djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I realise your new to the scene so this may confuse you even more.

There are several versions of IOS249 .. what you need for the best compatability is the rev7 one - its the one in my zip file - usually re-installing 1. cIOS installed from the wad manager overwrites it , but some have said they need to remove ios249 with any title deleter first and re-install it (BE VERY CAREFUL WITH ANY TITLE DELETER AND ONLY DELETE IOS249 )

The loader channel or dol you are using - does it have the 002 fix in it do you know ? Again there are different loaders all based on wiigators original but with extra tweeks added into them for extra game recognition.

Im not sure where you got your files , or when , but try getting the ones in my zip , re-install the cIOS and install the wii-ish wad and see if that helps.

AJV17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently on 3.1E, I've just installed the Homebrew Channel, and now when I try and use Custom IOS Downgrader, it just restarts my Wii. Any ideas?

Edit:
9. Load 6. Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
10. Load A. Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad
11. Load B. IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete.

I've not done those steps, but I read they are not needed to upgrade from 3.1E to 3.2E?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Em - why are you trying to use the custom IOS downgrader ?
Thats not part of any of my instructions except in the downgrade from version 3.3/3.4 ... so basically i havent a clue what your doing or what guide your following.

If your working on your own thing then dont expect my guidance as i wont have done it.

AJV17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I'm not, I want to run the loader and Starfall, that's all. So how would I go about getting to 3.2E from 3.1E, or do I not need to?

Edit:
If I did installed the loader on 3.1E, and then ran the safe 3.3 update, could I install Starfall afterwards?

AJV17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I can just upgrade to 3.4 using the network update option? Even if I have Homebrew Channel on 3.1? I just want to be extra sure as its my Dad's Wii and he won't be happy if I bricked it. Sorry if its causing any hassle.

AJV17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you mate, you're a wonder to the Wii community
smile.gif

dannyboy_676

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi djTaz,

I followed your quide and installed your files. I downgraded to 3.2E and have Starfall installed. By the way, how do I know I've installed Starfall? Can I see that somewhere?
My main question now is: where do I have to start the RiiskiMod? Do I have to start at phase 3?
Best regards,
DC

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah - the instructions say Phase 3 - i havent installed it , but throw Clarky a note on that thread - hes a helpful guy and should sort you out , but please read the guide first a few times and understand it.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didnt install it because i dont trust anything that changes the original Wii system menu (with the exception of cSM when forsaken releases that) as its easy for Nintendo to release an update that can cause these to give trouble on the wii.
Also my wii is chipped so i dont really need it , and i find gamma very good , so i really dont need to mess any more with my wii - it has done what i wanted it to do.

added value is being able to load games from the disc channel itself.

I have hosted a mirror for the lads as i do believe its a good product , i just dont have the need for it personally.

ran168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help for Wii Dumper:

Following hte instruction, I set the network dump in Wii Dumper (with IP) and the Wii send DVD to my PC, but hte file size is much smaller (only have 600 MB) and it completed download and save to my PC. Once complete and chick the open in PC, the Wii display the error mesg "send DVD ISO error = -100157".

Why I have error? Why the ISO file is so small?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ran168 said:
Help for Wii Dumper:

Following hte instruction, I set the network dump in Wii Dumper (with IP) and the Wii send DVD to my PC, but hte file size is much smaller (only have 600 MB) and it completed download and save to my PC. Once complete and chick the open in PC, the Wii display the error mesg "send DVD ISO error = -100157".

Why I have error? Why the ISO file is so small?
The file is timing out before it downloads fully - your either using internet explorer or the router is too far way from the wii - come linksys routers do that .

ran168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After http to the IP the Wii give, the the save file size is already only 395MB "RZDE.iso" there are no total size ~4.7 GB for me to save the file. Am I expect to see the file size bigger than this? I am using IE6 and Linksys router (N). Please help.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stop using IE for one - my guide even says that - use Firefox cause IE gives trouble.

Linksys routers are also known to time out when doing this - that may be another problems and its a linksys issue and not a wii issue.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I remember had read in the official "N" page about the router problems but it was only on 1 specific model, let me check the page and I'll bring the quote...!!!
smile.gif

EDIT: Couldn't find it..
frown.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It was the WRT54G at the time , but the wireless N routers have the same issue (and more) - the fix for the WRT54G is to flash it with another firmware like DDWRT and use that instead. (I have 2 of them)

zicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
It was the WRT54G at the time , but the wireless N routers have the same issue (and more) - the fix for the WRT54G is to flash it with another firmware like DDWRT and use that instead. (I have 2 of them)

Thats interesting as i have a WRT54G and mine timed out. I thought it was because i was downloading loads on my pc and have been meaning to try it again. You explanation sounds more logical though so i will have a look at this other firmware.

@ran168 -> As djtaz said, don't use IE as it has problems downloading any files over 2gb. Firefox is much better

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Theres a few different firmwares for WRT54G - some are really good - but i have only tried the DDWRT and thats cause i wanted to use it as an access point ...erm for some reason or another

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn