Not open for further replies.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@watertails
this seems like a issue with your router make sure all your ports are opened, also make sure the wii has a strong signal.

@airpirate545
i believe so other wise the app has no ios to run off of.

gamer220

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Has anyone figured out why the USB dump doesn't work. I have a Sandisk Micro 4gb. I'll put it in and it will start but it will only last a minute or two. Then this error message comes up that said it could not write data to the device. I formatted the usb flash drive to Fat 32. The wifi works, but it is going way to slow. It will take over 9 hrs. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamer220 said:
Has anyone figured out why the USB dump doesn't work. I have a Sandisk Micro 4gb. I'll put it in and it will start but it will only last a minute or two. Then this error message comes up that said it could not write data to the device. I formatted the usb flash drive to Fat 32. The wifi works, but it is going way to slow. It will take over 9 hrs. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
oh it works you just gotta re insert the usb drive press a and wait twenty years for it to finish dumping, in short it is painfully slow compared to sd and wifi dumping and one of these two are you best bet.

watertails

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've kinda been playing with my router settings and haven't been able to check if a port is open. Does anyone here have any knowledge with a Motorola WR850GP?

superJT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys im having problems when i try and dump over wifi, it says my connection is ok but when i type in the address it gives into my browser and click on the download iso link it just comes up page cannot be displayed, just wanted to no if anyone else has had this prob, dont really wanna use the sd card method cos that seems to take ages.

would appricate any help

many thanks

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Chud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.
I am trying to dump the Zelda game via wifi.

When I try to dump the Zelda game it starts out saying that it will take 2.5 hours to finish. But it only takes like 15 min. and acts like it is finished? So it gives me a 261 MB RZDE.iso????
This can't be right!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

-Chud-

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superJT said:
hi guys im having problems when i try and dump over wifi, it says my connection is ok but when i type in the address it gives into my browser and click on the download iso link it just comes up page cannot be displayed, just wanted to no if anyone else has had this prob, dont really wanna use the sd card method cos that seems to take ages.

would appricate any help

many thanks

Use FireFox or some browser that's not Internet Explorer.

inkbanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I am new here, I installed homebrew the whole works last night, and dvddumper.
When I go to back up ZeldaTP over wifi, I open the firefox page, download takes 3-4 hours, but only gives me an is that is a little over a gig.
What am I doing wrong.

RobbyG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm noticing something different since I upgraded to HBC 1.0.1 with Disc Dumper v1.2 that I wanted to see if everyone else is seeing also.

Normally I insert the disc before running HBC and what I normally do after choosing Network Mode and Single Layer Wii Disc, when it gets to the part that says "Insert Wii Disc" I normally press the "A" button at that point and it proceeds to the "Opening disc" and then "OK". Now for some reason when it says "Insert Wii Disc" nothing happens unless I actually eject and then re-insert the disc. After this everything is fine, but just wondering if everyone else is seeing this also or if something else may have changed on my system. Of course it also works if I just wait to insert the disc at the prompt, but like I mentioned I used to not have to do that. I'm running NTSC 3.3 with the Shop Channel patch.

thefunkman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Better DVD brands are a must!
For those ppl who are skeptical about the quality of the discs you use... dont be!

I burnt 4 copies on my crappy generic dvd-r's all of them failed, went out and bought a 10 pack of verbatim's, worked first try!

So if you having trouble burning, try the good brand media before you post asking why an error occured, ppl say it alot.. listen.

I got my 8gb kingston data traveller working with DVD Dumper:

For those who get an error with no codes, just:
"...ERROR
Restarting..."
B4 it even starts ripping, your doing one simple thing wrong:
You probably have you usb in the back of the wii before you should, this is a comon mistake.

Put your usb in the wii when it ASKS you to, just after saying you want to start the dump.

It'll say something like "Step 1 out of 3: enter usb drive blah blah blah"

Do not, i repeat, DO NOT enter the usb stick b4 you see this on your screen, otherwise "...ERROR"

Need to know what usb stick to buy? Go here:
USB Mass Storage Devices - Wii Compatible

Theres a link there for a tester, you can check if your usb stick will work
wink.gif

BUT! Sure, usb may seem a better option in certain ways, but it is MEGA slooooooow!
The USB option (from what i saw) takes about 15 seconds to get one megabyte, as apposed to network which is about 2-3 seconds per MB.
USB - 15 secs per MB = Roughly 18 hours
LAN - 2-3 secs per MB = Roughly 3 hours
So yer.. not really worth it...

If you get different results, let me know, then tell me how...
tongue.gif

Cant download ISO through internet browser?
One of the most common reasons is your browser, i find IE7 does not work for me, dont post before you try using FIREFOX.
Alot of ppl claim IE7 doesnt work (including myself) so before posting about it, try firefox and if its still not working... then post.

