Status
Not open for further replies.

thefunkman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Like i said above, roughly 15-18 hours

Doesnt matter, the FAT32 file system on usb only allows 4gb files max, and since 4gb drives arent really ever 4gb, usualy 3.7gb or 3.8gb, u can either get a 4gb usb and id do it is 2.2gb splits, then only two isos parts, or get an 8gb and do it in 3.8gb, still two but much less the second time. You can do either, but if ur going for the memory option ud be a fool not to rip through SD card, for usb, if ur prepared to wait over 10 hours... go for it.

DVD Dumper v1.2 doesnt support SDHC, only the HBC does, and the same rule that i wrote about above applies, so SDHC arent going to make that much of a diff, just a minute or two saved from transerfering isos to computer, not alot of time saved in the long run.

The wii by default doesnt contain SDHC updates so unless you wanna keep updating with the sysupdates and hope they release them, you alternative is do everything through the HBC as there is SDHC support for it. DVD Dumper v1.2 does not support SDHC tho, im not sure, but itll prob be in the next release if possible.

tpyke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes!!
I got this working!! Dumping Zelda right now at about 550kb. It's been an hour and it's close to half done.

Is there any way to have DVD Dumper show up on the Wii Menu (like the shopping channel) instead of having to go through the SD card?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Is there any way to have DVD Dumper show up on the Wii Menu (like the shopping channel) instead of having to go through the SD card?
go find or make your own channel of it
wink2.gif

tpyke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
go find or make your own channel of it
wink2.gif
Would creating a meta.xml file accomplish this?

unccekim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new with this and i just finished hacking the wii I was wondering how I could dump my games and the games my friends have even though when I put them into my computer they can't be read through image burner? PLZ Help!

tpyke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes! I burnt the Iso and the game plays great. Ha-it payed off to read all 10 pages of this post!!

unccekim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLZ Help

I have downloaded cIOS36_rev7-Installer and IOS36-64-v1042.wad now what is the process for putting it on my sd card and then installing onto my HBC? Someone said I had to rename the installer as boot.dol and save it in the root menu of my SD Card is this true what is the real way of installing all this?

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just have one question though...can you re-dump an iso from a burn or do you still need the original disc to dump?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiiluver135 said:
I just have one question though...can you re-dump an iso from a burn or do you still need the original disc to dump?
You can directly copy a burnt ISO disc to disc - no need to use DVD Dumper

by the way - i made a dvd dumper channel for anyone interested - its on the wadder.net site in my sig.

Gibbo7

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mine starts to download fine at approx 400kb/s. but after about 5-10 minutes it comes up with

''>>ERROR: Could not listen for connections! (ret = -115)

Press any button to restart...''

I'm using my wifi connection with my laptop, after the 2nd error (all the same 115) i plugged in my wired connection to laptop and still the same happened. I'm not downloading anything else or even using my laptop at all and they are the only things connected to the router.

...:S Any help greatly appreciated
smile.gif

Edit: Tried with USB, taking about 25 seconds per mb lol

MistahJelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try naming the .dol or watever format it is "boot.dol" without the quotation marks and then place that in the folder you created in the apps folder.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dvd dumper just copies right cuase i was going to rent games and dump them and i dont want to end up buying them and does it leave any side effects on the original thanks

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
Ichigosj said:
dvd dumper just copies right cuase i was going to rent games and dump them and i dont want to end up buying them and does it leave any side effects on the original thanks
yes m8 just wifi the dump done in 2 1/2 hrs burn test send the disk back original will be fine.....

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
REALDEAL said:
Ichigosj said:
yes m8 just wifi the dump done in 2 1/2 hrs burn test send the disk back original will be fine.....
thanks but will it work if i used an 8gb sd card? probably not though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-