Hacking Wii Firmware 4.0 Guide.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You created a folder in your "Apps" directory for "cIOS36_rev8-Installer" ?

and within that, renamed the .dol file to boot.dol ? Then you run that boot.dol file (everything else is fairly self explanatory after it starts up)

And you have the "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" file on the root of your CD card ?

If this is all the case, I'm not sure.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Kosaic, that's it, and it still won't go. :/
Thanks for you help.

Sorry I don't even know what CustomVM is.

If all else fails, I'm probably just gonna end up updating just so I can use WiiSpeak Channel again and stuff.

By the way, the fact that I installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad and never was able to continue the WiiFix instructions: is that harmful?

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WAIT, Have you run cios_fix.wad by chance? (from within Wad Manager v1.3

I had a flashback and think that will do it. Run that, then try the cIOS36 installer again.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have tried running it in fact, but strangely enough, I was unable to, this being the reason why I could not finish the Wii Fix Guide. The error that would not let me run cios_fix: ERROR ret 2011. :/

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm...

I remember using Custom VM for installing cIOS or a WAD or something. Oh well...

BBking83 said:
DjoeN said:
Zow,

- Used Waninkoko firmware updater 4.0 through HBC

Is that, this: http://www.teknoconsolas.tv/wanin/Firmware-Updater_4.0.zip ?

I was just about to ask what this was cause my Spanish is horibble. Found this after some Googleing http://www.teknoconsolas.es/noticia/wanink...ware-updater-40

Still can't find this IOS60. Can you some how extract it from the Wii to the PC? I know you can't ask for IOS links...

foreveranxman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. I've been looking around for the past 2 days, just reading all the info here, trying to figure out the best way to update my Wii. I keep downloading a bunch of things but then getting confused the more I read... Anyways, I am running on 3.3U, already have HBC installed, and I did a previous IOS update thing so I could access the Shop Channel back in October, but I have no idea what IOS is running on my Wii. How can I find out? I haven't added anything else to my Wii since then. I don't know how I should update. I have no illegal WADs or anything and I don't plan on using the wadinstaller. I just want to be able to transfer to and from the SD cards, and access the Shop channel. How should I update? If I update thru Nintendo, does that mean my Wii will automatically update from now on, or erase channels without telling me? The only channel I have that isn't form Nintendo anyway is the HBC.

Again, sorry if this is annoying, but I'm just having trouble figuring all the details out... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Borgitus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a 3.4E Wii with HBC installed (back when it was at 3.2E), but no cIOS, IOS16 or other stuff. WAD installers did not work on it (ret = -2011)

- Ran the Waninkoko Firmware 4.0 updater
- Nothing works (as expected)
- Installed IOS16 (it let me install it, most likely because Waninkoko's tool does not touch IOS16, thus not installing the Nintendo's stub)
- Ran IOS16 Wad Manager 1.3, installed IOS249
- Ran Custom IOS Installer to install IOS36-64-v1042.wad
- Ran IOS249 Wad Manager (HBC calls it IOS254 Wad Manager), verified that I can install WADs now.
- Loading from SD card did not work
- Ran IOS60 patcher, installed only IOS60, did not touch the Shop/IOS61
- Wad Manager works, loading from SD card works

I've got a chip, so I did not try any sort of softmod loading. Gecko OS works though.

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, but is there any way to retain fake-signed game support through the disc channel instead of using Gecko OS? I'm assuming patching IOS60 only fixes WiiWare/VC games. Please let it be!

Borgitus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any fake-signed games.
Scrubbed games work through the disc channel, but as I've said, I got a modchip, so this may have something to do with it.

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aren't scrubbed games fake-signed?
ohmy.gif

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
The original 'true' scrubbed games weren't fakesigned, that was one of the beauties of it. Later on, Dack added 'Trucha Scrubbing' or something to get sizes even smaller. (I've never actually used/seen a game scrubbed that way. Scene doesn't use it for obvious reasons)

KillerFrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New and totally clean Wii V4.0e and a newbie.

I have been reading many treats the last few days about HBC, Wad, OIS ect.

How do i downgrate top 3.2, 3.3, og 3.4e

I have the original Zelda Twiligt game.
Can i only downgrate, with the Homebrew installed.!
Don´t know how to install Wad, Homebrew ect.

Regards.
Jorn - Denmark.

zadzad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone please confirm that after

- Installed cios36 rev8 through HBC (had a previous version already installed, but to be sure )
- Then used IOS61_60_shop_usingcios249 through HBC
- Installed IOS 60 and IOS61 (Not shop channel)
- Rebooted Wii

will backup games still run from the disc channel with an original wiikey installed

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
KillerFrog said:
New and totally clean Wii V4.0e and a newbie.

I have been reading many treats the last few days about HBC, Wad, OIS ect.

How do i downgrate top 3.2, 3.3, og 3.4e

I have the original Zelda Twiligt game.
Can i only downgrate, with the Homebrew installed.!
Don´t know how to install Wad, Homebrew ect.

Regards.
Jorn - Denmark.

My guess is that you can't do much. To downgrade you need things that we were only able to install under FW3.2X or 3.3X before the october update. I don't know if a brand new Wii has the patched IOS, but I think that nothing can be done...

You see, even though you have TP, the TP hack was disabled in 4.0, therefore you can't install HBC with it. Trucha bug was already fixed before, so you can't install it with the burned ISO... 4.0 does not allow you to install fakesigned WADs if you don't have a custom IOS, so if you can't install WADs, nor the HBC, nor use Trucha Bug...

Sorry. Refer to this page to find some ISO that claims to install HBC on 4.0: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=143281&st=225

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zadzad said:
can anyone please confirm that after

- Installed cios36 rev8 through HBC (had a previous version already installed, but to be sure )
- Then used IOS61_60_shop_usingcios249 through HBC
- Installed IOS 60 and IOS61 (Not shop channel)
- Rebooted Wii

will backup games still run from the disc channel with an original wiikey installed
Yes, you'll be fine.

QUOTE(--JoCa-- @ Mar 27 2009, 01:57 PM) Sorry. Refer to this page to find some ISO that claims to install HBC on 4.0: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=143281&st=225
Unfortunately, this won't help KillerFrog because of the fact they have a clean wii on 4.0. They won't be able to do anything like downgrading until an exploit is found to install HBC and the like. The ISO requires trucha to be intact, which a clean Wii doesn't have.
frown.gif

EDIT: Lmao, I messed up the names. Fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2