Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

Coogjen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RAN168, my Wii is 100% playable. I didn't have to downgrade because I have 3.3v1, and only 3.3v2 and up must downgrade to use the loaders. I read somewhere that the way you can tell what version of 3.3 is you have is to install the HBC and TH. If that installs, then you have 3.3v1. But...if you want to install Starfall, then you must downgrade to 3.2. I'm wondering if there is a risk of my loader not working after I downgrade? I would hate to break someting thats not broken. DJTAZ?

ran168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coogjen said:
RAN168, my Wii is 100% playable. I didn't have to downgrade because I have 3.3v1, and only 3.3v2 and up must downgrade to use the loaders. I read somewhere that the way you can tell what version of 3.3 is you have is to install the HBC and TH. If that installs, then you have 3.3v1. But...if you want to install Starfall, then you must downgrade to 3.2. I'm wondering if there is a risk of my loader not working after I downgrade? I would hate to break someting thats not broken. DJTAZ?
I have 3.3U. Is it = 3.3v1? or 3.3v2? I am able to install HBC and some are working (e.g DVD dupper) but I can not get it playable!

pittrevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*EDIT

WHOA! After trying and retrying countless times, somewhere in the mess of wads and dols sent to me by helpful chaps on this board I succeeded! Booted Wii Music successfully from a backup disc! Thanks a mil, guys especially djtaz!

ran168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help!

After many times in the blank screen with disks burned, I take it risk to re-install everything from the beeginning with this tutorial, but fail! (I have impressed from this board it is very straight forward?!)

I have two critical steps showined error but I can not resolve:
(1) Downgradeing, step 10 load A. Custom WM -cios_fix.wad
While installing, Error ret -1035. Repeating this show the same error. (I don't understand too while we need to Load A - since in step 9: 6. wand manager we also can see and install cios_fix.wad there, why need to exit the 6. then going to A??)

I keep continue to downgrade 3.3U to 3.2U.

(2) In stage 2 step 1 - I got the error in cIOS Installer:
Add_content_start_ [000000010000fg failed -1017

This error repeat again when I reinstal the cIOS installer.

What should I need to do? How can I get back to the original (clean as shppied) so I start over?

Thank you for your help!!

allterran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can get most games to work with backup loader gamma, but two of them (Super paper mario, and Auper mario galaxy, the compatability list says theyshould work but they don't. I tried earching for "Waninkokos ISO patcher v1.1" but I could not find it. Does anyone konw where I can find it. Thanks much.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ran168 said:
Nothing happen.
I put amn original game in to Wii, then in backup launcher, press Start then "1" to get to the configration, then press "B' to load to redboot hooter, hte screen return to the begining of the Wii screen (the game icon in the disk channel). Then I reject the orginal game and put the backup game in Wii, wait for 10 second but nothing happen.

I re-back up disk with differnet burnner and disk but nothing help.

Is it neccessary to be downgrade t0 3.2U (3.3U neans 3.3v1 or 3.3v2 plus..?)

Do yo need to downgaede to 3.2 to make your Wii palyable?

You dont need to downgrade to play. I think at this stage the problem is either your ISO file (the game image) or the discs you are using to be honest. If your not even seeing the icon on the screen after rebooter then the wii isnt seeing the discs at all - regardless of anything else thats installed.

Get a different game and a different type of disc

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ran168 said:
Please help!

After many times in the blank screen with disks burned, I take it risk to re-install everything from the beeginning with this tutorial, but fail! (I have impressed from this board it is very straight forward?!)

While installing, Error ret -1035. Repeating this show the same error. (I don't understand too while we need to Load A - since in step 9: 6. wand manager we also can see and install cios_fix.wad there, why need to exit the 6. then going to A??)

What should I need to do? How can I get back to the original (clean as shppied) so I start over?

Your getting those errors because at some stage you skipped a step when doing an install - now the trucha bug isnt installed properly and its causing issues installing things - your cIOS was never installed properly and this is why you keep having issues.
You HAVE to install cios_fix before you can move on - so this is your issue

Either install it with Wad Manager or with Custom Wad Manager but you have to get it installed some say - if it doesnt install , go back two or 3 steps and make sure you do them all and they install

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
allterran said:
I can get most games to work with backup loader gamma, but two of them (Super paper mario, and Auper mario galaxy, the compatability list says theyshould work but they don't. I tried earching for "Waninkokos ISO patcher v1.1" but I could not find it. Does anyone konw where I can find it. Thanks much.
You can find it on http://wii.waninkoko.info if you think it will work , i dont think it will though.

