Gaming ****Wii Firmware 3.0U****

shane1972

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

Yeah tried to load max drive software and load gcos from memory card but i get an error.
Anyone know where i can get a version of gcos that i can burn to dvd and load it from there?

Cheers Shane

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

fnh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i just updated my wii at first it gave me an error(didn't recognize Mario strikers)
but after i restarted my wii everything worked
smile.gif

also i have a cyclowiz v3.5

BTW i have a problem with Mario strikers (when i add FCs i cant connect to them (i can play ranked matches ) )

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I just heard the Freeloader also doesn't work.

Non-Working (supposedly):

SD Media Launcher
Maxdrive
Action Replay
Freeloader

If anyone wants to check, go ahead.

wow.... does that include the version that is compatible with the Wii or just older versions? what region is their console aswell i wonder? and was their console hard modded or was they just using action replay to do a soft mod?

if this is true i will defintly will not update ever again! and to think i could have just updated and if i didn't see this topic...

QUOTE said:
mebbe thats a good thing. those third parties are gonna get pissed, and nintys might have a backtrack a bit on this whole thing then. possibly

no you nob, it means i can't play my legit USA gamecube games ever again, i paid good money for them too. we need a freeloader especially in europe where we have to wait ages for games to be released here, you don't need to be so big headed about the situation just because you live in the USA and get all the games first
hate2.gif

QUOTE(StacMaster-S @ Aug 7 2007, 02:51 PM)Wow, that sucks that Freeloader has been blocked... so even if I had to pull my modchip out I still wouldn't be able to play all my legit Japanese GC titles on my Wii. :/

you see thats what i mean, this really annoys me now.

Timbaman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Freeloader and action replay still work when loading them with GCOS, it's just a bit more work..

What's strange though, is that these discs don't even seem to be spinning in the Wii. I inserted my original action replay disc, not even a dvd drive noise was made.
blink.gif

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So does the Game Cube Action Replay disc no longer work? I can't seem to find a straight answer and I can't test mine until I get out of work.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Freeloader and action replay still work when loading them with GCOS, it's just a bit more work..

what version of action replay do you have? older version or the compatible with the Wii version? and there is no way i am swapping from gcos, then action replay, then the usa game, and then the game says "a error has occurred please reset the console and refer to the manual" so i have to do the whole dam process again
frown.gif
that's why i am sticking to the old 2.2E update.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When I first logged onto GBATemp today, I saw this article and got a popup from AOL. For the second I actually read it, I read wiikey firmware 3.0
laugh.gif
I'm waiting before I upgrade. Nintendo maybe doing something similar to what microsoft did with the xbox 360. Using the new firmware to see if your playing copies and just collecting information over time.

I bet when europe gets trauma centre after waiting for 9 months, this new update is on the game.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

what version of action replay do you have? older version or the compatible with the Wii version? and there is no way i am swapping from gcos, then action replay, then the usa game, and then the game says "a error has occurred please reset the console and refer to the manual" so i have to do the whole dam process again
frown.gif
GCOS -> USA Game works exactly as it would when you boot with Freeloader, so I don't see the problem...

Timbaman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

frown.gif

Compatible with Wii. I think it was v1.14b, but yeah it sucks that you have to go through all of these things just to play imports.
There is a way to burn a bootdisc with action replay on it, that way you only have to swap discs once like normal.
Also you can boot USA games from GCOS, but maybe the update isn't worth all the work.

shery

Trophies
XP
Country
any legal stand point you have against nintendo went out of the window the minute you went against their terms of agreement for cover.
yes i do agree these are two seperate issues but you have to take the first one into consideration and then my point of if you are using illegal software in these modified devices nintendo has the right not to allow you to run them on their machines.
i don't know the rights of every single country on using pirated software but in general it is recognized that if you have not purchased it you have no rights to this software. the sole reason that the majority of people mod their machines in the first place.
you all now know that if you updated your systems that some of you have prior knowledge that you are putting your system in danger.
some day i will be in the same boats as you but if i take a £200 system and modify it against the wishes of the manufacturer and do so knowing i now have no rights left and am using software i don't have the legal right to and that nintendo may come along and disable the functions of my machine i'll not come on here moaning about it. i would have rolled the dice and took a chance which you all did.
most of you listened to the heresay of other people and i have seen it said enough times that nintendo would never be able to stop the functions of the machines but out of greed (or some other reason) you decided to listen to people who have no knowledge of what nintendo were capable of doing. why do you think people like me hold off modding their wii's in the first place?

I hate to come back to this, but this is wrong. Yes, pirated software is one thing, and if they remove the possibility for people to use it, then that is fine and there are no issues with that.
However once you have purchased a Wii, whether or not you void your warranty by way of opening the system, or even scratching off the serial number, it is not legal for the company to intentionally damaging your system. Modifying the system does not mean you have 'no rights left'.

Think of it like a house, or car, or PC. If you change the wallpaper in your house, or get some fuzzy dice in your car, or change the hard drive in your PC - it doesn't mean that the manufacturer, the retailer, the police or anyone else can just come in and say - sorry you shouldn't have changed that, now we have to destroy it.

What other people have said is correct - they are under no obligation to make software compatible for modchips, but they are also restricted from going out their way to intentionally damaging any Wii hardware or your modchip (illegal or not - it is not up to them to police this).

They can certainly take civil actions through the courts, akin to what the RIAA and MPAA do - but they cannot make software that would cripple your Wii or your modchip intentionally.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Compatible with Wii. I think it was v1.14b, but yeah it sucks that you have to go through all of these things just to play imports.
There is a way to burn a bootdisc with action replay on it, that way you only have to swap discs once like normal.
Also you can boot USA games from GCOS, but maybe the update isn't worth all the work.

version 1.14b is the older version of action replay with the old interface, it looks like this:

actionreplay.jpg

gamecube-actionreplay-freeloader-screen1.jpg

version 1.0E is the "compatible on the Wii" version which is the one i have which looks like this:

41oSE5HgGUL._AA280_.jpg

there is also a very old version 1.06 that i have also and they are all native PAL it would be very interesting which ones don't and do work but i won't be updating to find out unfortunately.

GCOS -> USA Game works exactly as it would when you boot with Freeloader, so I don't see the problem...

i don't like gcos interface, there is no action replay support and gamecube games have to be on a multi disc to work, all my gamecube games are on mini dvd's (excluding the legit games)

D

Deleted User

Im running a Wiikey, updated, and everythings fine.

Hope nothing happens with this firmware in the future...

Maye Nintendo's set a global date where the firmware attacks all Modded Wii's (after people have realised the firmware is fine).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya