PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
severednow said:
Ok so I'm still getting the same error. I've used anytitledeleter to delete ios249. I've tried multiple burn speeds (lost track of which ones I've tried). I've now tried 3 media including verbatim dvd-r. I've used both Nero and imgburn. I've tried 2 different isos (wiimusic and spiderman web of shadows or whatever its called). This is all using the package in djtaz's sig. I'm still getting error 324.

Now what I've noticed is that some of my dvd's show "error no dvd" or something along those lines. All the others give me 324. I also get error 324 if there's no dvd in the drive.

Any ideas?

You said you deleted ios249 - you never said you re-installed the recoded ios249 from my zip file - have you tre-installed ?
I think your skipping steps - it will never work unless you do every step in stage 2 in order using the files in my zip and NO OTHER FILES you have lying around the place - ios249 was re-coded for gamma and people think that leaving the old version on works - it doesnt !

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
waco66 said:
i found it and it wont delete it gives me an error when i try to delete it from anytitle. Any other suggestions, byw i am using the cios installer from your pack thank you

does the cIOS installer from my pack install ok ?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guys - can you all try the installs again from the start and write down what you are doing step by step including where you are getting the files from.

I seriously think a lot are skipping the cIOS install because they have installed it for beta - but its a different cIOS249 so if you have the old one on your SD card you will get this error

also anyone having trouble - can you try cIOS36_rev7-Installer ?

http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/cIOS36_rev7-Installer.dol

put the above into the apps folder in the cIOS249 folder and rename it boot.dol (rename the old boot.dol first)

(Thanks to 4.blaze for that - only spotted after writing this )

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
So far all of my 100+ games work accept for 3 games (Sam and Max, MOH2, and MK Armageddon)

I had a problem with Star Wars Clone Wars... I had been burning at MAX speed for a while...so I retried at 2.4x speed on the clone wars and now it works... So personally, I think that burn problems have to do with alot of people incompatability issues and not the game itself.. To elaborate more on this I have used a friend's older external 4x burner and it wouldn't read the discs at launch... it gave the famous garbled over dvd error message that no one can really read.

I am using an NTSC machine on my own region games and forcing NTSC on PAL games and having no issues. I am currently testing this on 4 seperate Wii's to make sure that they all work. So far no problem. 2 of the Wii's were taken straight out of the box and were purchased recently. And they did not have the update on them... I used the 3.3u work around and it worked like a charm.

I had one Wii so far that I had to use the ios downgrade on and that worked like a charm as well.

So in my opinion, with a little patience and careful reading (read instructions 2x and a third while doing it!) of instructions this should work on any Wii out there.

If anyone needs help. Please feel free to PM me and I will help the best that I can. I am sure that goes for some of the other veterans as well. It saves the chance of someone bitching you out because you asked something in the thread because you missed it because of these lengthy repetitive threads.

severednow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Uninstalled cIOS249
2. Backed up my sd card, reformatted, then put the files from djtaz's signature back on the card.
3. ran cIOS installer from homebrew channel
4. ran update 3.3, said yes to all 3 options (install cIOS, patch sig hash, install channel)
5. tested launcher from hbc, received error 324. tried adjusting settings (setting the language to english instead of console default, vidtv patch on/off, force ntsc on/off, and tried all 3 hook types) still received error.
6. copied cios36_rev7-installer to apps/cios installer folder, backed up boot.dol, renamed cios36_rev7-installer to boot.dol
7. installed cios36_rev7 from network
8. tested launcher from channel, received error 324

also worth noting I have used wad manager to install the launcher from a wad and still received the error. I didn't do it this time as I wanted to keep the system as "clean" as possible so I would have less to have to uninstall.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
djtaz said:
also anyone having trouble - can you try cIOS36_rev7-Installer ?
I had some truble with the cIOS36_rev7-Installer in yor sign. I had no other cIOS on my Wii, so that was the first one. It started to download packages from the internet and after the 6th or 7th pack (I dont remember
frown.gif
) it crashed with a Code Dump error (don't know what it means). I tried it a couple of times but with no success, so I installed the cIOS in wad format (cIOS249-Waninkoko-rev07.wad) and it went ok.
PAL Wii 3.2E btw

4.blaze.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
severednow said:
1. Uninstalled cIOS249
2. Backed up my sd card, reformatted, then put the files from djtaz's signature back on the card.
3. ran cIOS installer from homebrew channel
4. ran update 3.3, said yes to all 3 options (install cIOS, patch sig hash, install channel)
5. tested launcher from hbc, received error 324. tried adjusting settings (setting the language to english instead of console default, vidtv patch on/off, force ntsc on/off, and tried all 3 hook types) still received error.
6. copied cios36_rev7-installer to apps/cios installer folder, backed up boot.dol, renamed cios36_rev7-installer to boot.dol
7. installed cios36_rev7 from network
8. tested launcher from channel, received error 324

also worth noting I have used wad manager to install the launcher from a wad and still received the error. I didn't do it this time as I wanted to keep the system as "clean" as possible so I would have less to have to uninstall.

Which Wii firmware number do you have?

Mike83

Trophies
Website
gardensoccer.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I have no issues to post, but I figured with a thread full of them, a nice post wouldn't be in the wrong. I went from having a normal wii to having a wii with the homebrew channel and a working backup launcher in about an hour yesterday. Everything went smooth
biggrin.gif

4.blaze.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mike83 said:
Hello.

I have no issues to post, but I figured with a thread full of them, a nice post wouldn't be in the wrong. I went from having a normal wii to having a wii with the homebrew channel and a working backup launcher in about an hour yesterday. Everything went smooth
biggrin.gif

And which Wii firmware number do you have?

I've got a response from a guy with 3.3e, he says that with new http://wii.waninkoko.info/ cISO release it works (he used new wad from here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115662), I can test it with 3.3e later at home.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mike83 said:
Hello.

biggrin.gif

lol thank god someone got this working - i was beginning to doubt my zips and how to ... erm you did use my zip didnt you ???

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Excuse me can I ask a noobish question? What difference there is between cIOS249_rev07 and cIOS36_rev7? What is best with 0.3 Gamma?

Oguzinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Waninkoko or Wiigator should do a new cIOS i think
I tried everything too for this " DVD Read Error 324 "
Nothing work...

Mike83

Trophies
Website
gardensoccer.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
djtaz said:
Mike83 said:
Hello.

biggrin.gif

lol thank god someone got this working - i was beginning to doubt my zips and how to ... erm you did use my zip didnt you ???
Ooh no, I don't think I did. Should I? I have WiiBackupv0.3b, is yours newer?

4.blaze.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
4.blaze. said:
I think this question is for this topic.

May be someone can help?

- Have PAL Wii 3.3e (bought 5 days ago).
- No more updates over inet.
- Installed Homebrew channel v9 beta (Zelda Twiilight Hack).
- Installed Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma
- Ran cIOS Installer (IOS249 v7) - no mistakes.
- Downloaded 2 ISO {Wii}Samba de Amigo[PAL,ENG] and Star Wars The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels (seems to be 1:1 while size is 4 Gb)
- Burned "Samba de Amigo" DVD-R on iBase, LG speed 16x. Nero 8.
- Burned "Star Wars The Clone Wars" DVD-R on iBase, LG speed 4x with verification. Nero 8.
- Burned "Star Wars The Clone Wars" DVD-R on iBase, LG speed 1x with verification. Nero 8.
- Ran Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma, with no default config changes, try to run all 3 DVDs: response is Read Error 324 (the same with rebooting, while rebooting image disk was inside of Wii)
- Installed Gecko Os v 1.7b (didn't touch previously installed IOS249 v7)
- Trying to run all 3 DVDs: response No DVD (first running Gecko Os, then putting DVD)

- Native Wii Sport and Wii Fit load via Backup Launcher and via Gecko Os without problems.

What to do?

P.S.: I got response from other forum (but didn't test it yet).
They say
try to install cIOS Installer from http://wii.waninkoko.info/
because, cios from wiigator is cutted down.
so problem can be in not really installed cios (this can be checked by anytitledeleter)
wad version of cios (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115662), installation from wadmanager

so they suggest to reinstall cIOS with this one Custom-IOS36-rev-7

So,

HomeBrew , Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma , cIOS36-rev-7 from 14.11.2008 taken from http://wii.waninkoko.info/ (wad and dol both are working) , DVD-R , Nero 8 writing speed 8x - 16? , 1:1 ISO , Wii 3.3e PAL no mod chip

EVERYTHING WORKS!!!

very important: my burned DVD+R (from example "SAMBA" and "STAR WARS") after installation didn't work - error 324, I have thrown them away,
bought Verbatim DVD-R - and burned same ISOs on them - now it WORKS!

About DVD-R and DVD+R

It's possible also to burn DVD+R using ImgBurn and booktype option set to DVD-ROM
but not all burners support this booktype: reference was found here (thanx to as_sysdba and MinZDraV87)

BIG THANKS TO THE DEVELOPERS AND TO THE SUPPORT TEAM!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mike83 said:
djtaz said:
Mike83 said:
Hello.

biggrin.gif

Ooh no, I don't think I did. Should I? I have WiiBackupv0.3b, is yours newer?

yes gamma is newer - always get the files on the day you try things - i update my files almost every day

Congrats 4.blaze ... i did warn at the very start to ONLY USE DVD-R now didnt i ?
tongue.gif

potbelly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Note to djtaz - thanks a big heap! I posted here couple days ago about launching probs. I took your advice, downgraded to 3.2 and everything went smoothly (well, except for the warning about region not matching which as someone already had discovered, is not a prob - thought I had a brick for a sweaty minute though
ohmy.gif
). I installed backuplauncher 0.3b and the 2 backups I had started up with no problems. Everything is working great on 0.3b. I'm about to give the gamma a try to see how it goes since it seems to be more compatible with a new game I want to try, based on what I read. Thanks for the assistance! I'll post back when I have given it a shot.

waco66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
waco66 said:
i found it and it wont delete it gives me an error when i try to delete it from anytitle. Any other suggestions, byw i am using the cios installer from your pack thank you

no it does not it gives an error

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed there have been workarounds for the twilight hack, homebrew channel and other apps since the october update, can the same be said for these backup loaders?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
waco66 said:
djtaz said:
waco66 said:

no it does not it gives an error

Have you got the 00000001 folder on your SD card ?

QUOTE(Phratt @ Nov 18 2008, 03:46 AM) I've noticed there have been workarounds for the twilight hack, homebrew channel and other apps since the october update, can the same be said for these backup loaders?
I dont really understand the question ... the Oct 23rd stopped homebrew from installing things - once homebrew can install things then you can install the launcher ... thats all it did - the launcher doesnt need a work around, it always wprked if you had it installed , you just couldnt install anything else or the launcher if homebrew didnt allow.

QUOTE(Feanta @ Nov 18 2008, 05:10 AM)
I have PAL Wii console too and download it from http://www.iol.ie/~taz/backuplauncher0.3_gamma.zip . Works this Version on my Wii??
And what it is with the Backup Creator. give it a new version or so?
Yes that will work on a Pal Wii - if you got it a while back re-download as its updated and changed almost daily to have the best features in it.
If you have backup creator then you dont have the file you stated as backup creator was stopped once the 0.3 beta was released - games dont need to be patched any more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po