Your definately using the gamma loader ? and what rev of the cIOS have you installed ?
Have you tried updating the cios to rev 7 or just doing a re-install just to be sure ?

The files are in my zip if you want to try - just go to homebrew channel and install

1. Cios
and then
6.wad manager and a new channel with the 002 fix (wiisih.wad)

... see if them 2 steps make any changes first before patching things.

ran168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
ran168 said:
Please help!

Your getting those errors because at some stage you skipped a step when doing an install - now the trucha bug isnt installed properly and its causing issues installing things - your cIOS was never installed properly and this is why you keep having issues.
You HAVE to install cios_fix before you can move on - so this is your issue

Either install it with Wad Manager or with Custom Wad Manager but you have to get it installed some say - if it doesnt install , go back two or 3 steps and make sure you do them all and they install

I try to install cios_fix either in Wad Manager or Custom Wad Manager, but it can not get it through. Do you have anyway to uninstall them completely and start over?

You mentioned that I may skip steps while in installing, buy you mentioned that I don't need to "downgrade" but it sill need the cios_fix. The cios_fix step is part of your "downgrade" steps before going to thestage 1, 2 and 3. What will be the options or essential steps I need to install in "downgrade" step when I am in 3.3U (but now donwgraded to 3.2U)

I may need to clean uninstall then re-install it. What do you suggest? Do you have a well-done tutorial for this part? It seems people here are eager to know about too.

Thank you.

GizmoGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob here...

Got a Wiinja installed in my Wii the same time that Paper Mario Wii (April 07?) came out. That worked well but then titles started piling up that would not play (Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros). Eventually I "softmodded" the same Wii using the TP Hack (maybe 6-7 months ago). My question - whats the latest way to get those issue titles (Galaxy and Bros) to work on my Wii? Does my modchip even matter now or is everything done through softmodding?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ran168 said:
I try to install cios_fix either in Wad Manager or Custom Wad Manager, but it can not get it through. Do you have anyway to uninstall them completely and start over?

You mentioned that I may skip steps while in installing, buy you mentioned that I don't need to "downgrade" but it sill need the cios_fix. The cios_fix step is part of your "downgrade" steps before going to thestage 1, 2 and 3. What will be the options or essential steps I need to install in "downgrade" step when I am in 3.3U (but now donwgraded to 3.2U)

I may need to clean uninstall then re-install it. What do you suggest? Do you have a well-done tutorial for this part? It seems people here are eager to know about too.

Thank you.

You dont need to uninstall anything to start over - start from step 1 of the downgrade , but skip step 12 .. that should fix it for you.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GizmoGC said:
Noob here...

Got a Wiinja installed in my Wii the same time that Paper Mario Wii (April 07?) came out. That worked well but then titles started piling up that would not play (Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros). Eventually I "softmodded" the same Wii using the TP Hack (maybe 6-7 months ago). My question - whats the latest way to get those issue titles (Galaxy and Bros) to work on my Wii? Does my modchip even matter now or is everything done through softmodding?

Softmodding does pretty much every game now. To updated to the latest version (its only out since sept 21st - so if you have that version its not great) ... anyway - download the zip file in my sig , and skip the zelda hack - do the rest .. you may need to uninstall dvdx so keep the files on your SD card in case you need them again after- usually it just works , but sometimes you run into issues.

Coogjen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Coogjen said:
Big thanks to DJTAZ for the files and "how to" section as I (total newbie) can now play backup's. My question is will Starfall load on 3.3 v1. If I need to downgrade, do I use the cIOS Downgrader or the IOS Downgrader. Just a bit nervous about messing with the firmware since I got the loader up and going, but the benefits of Starfall may be worth it. Thanks again.
Only version 3.2 for starfall.
You use BOTH cIOS and IOS downgrader - theres a guide on that at the start ... one installs the trucha bug (*step 11) the other actually downgrades your firmware.

