Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi all,
i have a weird situation here if i may.

Situation in short:
My wii opens in a black screen. If i press power while keep reset button pressed opens the priiloader ver/ 0.7 (r142) menu.
Could someone give me a heads up how to fix it?

Situation in long:
My wii had power problems sometimes but using tricks i was founding in the internet like to take out the power cord for some minutes/days e.t.c. saved me a couple of times.
But about two years ago my nicely soft modded wii with the awesome xflak tutorial stopped to function due to power problems no matter what i was trying to do to fix it.
So i bought a power adapter from some china store. Worked for a year and then the same problem occurred. No power.
So I bought another power adapter but the problem persisted so i borrowed my brother's in law wii power adapter but in vain. Searching the internet i came to the conclusion that the wifi or the bluetooth chip were broken.
So i let it aside believing that maybe i would buy a replacement and fix it one day since i love it so much...

Afraid to open it and with luck of time due to everyday family and work obligations i start searching for a cheap used wii.
But Brother in law bought a PS5 and gave me his wii.
Just in case i tried once more his power adapter to my old wii and ouala... the wii turned on but in a black screen.
If i press power while keep reset button pressed opens the priiloader ver/ 0.7 (r142) menu.
I have no nand backup since the disk i had the backup failed about a month ago.
So here i come once more to this great community as i did in the past so many times and solved various of my wii problems.
Does any good people out there have a solution to suggest me to try to fix it?

Thank you for your time reading this.

Regards,
Nik.

Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If it's a software issue it should be easy to fix, just reinstall the system menu (using yawm modmii edition so that u can retain priiloader just in case)

But before doing that u should make a new nand backup, just install/launch bootmii and make a nand backup as per usual.

Once armed with a new nand backup, u can create a virgin/working nand backup using ohneschwanzenegger. Restoring this is a riskier solution that reinstalling the system menu, because u would lose priiloader in the process (only not risky if u can install bootmii boot2 on the console)

Ultimately if it's a hardware issue though none of this will make a big difference.

LNLenost

The Console Bricker
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if what xflak said didnt worked, make a nand backup of ur wii (even if it doesnt work) and save it on ur pc, find a random nand backup of someone on the internet, and put it in ur wii. tell me if u can boot up in the menu or not.
if it does it means theres somthing wrong with ur nand, if it doesnt its probably a hardware issue. in both of the cases after u did this restore ur backup u just made.
last time u used ur wii did u install some weird homebrew or channel?
also try mainteance mode. (srry if im not clear its almost midnight for me right now)

theobserver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thank you both for your answers.

Legendary xflak involved in this thread? Now, high hopes i will fix my wii.

I will try the xflak's suggestion which means that first i have to search (because i am not lazy or so i think) how to start/install bootmii to take the backup... i'll let you know.

Thank you much for the heads up.

Regards.
Post automatically merged:

Up to now i cannot find a way to start bootmii.
System starts at a black screen or if i keep pressing reset and one time the power button starts at Priiloader but i do not have a way to control the Priiloader menu since the wiimotes seem out of sync.
From what i read i could do it with a gamecube controller but my wii does not have , i guess us the family wii version neither i have a gamecube controller.
Somewhere i read that i could use a usb keyboard which it did not work.

Oh yeah, i finally managed to find a way to start bootmii at this short and comprehensive XFlak's answer-post (as ususal).
Right now a nand backup is running and i start searching about how to reinstall the system menu using yawm modmii edition as instructed.

Any suggestion would ne wellcome.

Last edited by theobserver,
Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Does this mean with the bootmii files on sd, bootmii launched itself at startup? In other words, can you confirm if u have bootmii installed as boot2?

If so, and if u are still unable to control apps due to lack of synced wiimote, I would just proceed with the ohneschwanzenegger route (download it from Modmii's download page 2, and read through the including read me which I improved a bit in my download link). With bootmii boot2 and a current nand backup u can always easily revert to your current position should somehow things get worse

theobserver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Does this mean with the bootmii files on sd, bootmii launched itself at startup? In other words, can you confirm if u have bootmii installed as boot2?

If so, and if u are still unable to control apps due to lack of synced wiimote, I would just proceed with the ohneschwanzenegger route (download it from Modmii's download page 2, and read through the including read me which I improved a bit in my download link). With bootmii boot2 and a current nand backup u can always easily revert to your current position should somehow things get worse

I don't know if i have bootmii installed as boot2.
I only know that, as soon as i put the bootmii files on a clean sd and used the key pressing e.t.c. trick, bootmii started. So i took a nand backup. Does this mean i have bootmii installed as boot2?

At the moment i will try find, read and try to figure out and execute the ohneschwanzenegger route you mention.

Thank you for your time trying to help me.
I will post any possible progress...

Regards,
Nik.

First problem (a noob problem) i cannot locate the modmii download page 2 and this ohneschwanzenegger route :(
The only related things i find is this which has not much to offer and this but it is under the Nintendo DS forums section. Should i proceed with the latter?

theobserver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ohhhh, i see...
(forget key pressing trick , my fault)

Everywhere it is posted that ohneschwanzenegger should not be used by noobs.
This was rather disheartening since i am a hardcoded noob :) but i decided to go on.
I used this tutorial
Now , as the tutorial says at 7:08, i waited 15 minutes but the black screen is still there.
It seems that i didn't manage to fix my wii or i did something error during the procedure which i doubt since the video is very easy to follow.

Any other suggestions i would love to hear.

Regards,
Nik.

Assuming that i did everything all right the wii is now virginized. Yet the black screen persists.
So from what i have read around in the net these days i come to the conclusion that it is a hardware problem.
Since i have 2 wii now (the 2nd from brother in law) i have these options in random order:

A. Wait if someone write me here another suggestion to try.
(Medium possibility to do as i already tried ohneschwanzenegger route which seems one of the most vigilant -if not the most- for a noob approach, but you never know what a veteran could suggest...)

B. Open the working wii and get Wi-Fi and Bluetooth chips and install them to my faulty wii and see if it will work.
(Low possibility to do as i lack the time and knowledge not to mention there is a chance i will break the working wii)

C. Buy Wi-Fi and Bluetooth chips from internet and install them to the faulty wii.
(Low possibility to do for the reasons of B. except the last one)

D. Throw away the faulty wii since i have another working wii.
(Medium possibility to do . I would love to fix my oldy wii thought.)

E. Restore my Nand Backup and see if i can sync a wiimote (which already tried in vain) and with the help of the priiloader do something.
(Low possibility to do except if i buy a gamecube controller which does not guarantee success as the problem seems to be a wi-fi and/or bluetooth problem.)

F. Restore my original Nand backup and try all over again in case i have done something not correctly with ohneschwanzenegger tutorial.
(Low possibility to do as the tutorial was so easy that i do not believe i did a mistake.)

At the moment i will go with A for some time and see if something comes up.

Regards,
Nik.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo