PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Super_Roo said:
The error occurs when it goes to the next part where it tries to mount the device. Originally I was using a HDD formatted to FAT32 which I believe was causing the error to start with. I have since changed it with a HDD formatted to NTFS which looks like it goes one step further but it then gives me a list of exceptions and then does nothing.

Am I doing it right?
Dont use the USB HDD , use a blank SD card in the front slot and try that instead.

QUOTE(Super_Roo @ Dec 29 2008, 06:04 AM) Also, I already have CloneDVD. Would it be as simple as putting the Wii disc in the computers DVD drive and doing a clone or should I use something like DVD Decrypter or IMGBurn (which I have also)?
***Edit*** My computer can't recognise a Wii disc so that rules out Clone DVD or DVD Decrypter for ripping it. Could this be a computer issue? If so, is there a way for me to fix it?
There are only a few very specific DVD drives that can recognise an original Wii disc so you may need a new DVD drive to do this. Copying backups already made will work though once you have a backup.

wally7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

This thread is very interesting, but wow 67 pages, this is all new to me so maybe I'll ask a few questions first.

What is the advantages/differences between using these loaders and chip-modding a player?
Do they both play backed up copies?
Do you need to install the homebrew channel before you can use WIIgator?

Thanks for any replys.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wally7 said:
Hi,

This thread is very interesting, but wow 67 pages, this is all new to me so maybe I'll ask a few questions first.

What is the advantages/differences between using these loaders and chip-modding a player?
Do they both play backed up copies?
Do you need to install the homebrew channel before you can use WIIgator?

Thanks for any replys.

You don't need the homebrew channel, but you need to downgrade. Most of your questions are already answered 1000 times, just browse the old topics and you will find your answers.

Super_Roo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
Super_Roo said:
The error occurs when it goes to the next part where it tries to mount the device. Originally I was using a HDD formatted to FAT32 which I believe was causing the error to start with. I have since changed it with a HDD formatted to NTFS which looks like it goes one step further but it then gives me a list of exceptions and then does nothing.

Am I doing it right?
Dont use the USB HDD , use a blank SD card in the front slot and try that instead.

QUOTE(Super_Roo @ Dec 29 2008, 06:04 AM) Also, I already have CloneDVD. Would it be as simple as putting the Wii disc in the computers DVD drive and doing a clone or should I use something like DVD Decrypter or IMGBurn (which I have also)?
***Edit*** My computer can't recognise a Wii disc so that rules out Clone DVD or DVD Decrypter for ripping it. Could this be a computer issue? If so, is there a way for me to fix it?
There are only a few very specific DVD drives that can recognise an original Wii disc so you may need a new DVD drive to do this. Copying backups already made will work though once you have a backup.

So what size SD card should I use?

Is it right that the Wii won't recognise an SDHC? This would limit the size I could use wouldn't it?

Thanks for your help.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Super_Roo said:
So what size SD card should I use?

Is it right that the Wii won't recognise an SDHC? This would limit the size I could use wouldn't it?

Thanks for your help.
Use anything 2 gig or under and above 512 to be safe (though 256 works too)

I think the newest homebrew supposrds SDHC quite well though i havent tested myself so above 2 gig is usable , but im not sure what you would use it for yet.

Snowknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
I think the newest homebrew supposrds SDHC quite well though i havent tested myself so above 2 gig is usable , but im not sure what you would use it for yet.

Some homebrew does support SDHC; think of all the ROMs you could put on a card greater than 2GB in size...

Super_RooAlso, which DVD drive can recognise Wii Discs as it would probably be the best way for me?

There are only a few LG drives--four, to be exact, if I am remembering correctly--that can read Wii discs on a computer. You can find one to purchase, but a backup dumper running on the Wii is certainly the less expensive option.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Super_Roo said:
Also, which DVD drive can recognise Wii Discs as it would probably be the best way for me?

Theres a button with SEARCH on this site at the top - take a look as i dont know the drive model - idont have one and wont be getting one so i have no real interest in it , but i know a few have discussed it - just search for it , its an LG drive anyway.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Snowknight @ Dec 30 2008, 02:07 AM) Some homebrew does support SDHC; think of all the ROMs you could put on a card greater than 2GB in size...
lol couldnt you just get 2 or 3 cards and put roms onto them ?