When I tried the IOS downgrader I got ERROR! ret = (-116)

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Coogjen said:
djtaz said:
Coogjen said:
Big thanks to DJTAZ for the files and "how to" section as I (total newbie) can now play backup's. My question is will Starfall load on 3.3 v1. If I need to downgrade, do I use the cIOS Downgrader or the IOS Downgrader. Just a bit nervous about messing with the firmware since I got the loader up and going, but the benefits of Starfall may be worth it. Thanks again.
You use BOTH cIOS and IOS downgrader - theres a guide on that at the start ... one installs the trucha bug (*step 11) the other actually downgrades your firmware.

did cios_fix install correctly ?

Coogjen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Coogjen said:
djtaz said:
Coogjen said:

did cios_fix install correctly ?

Do you mean the cIOS downgrade? If thats what you mean, I didn't try it because I thought the IOS downgrage was to be done first.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Coogjen said:
Do you mean the cIOS downgrade? If thats what you mean, I didn't try it because I thought the IOS downgrage was to be done first.

(Wii version 3.3v1 can skip step 1. If your unsure , give steps 2,3 and 4 a go first and if the data fails to copy try step 1)
1. If your on version 3.3v2 or 3.4 go into the SD Card and into folder Private/wii/ and rename title to title3.2 and rename the title3.4 to title. (This is so you can use the modified zelda hack to get your wii downgraded). You must run Zelda right after you copy the hack over or the system menu will delete it and you will have to copy it over again.
2. Start up the Wii with legends of Zelda and save a game.
3. Quit the game and go to Wii Menu - Wii OPtions - Data Management - Save Data - Wii and delete the Zelda Saved File.
4. Click the SD card tab at the top (making sure the SD card is now in the wii and select the EUR file (for Europe) or US (for US) and when asked to copy to the wii system memory select Yes
5. Go back to the zelda game and start it - and select the saved game Twilight Hack.
6. Talk to the man by pressing A - and wait for an install screen
7. Click Accept (1 button) to all of the menus
8. Upon returning to the Wii menu , you will have Homebrew Installed (do not power down the wii if at all possible)
9. Load 6. Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
10. Load A. Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad
11. Load B. IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete.
12. Load C. cIOS Downgrader in Homebrew channel MAKING SURE you PICK YOUR CORRECT REGION
3.2U = USA/Canada, 3.2E = Europe, 3.2J = Japan ... you should then be on version 3.2 once completed

jnk2469

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using Wiigator's Backup loader 0.3 gamma w/ 002 fix to load my backups. I am running cIOS249, r6 as r7 gives me a -0001 error. I have an NTSC Wii, 3.2U. I've obviously run the twilight hack and installed the homebrew channel. I DO NOT have regionfrii, brick blocker, or any of those other things installed.

Question #1

Mortal Kombat Armageddon (NTSC), Brunswick Pro Bowling (PAL), and Madden NFL '09 All-Play (PAL) start to load for me, but only to the initial white screen where it tells to to make sure you have the cover on the remote and that you have enough room around you......

Then, the screen goes black and my wiimote turns off.

The PAL games I have set to Force NTSC.

I've burned and played over 40 iso's successfully. These three games (downloaded from several different sources, several different times) are the only ones I have had issues with, other than with Need For Speed Undercover.

I burn at 4x (and have tried slower on these three games) using ImageBurner, and only on DVD-R's.

What could be the reason for this? All three games do the same thing.

Could someone please help me figure out what the heck the problem is? And if this is something to do with the rebooter options, please explain what exactly I do, as I have never had to do anything with that.

Question #2

As mentioned above, I also have an issue with Need for Speed Undercover. I have the new "fixed" backup loader, but I'm curious as the game still won't load, and no, it doesn't say error 002.... It just loads past the backup loader, and then I get nothing. The game is NTSC. Do I need a new cIOS? As mentioned above, I have IOS249. I would assume that if there is a new cIOS to work with v 0.3, I would have heard of it, but I haven't. I'm just checking. Any ideas?

Questions #3 & #4

Now I KNOW these are quick noob questions. I've pretty much scanned the noob stickies, and haven't found answers though.

How do I make the backup loader v 0.3 a channel, so I can free up my SD Card?

How do I get DVD's to play on the Wii? I've installed DVDx, but it doesn't load the dvd. NO dvd's will load in the disk channel. Just kinda stumped there.

Does anyone else have an issue with James Bond Quantum of Solace being, for lack of a better word, skippy? The sound and video kind of stutter somewhat. Sounds more than video. It's an NTSC game.

I would really appreciate any answers for this. Thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, the tv stick has a built in emulator with some weird config im not gonna...