PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
forget homebrew channel for now

You have a back channel on your dekstop (zelda or wiiish) - original discs can be run from that - and from the normal disc channel.
They should work on both.

Backup discs can be run from the backup loader zelda/wiiwsh channel on your wii menu , or the hombrew channel dol .

for a disc issue , load an original disc from the disc channel to prove it works - then load from backup channel on the wii menu (NOT homebrew) and see if it works there

homebrew needs the SD card - FORGET HOMEBREW ... your confusing yourself ... use the ZELDA/WIIISH backup loader channel.

pxkxb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DJTAZ. I need your help. I am a newbie. I've had my Wii for more than a year now. Just recently I heard about being able to play backup games. I have successfully installed the homebrew and backup loader (followed all instructions step by step from the first post). However, I have had no luck in playing backed up games. When I try to play a game from the backup Launcher, nothing comes on the screen. All I can hear is the disc trying to spin. Here is what I have tried already:

-tried backing up iso with nero, imgburn at all possible speeds (now i have like 10 coasters i think)
-i have tried TDK dvd-r, SONY dvd+r (changed booktype to dvd-rom for that one), Verbatim dvd-r

And still no luck. The same result with all the discs i have burned. Please help.

P.S. The only thing is that i did a Wii system update like a few days ago. But I ran the homebrew package after that (I was successfully able to change firmware to 3.2 US).

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you may have a problem with your DVD burner or with the ISO your using.

Can you play an original disc using the backup loader ?

pxkxb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried it! And my original games do work with the backup loader (through homebrew or the channel itself). What could it be? I'm totally confused. So does that mean that the backup loader is working fine? Could I have done 'irreversable' damage by doing that wii update before I modded my wii?

Posts merged

i've also tried 2 different ISOs

pxkxb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've also made sure that ive applied the brickblocker and IOS patches to the ISOs i'm burning. Please help. Thanks in advance.

pxkxb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't believe it could be the lens because my original games work.

Another thing I just tried is burning from a different burner (my laptop). The same result. The disc keeps spinning and halting but nothing comes on the screen. One thing I did catch is I believe 'disc read error' flashed on the screen for a split second, and then the wii continues to spin and halt with nothing on the screen.

How could this be though? I've tried 3 types of discs, 2 types of burners, and both imgburn and nero at different speeds.

I think i'm about to start a business selling coasters (or possible coasters)

Please help. Many Thanks.

pxkxb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another update!!!!

My friend just tried some of the discs I burned (on his Wii), and they work!!

I guess the troubleshooting process has narrowed the problem down to my Wii. What could it be?

pxkxb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One more update: I re-installed the backup launcher. this time the zelda one, and now i can clearly see the error message.

the error message says "dvd read error 349"

has anyone seen this. please help. thank you

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pxkxb said:
One more update: I re-installed the backup launcher. this time the zelda one, and now i can clearly see the error message.

the error message says "dvd read error 349"

has anyone seen this. please help. thank you

what files did you use to install the backup loader ?
Its quite hard with most guides to do any real damage to be honest , i just need to know what guide you used and what steps you followed.

also , is your friends wii chipped or modded ? and what files were used ?

updating doesnt really do much any more , just makes it more difficult for you to install more

pxkxb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i used the guide in your signature 'how to gamma'. my friend used the same guide.

i'm reading up on the web about this error and its something about the cios?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ALL......and really really really.....ALL the .dol files, need to be renamed to boot.dol and placed on his own folder, inside the "apps" folder on the root of the SD card:

SD:/apps/demulator/boot.dol

then you put the SD in the Wii and go to HBC to load that same app, ok..??

ran168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
forget homebrew channel for now

You have a back channel on your dekstop (zelda or wiiish) - original discs can be run from that - and from the normal disc channel.
They should work on both.

