Wii Game Manager

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by pccfatman, Dec 27, 2009.

1. wiizil

wiizil Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2010
    United States
    I worked it out, its the screen I'm on, this one is 120DPI, if I change it to lower DPI it doesn't do it,
    it's in display settings (not font size) but in the monitor controls itself [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bruno_bard

bruno_bard Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2009
    Brazil
    To show my gratitude for this great program that is more than a GUI, like Jabe told above, I did a trasnlation to brazilian portuguese and now I share with you.

Thanks a lot pccfatman [​IMG]

Brazilian Portuguese Translation for 1.4.0.2

3. Admiral_Ackbar6

Admiral_Ackbar6 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2004
    Tokyo, Japan
    Love the program, thanks. Just thought I would request a feature if you are accepting them [​IMG]. It would be great to have ZIP support, so the program can look inside of zip files and then output WBFS scrubbed files from zip files. Thanks!

4. WiiNero

WiiNero Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2010
    Gambia, The
  5. priapism

priapism GBAtemp Fan

May 12, 2008
    United States
    it won't let me open my WBFS partition. i need help.

Edit: nevermind. i had to run the program as admin.

6. dctravis

dctravis Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2010
    United States
    hey man if you need somebody to test let me know. I have all my wii isos on one hard drive and another for wbfs. So Im not worried about the wbfs drive at all. Let me know if there are anyways I can help out.

7. Stigmatic

Stigmatic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2009
    Norway
    the little big city
    I'm not sure if this have been mentioned or is planed, but it would be greeat with a batch folder renamer from old, to cfg51 standard folder names.

And game_id changing. It might be rarely used, but I were looking for it yesterdeay [​IMG]

8. Erikie

Erikie Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2010
    Netherlands
    Found another bug, I am trying to copy a file from WBFS partition to ISO format.
    Does not work. extracting to WBFS file works like a charm

And will it ever be possible to copy games from wbfs partition to another wbfs partition?

Keep up the good work!!

9. pccfatman
    OP

pccfatman GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Ok, so my life has been very busy for the last few days an will probably continue for awhile. I am aware of the iso extract bug and it has been fixed but I cannot release a new version at this time due to the other changes I have made to the program not being ready.

Zip/rar support is something I have explored in the past and it may be implemented at some point.

wbfs_file 2.9 is already incorperated into the new version I am working on.

Rename functionality is being worked on as well.

GameID changing will most likely not happen.

To DcTravis: I'll keep it in mind, im not ready for testing yet.

I think that should answer all of you [​IMG]

Ed

EDIT: I missed one, yes WBFS to WBFS will be available in the next version [​IMG]

10. Erikie

Erikie Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2010
    Netherlands
    Cool looking forward to the latest release then!
    Some things are more important than this, take your time [​IMG]

11. pccfatman
    OP

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    For those of you who are using alternate character sets in your game titles I have added support for the following characters ÇüéâäàåçêëèïîìÄÅÉæÆôöòûùÿÖÜ¢£¥₧ƒáíóúñѪº¿ please let me know if there are any I have missed.

Ed

12. LxTrix

LxTrix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 3, 2009
    United States
    Would it be possible to add the ability to detect which .wbfs files aren't in a folder and have them put into a folder.

13. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    fyi, wii backup manager can already do this... but still great work on this!

14. pccfatman
    OP

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Yep, Ill add it to the list of things to do

Ed

15. pccfatman
    OP

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    OMG I finally found that stupid drive size bug, the WBFS drive size "should" now always display properly [​IMG]

Ed

16. LxTrix

LxTrix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 3, 2009
    United States
    stfu and gtfo

excuse my french

17. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
    He has his own opinion
    You don't have the right to make him shut up [​IMG]

18. pccfatman
    OP

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Sigh, no drama please, both projects have their uses, pick the one you like and use it. I make this program the way I make it, if you like it use it if not find another, i don't care either way. This project is for me, if it benefits someone else the so be it.

I don't mind the plugs for the other program, they give me ideas to add to future versions [​IMG]

Ed

19. redia

redia GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2008
    Swaziland
    wise man.... [​IMG]
    it is so good to read someone reacting like that.

R

20. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    Hey I wasn't bad mouthing this program, this program is great, I even said great work on this project, and I meant it. I was merely pointing out that another application can already do the services in question. Honestly, I broker information (and the occasional opinion), nothing else.

I have nothing but respect for any1 who can make a program like either Wii Backup Manager or Wii Game Manager.

I personally prefer wii backup manager, but a little competition will only motivate both programmers to make their apps that much better (just look at Reggie! vs. Tanooki for example)

Thanks to fig2k4 and pccfatman for all their hard work on wii backup manager and wii game manager respectively

@ pccfatman, you have the right attitude towards all this drama (and to my WBM plugs)... good man!