Hacking Wii downgrade from 4.3 to 4.2

hungova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i was goin to soft mod my brother in laws wii but he upgraded to 4.3 before i got there.do i have to use Indian Pwns or is there another way?is an NAND backup specific to each wii or could i use the backup from my wii to downgrade his?or any other method people know of bcos Indiana is getting stupidly expensive now people are getting into modding.

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Indiana or Smash. bannerbomb doesnt work to 4.3
Yeah, Nand is to backuped wii cause u got keys.bin
and DONT downgrade it! stay in 4.3 if u are using it now. 4.3 can run all homebrews and have all advanteges as older 4.1 and 4.2 SM. just new way to disable/remove hacks.

hungova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers.im kinda new to the modding scene.i use modmii wizard to hack and configurable usb loader for games.can i still do it all the same from indiana pwns?its does have a guide and facility from indiana so guess it will work but better to ask.
yaywii.gif

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your backup will NOT work on another wii and WILL cause any other wii to break... This is because every wii has it's individual private key that's used to encrypt the NAND... This is to prevent people from desoldering the NAND and using a physical reader on it... Additionally it prevents you from switching out nands.

It may be possible to decrypt a nand (programs already do this) and then reencrypt it for another wii... but I honestly don't know if there is any other data stored that could cause issues with that.

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
get the saved indiana pwns, load game, move to npc and swtich to run exploit. then follow the modmii guide step by step! dont jump any step.
after complete process you will have cIOS 249, 250, 222, 223 and 224 to load ur games from usb or disc (not disc channel).
enjoy it
wink.gif

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
koji2009 said:
Your backup will NOT work on another wii and WILL cause any other wii to break... This is because every wii has it's individual private key that's used to encrypt the NAND... This is to prevent people from desoldering the NAND and using a physical reader on it... Additionally it prevents you from switching out nands.

It may be possible to decrypt a nand (programs already do this) and then reencrypt it for another wii... but I honestly don't know if there is any other data stored that could cause issues with that.

There is an app designed to convert a NAND from one Wii to another. You do need the keys.bin from both systems though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, wut