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have question. Pretty sure it's asked before, but the thread is so big >.<

The new Wiigator's Backup Loader (V0.3 beta)... I can just use it to play games from all regions on my PAL Wii without using some kind of region free program? I read I 1st needed something like Geckos OS or something. Or do I still need to install a different application that allows for games from other regions to be played?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was being stupid. Just found it in the FAQ.

joshftx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked/answered already, but I just need some clarification.

I have Wii Homebrew channel loaded and Gamma loader working flawlessly.
My backups play just fine.

If I now run any of the official Nintendo Updates will Homebrew/Backup Loader stop working?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
joshftx said:
Sorry if this has been asked/answered already, but I just need some clarification.

If I now run any of the official Nintendo Updates will Homebrew/Backup Loader stop working?

yes

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well your using homebrew channel to install wii loader ..... if by tools you mean an SD card , then yes - if your on about software then no as its all different stuff thats contained within homebrew.

joshftx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
joshftx said:

yes

Again, sorry if this has been answered, but:
If I do happen to load the updates, which seem to be required for certain games and features, and my Backup Loader/HomeBrew stops working, is there a way to get them working again, while still enjoying the benefits of the official Nintendo updates.

Thanks in advance.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Someone on another thread has managed to update their wii and the hack still works - i think the issues may be with installing anything else after that - like a new loader if it comes out, but theres a way to downgrade if needs be

what games dont work ?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
happy new year taz,
Thanks for all your hard work on this ludicrously long thread

After reading the whole thing,
Only one truth do I know with absolute certainty:

Boobies are good.

Actually taz is good, too...taz...are you a boobie?

Have a Drink for me everyone, 5 more days vacation

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Happy New year to you as well Noob - and to everyone here on GbAtemp ( you guys are great ) .

As for 5 more days vacation .... im in work today on cover !! Damn this networking game..... also if it makes u happy , yes i am a boobie ... a giant boobie and all for you.

massive_tits.jpg

Ok slightly off topic there - sorry about that. I blame noobwarrior on this ..... back on topic again from now on
biggrin.gif

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have another question (this time one I can't just easily find an answer of):

Which DVD's are the best to use? My Wii is still rather new, it reads normal games just fine. Anyhow, seeing as I probably can't burn Wii-games, my brother burned and brought a few over yesterday (burned on Tayou Yuden DVD's). But all the games get DRE's rarely, or pretty often. Mario Kart worked the best. Sometimes, mostly in menus, it would give a DRE, but I could eject the disc and just put it in again, and it would work fine again. No problems during races whatsoever. Victorious Boxers worked pretty decent, but it gives DRE's more often, and during some parts of the game it ALWAYS gets them and I just can't progress. Resident Evil 4 would continuously get DRE's shortly after starting up a new game, a couple of seconds after you can actually start playing.

Is it just the discs? From what I read, the Tayou Yuden DVD's should work just as well as Verbatim ones (but well, the comments I found were mostly from mod-chip users). Or maybe I missed out on installing a certain program that prevents these kinds of DRE's?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RedHero said:
I have another question (this time one I can't just easily find an answer of):

Which DVD's are the best to use? My Wii is still rather new, it reads normal games just fine. Anyhow, seeing as I probably can't burn Wii-games, my brother burned and brought a few over yesterday (burned on Tayou Yuden DVD's). But all the games get DRE's rarely, or pretty often. Mario Kart worked the best. Sometimes, mostly in menus, it would give a DRE, but I could eject the disc and just put it in again, and it would work fine again. No problems during races whatsoever. Victorious Boxers worked pretty decent, but it gives DRE's more often, and during some parts of the game it ALWAYS gets them and I just can't progress. Resident Evil 4 would continuously get DRE's shortly after starting up a new game, a couple of seconds after you can actually start playing.

Is it just the discs? From what I read, the Tayou Yuden DVD's should work just as well as Verbatim ones (but well, the comments I found were mostly from mod-chip users). Or maybe I missed out on installing a certain program that prevents these kinds of DRE's?

Did you get your DVD-R from a source you can trust? If not it's possible you got some china crap. Update your dvd burner's firmware if possible. At which speed are you burning? If it's 2x or 2.4x, switch to 12x. There are lots of opinions which is the best burning speed, but sure is, if you get problems you need to change it, so why not 12x?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol