Hacking Wii Firmware 4.0 Guide.

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hellfire said:
Hellfire said:
So... I have 3.4E, HBC and from noobwarriors, backup suite, backup launcher 0.3g, softchip svnr76, cIOS249-v7_waninkokoFULL-nw7 (which I'm guessing is waninkoko's cIOS mentioned in the first post), cIOS248-v7_WiiPowerFix-nw7, IOS16 and 37, that mean I can update normally and still be able to install wads?
Not that I usually do it, I just use homebrew to launch some wiifriid games via softchip, geexbox and mplayer, but still.
Anyone?
tongue.gif

I have that same setup from noobwarrior except I'm 3.4U, but from what I have read, we should be OK if we upgrade. Maybe noobwarrior himself can confirm?

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country

kabledog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am at firmware 3.3U, could someone tell me everything I would need (Waninkoko firmware updater 4.0, cios36 rev8, etc.) to get this working?

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found that I can't start backups from the wii menu anymore.
As previously noted, the patches for the wii menu nocopy save file don't work. Apparently neither does region free, I couldn't launch a european version of onslaught from the menu on my usa wii. The menu says you can't use this channel (since it's the wrong region and not region patched). When I tried to launch it from the wii homebrew launcher, I got a black screen. When I installed the usa version I found that the wii menu loaded it fine, I guess it left the loaded ios at 60. Maybe nintendo is making some effort to have all games/wiiware/vc use the same ios. I'm a little confused now since I can launch the usa version from the homebrew launcher, so maybe the issue was somewhere else.

Of course this means that the twilight hack might not work since I think it depends on the trucha bug as well. Quickly: now is the time to buy your wiis lol
rolleyes.gif

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have 3.3U.

I'm planning to install Waninko's cIOS,
then do official update,
then follow this step
QUOTE said:
you must find a IOS60 file, patch it with freethebug, and then install it via wad manager. Once you have, use the "MOVE" option on the Wii to move the WAD over to the SD card, launch it, success!

then maybe install some .wad VC games and run them off SD card.

WOULD THIS WORK?

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any "Simple" way to upgrade from 3.2U or 3.3U to 3.4U ? (now that Nintendo have only 4.0U available on the Wii)

Thanks !

Munchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Munchi said:
Sorry this is a noob question.
I'm not to sure as to how to install the waninkoko firmware 4.0 installer its a .DOL file, and i always seem to have issues with those files. I don't think i have the right program installed to install .DOL files. can anyone help me out please?

any help on this issue ?

fvnfish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i formated my wii beacuse someone told me it would reformat it back to 3.3 where it was and so much for that now iam stuck with a 4.0 wii and no homebrew channel oh well guess i better hope they find a way around this so i can get homebrew back :/

funkyfranz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fvnfish said:
so i formated my wii beacuse someone told me it would reformat it back to 3.3 where it was and so much for that now iam stuck with a 4.0 wii and no homebrew channel oh well guess i better hope they find a way around this so i can get homebrew back :/

You sir, are an idiot.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
funkyfranz said:
fvnfish said:

You sir, are an idiot.

LMAO

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Trying to follow the steps in the first post so that I can update to official 4.0 AFTER having installed the Wakinoko cIOS provided by the link, and then installing the fixed IOS60 has been unsuccessful for me.

I'm on 3.3Uv2, I believe, because I cannot seem to be able to install the cIOS using the installer provided in the first link. I keep getting "ERROR ret=2011"

So I looked to this topic over here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945
I couldn't downgrade because the Firmware Downgrader would not run; the Wii would just restart.
So I tried using the "Wii Fix" Guide.

However, in the step where I have to install the cIOS_Fix.wad, I would get the familiar ERROR: "ERROR ret=2011"

This is turning out to be quite a pain.
I just want to be able to play my VC wads from my SD card.
frown.gif

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you using the "Wad Manager v1.2" or v1.3 ?

Or are U using the WAD Manager IOS16 ? (Which I do not believe is what you want to be running in your case.)

I may be wrong, but details, details, details.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been using "cIOS36_rev8-Installer" trying to install "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" I think. Didn't work.

I'm started to wonder if I'm even doing this right.. :/

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jaems said:
I've been using "cIOS36_rev8-Installer" trying to install "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" I think. Didn't work.

I'm started to wonder if I'm even doing this right.. :/

Is this file: "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" on the Root of your SD card when you run the "cIOS36_rev8-Installer" ?

If not, put it there, and give it another whirl.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land