs drive as a .wbfs file, it gets stuck on "queued" and halts indefinitely, it will not allow me to close the program, it says to wait until the queue has finished processing, requiring the program to be closed from task manager,
if you had button for [cancel] and another for [process queue] and a prompt when closing "do you wish to cancel queue and exit?" it would be handy. also the Open menu it is not very intuitive, It would be more logical if the commands on it were "Select Drive" and "Browse for Folder".
One more minor thing is the lower part of the window (status bar) is covered up by the queue:
1i0s3l.jpg

aside from that it's extremely useful
smile.gif

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiizil said:
Sometimes while transferring a title from wbfs drive to a ntfs drive as a .wbfs file, it gets stuck on "queued" and halts indefinitely, it will not allow me to close the program, it says to wait until the queue has finished processing, requiring the program to be closed from task manager,
if you had button for [cancel] and another for [process queue] and a prompt when closing "do you wish to cancel queue and exit?" it would be handy. also the Open menu it is not very intuitive, It would be more logical if the commands on it were "Select Drive" and "Browse for Folder".
One more minor thing is the lower part of the window (status bar) is covered up by the queue:
1i0s3l.jpg

aside from that it's extremely useful
smile.gif

Hmmmm, I will have to review the queue processing routine and see whats going on.
As far as the bar being covered, I'm not sure why that's happening. I can't replicate the problem. I will research it further. Can you provide a little more info. Does this happen always or just sometimes? Doe it happen on program start? Does it happen when performing a certain function?

Ed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?