Backup discs can be run from the backup loader zelda/wiiwsh channel on your wii menu , or the hombrew channel dol .

for a disc issue , load an original disc from the disc channel to prove it works - then load from backup channel on the wii menu (NOT homebrew) and see if it works there

homebrew needs the SD card - FORGET HOMEBREW ... your confusing yourself ... use the ZELDA/WIIISH backup loader channel.
I have tried both original and the backup disk in the backup channel. the orginal game can be launched but the backup game turns to blank. Here is what I found:

(1) In the original disk, after "start +1" in hte configuraiton, I can see "the banner of "Wii backup launcher", then laucher the game;configuraiton; reboot option, about; exit and 'B' launch redbooter, the last line in the screen is: Backup launcher 0.3, gamma ios249.

(2) with the backup game in backup channel, after "start and 1", I can not see the banner "Wii backup launcher", nor the the last line "backup launcher 0.3. gammer ios249., though I can see: launch game; configuration...exit". Why??

I recalled I install both ZELDA/WIIISH backup loader channel (the wad files) following your instruction, why do I only see the "wii backup laucher" but not the ZELDA channel??

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ran168 said:
(1) In the original disk, after "start +1" in hte configuraiton, I can see "the banner of "Wii backup launcher", then laucher the game;configuraiton; reboot option, about; exit and 'B' launch redbooter, the last line in the screen is: Backup launcher 0.3, gamma ios249.

(2) with the backup game in backup channel, after "start and 1", I can not see the banner "Wii backup launcher", nor the the last line "backup launcher 0.3. gammer ios249., though I can see: launch game; configuration...exit". Why??

I recalled I install both ZELDA/WIIISH backup loader channel (the wad files) following your instruction, why do I only see the "wii backup laucher" but not the ZELDA channel??

Sounds like its the discs are your problem - the wii cant read them.Its generally either a badly installed cIOS or discs/iso issue and for some reason if its a cIOS problem no one ever wants to re-install it ... i never know why. I think yours is a disc or iso issue at this stage.
Put in an original disc and press 1 - then press B and load up the disc channel - then remove the game and put the copy in and wait 10 seconds ... let me know if you see the icon on the screen in the disc channel itself.

Zelda and WiiIsh channels have the same ticket name so they oevrwrite each other. When you say you follow my guide exactly , you may want to re-read some parts of it :

4. Select number 6 - WAD manager and install Wiiish-BKUP.wad channel or Backup_Loader_ZELDA-BKUP.wad (press 1 for menu) { if you need more check out the link below }

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pxkxb said:
someone is recommending this fix:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=114723

is it worth a try?

You dont usually need to uninstall a cios ever, but if its giving trouble , open any title deleter in the homebrew channel and remove ios249 AND ONLY IOS249 ... removing anything else will brick your wii !!! (well not everything , but im being cautious)

Tigertailz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz I did all of the things in the RIISKIMOD v2 guide, my backup of Mario Galaxy boots, but in the intro sequence where Bowser comes on his flying ships the game is slow like hell. Whenever I "play" it works great. I read one of you post's saying "if you notice 3x reading something is wrong with your files" or something like that. I would like to find out if I did something wrong.

For the record I am using Verbatim DVD-R discs.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tigertailz said:
djtaz I did all of the things in the RIISKIMOD v2 guide, my backup of Mario Galaxy boots, but in the intro sequence where Bowser comes on his flying ships the game is slow like hell. Whenever I "play" it works great. I read one of you post's saying "if you notice 3x reading something is wrong with your files" or something like that. I would like to find out if I did something wrong.

Lol your quoting me out of context - i said with the GAMMA loader that if you notice 3x speeds there is something wrong.
I havent installed RiiskiMod and i wont be installing it as the Gamma loader works perfectly for me , so im not really a good person to ask about this one ... i do host the files for clarky as he is a good guy , but i dont know enough about it to support.

Tigertailz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
Tigertailz said:

Lol your quoting me out of context - i said with the GAMMA loader that if you notice 3x speeds there is something wrong.
I havent installed RiiskiMod and i wont be installing it as the Gamma loader works perfectly for me , so im not really a good person to ask about this one ... i do host the files for clarky as he is a good guy , but i dont know enough about it to support.

Sorry didn't mean to offend you or anything, didn't release those to were diffrent. I will try to uninstall the Riiskimod and try your guide instead. Cheers for the quick replay

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: One gram of felony? +1