I know these things have been covered before but hopefully ppl can use this as a general referal in future posts if something asked about the above.
I know the above information in a single post would have saved me alot of time a while back.

Peace out

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thefunkman said:
For those ppl who are skeptical about the quality of the discs you use... dont be!

I burnt 4 copies on my crappy generic dvd-r's all of them failed, went out and bought a 10 pack of verbatim's, worked first try!

So if you having trouble burning, try the good brand media before you post asking why an error occured, ppl say it alot.. listen.
this isn't necessarily true i have (considered) crappy media that runs fine on the wii it's a good burner you should make certain you have.
i have some JVC media that my wii likes a lot they have about a 95% quality rating in nero cd/dvd speed.
if you have to look at media in a certain way of rating for quality you really should look at media code(

thefunkman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess it all depends, based on worldwide, poor media can vary on whats available in your country, but these days dvd's are so cheap, buying verbatim dvds (also being worldwide brand) is just easier cause you know they are most likely gonna work, any error you get is very unlikely due to the media.

Id rather narrow down the errors by getting the media brand that is known to work than spend maybe $5 less and not know...

One question, i heard ppl speaking of Taiyo Yuden brand media. Is this particular brand (if genuine) better than verbatim or is it just considered the next best?
A shop near me sells Genuine Taiyo Yuden dvd-r's and im wondering if these would be a better option over the verbatims?

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thefunkman said:
I guess it all depends, based on worldwide, poor media can vary on whats available in your country, but these days dvd's are so cheap, buying verbatim dvds (also being worldwide brand) is just easier cause you know they are most likely gonna work, any error you get is very unlikely due to the media.

Id rather narrow down the errors by getting the media brand that is known to work than spend maybe $5 less and not know...

One question, i heard ppl speaking of Taiyo Yuden brand media. Is this particular brand (if genuine) better than verbatim or is it just considered the next best?
A shop near me sells Genuine Taiyo Yuden dvd-r's and im wondering if these would be a better option over the verbatims?
they're high quality that's for sure, my friend has some and his burns are all excellent.

kytran

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i use memorex dvd-r and no fail yet.... had 1 bad disc.. but back in alpha stages when we had to patch the iso's

now the disc works in gamma
tongue.gif

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Using cIOS249 rev7 I got the wifi dump working, but I get a code dump when I try to dump to SD. I'm trying to dump to my sd card that has all my homebrew channel files on it. Any ideas?

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ga1l0w said:
Using cIOS249 rev7 I got the wifi dump working, but I get a code dump when I try to dump to SD. I'm trying to dump to my sd card that has all my homebrew channel files on it. Any ideas?
I've had this problem for as long as I can remember! I've asked many times but never got an answer. If you get an answer let me know because I really want to figure it out!

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
So I assume this still only backs up to SD card or over wifi ? Not possible to do it over via a USB LAN adaptor ?

Also, the ISO that is dumped is a fully playable ISO that just needs to be burnt with Nero/ImgBurn ?

dMilesFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thefunkman said:

I got my 8gb kingston data traveller working with DVD Dumper:

For those who get an error with no codes, just:
"...ERROR
Restarting..."
B4 it even starts ripping, your doing one simple thing wrong:
You probably have you usb in the back of the wii before you should, this is a comon mistake.

Put your usb in the wii when it ASKS you to, just after saying you want to start the dump.

It'll say something like "Step 1 out of 3: enter usb drive blah blah blah"

Do not, i repeat, DO NOT enter the usb stick b4 you see this on your screen, otherwise "...ERROR"

Need to know what usb stick to buy? Go here:
USB Mass Storage Devices - Wii Compatible

Theres a link there for a tester, you can check if your usb stick will work
wink.gif

BUT! Sure, usb may seem a better option in certain ways, but it is MEGA slooooooow!
The USB option (from what i saw) takes about 15 seconds to get one megabyte, as apposed to network which is about 2-3 seconds per MB.
USB - 15 secs per MB = Roughly 18 hours
LAN - 2-3 secs per MB = Roughly 3 hours
So yer.. not really worth it...

If you get different results, let me know, then tell me how...
tongue.gif

Cant download ISO through internet browser?
One of the most common reasons is your browser, i find IE7 does not work for me, dont post before you try using FIREFOX.
Alot of ppl claim IE7 doesnt work (including myself) so before posting about it, try firefox and if its still not working... then post.

I know these things have been covered before but hopefully ppl can use this as a general referal in future posts if something asked about the above.
I know the above information in a single post would have saved me alot of time a while back.

Peace out

How long it takes to copy the iso to the flash drive!?

Do I need a 4GB or a 8GB flash drive?

How long it takes to copy the iso to a SDHC card?

How do I enable the wii to read/accept SDHC cards? cuz its suppose the wii only accepts SD cards (2GB max).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...