Do The Lizard Bop
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hungrylizards.net
XP
Country
United States
Shimada revealed that Wii might soon be able to read the news and weather headlines to you, with a new text-to-speech tool currently in the works. The facility could also conceivably be used to read out emails or other personal messages.

In addition, motion recognition could see an upgrade, with a new predictive input tool that uses prior movement to predict your next motion.

Other snippets include a development application called NintendoWare, which emulates Wii hardware on a PC so that developers can sample parts of their games without having to load it to a Wii dev machine.

Meanwhile, Rumorreporter.com claims that Nintendo is readying the announcement of a Wii microphone, and that several voice-based games are already underway. It also claims that a voice-based Wii Channel is planned.

http://wiinintendo.net/2007/03/12/wii-func...-set-to-expand/

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mic games rumoured are Disneys bound to be total crapfest High School Musical and EA's Harry Potter game (something to do with casting spells).

directive0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay this stuff is all fine and good, but if nintendo released a simple channel that played mp3's in a jukebox arrangement I'd be far more interested, or a more robust mail channel, or even something like stocks or an RSS reader. I think nintendo could serve to gain even more market appeal by offering simple utilitarian channels that make the wii more of an internet appliance then it already is.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, but as a bit of note to anyone here avoid rumorreporter, the site is fairly trashy as I know from experience of being aligned with that network at once time. You basically got a few staffers making up stuff from things they heard, or they get others to submit info and they pop it up. They're about as bad as egm's old lame quartermann bit.

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
Great! My Wii tells me: You got mail! Then starts talking loud about next generation p o r n stuff. Great thing Nintendo!
laugh.gif

Oh! new mail! *opens*
Get the extra new boobi expander! Sure to get your girlfriend blah blah...
What are you doing?

Or worse...Ah well
happy.gif

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
a more robust, dedicated voice/IM/mail channel would be great.
i am really hoping for a little mic that snaps into the wand port which would make the wand into a bluetooth voip phone!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...