PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
severednow said:
I haven't been able to get anything to work. I tried the beta and I kept getting the jumbled text error, now with gamma I'm getting "dvd read error 324". Does anyone know what this means or how to fix it? I've tried everything, even different media (Maxell and Memorex). I'm starting to worry its my burner but I even updated its firmware. Any help?

what install guide did you follow for installing the software on the wii ?
can you confirm you followed everything to the letter ? sounds like your cIOS isnt installed proeprly

have you used DVD-R ?

have you tried the latest zip with the gamma loader ?

alphax13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
severednow said:
I haven't been able to get anything to work. I tried the beta and I kept getting the jumbled text error, now with gamma I'm getting "dvd read error 324". Does anyone know what this means or how to fix it? I've tried everything, even different media (Maxell and Memorex). I'm starting to worry its my burner but I even updated its firmware. Any help?

can you confirm you followed everything to the letter ? sounds like your cIOS isnt installed proeprly

have you used DVD-R ?

Usually the jumble text is bad burn, media, or +r.
Im not sure exactly of 324 error but II believe your cios is not installed correctly.

*Edit... I have 69 posts lol.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alphax13 said:
djtaz said:
severednow said:

have you used DVD-R ?

Im not sure exactly of 324 error but II believe your cios is not installed correctly.

never heard of a 324 error either, and congrats on your 69th post(69 is my favorite number
wink.gif
)

@severednow - what speed are you burning at and what burning software are you using?

severednow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't remember which install guides I've used, I've tried a few. The most recent one was the one from djtaz's sig (using that package). Is there anyway to start from scratch then try again? I've never gotten an error while installing the cIOS though I suppose I might have done something wrong. I believe I've followed every step.

All DVD's I've used are DVD-R. The burner is a Optiarc ND-3570A.

zanvetto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello.
Im new to WII and I hope Im not asking a domb question.
My question is: Is Original Zelda the only game I can use to do the BackupLauncher procedure?
Thank you.

paperthin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i get the same error and its either the media or the burner,, im using kinda crappy dvd+r's ima go buy some really good quality dvd's and see if that fixes it,, my burner is a Pioneer DVR-1810 ,,I burned the Dual Layer version of brawl on my friends laptop on a Memorex DL disc and it works fine so i knwo i dont have a bad install

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zanvetto said:
Hello.
Im new to WII and I hope Im not asking a domb question.
My question is: Is Original Zelda the only game I can use to do the BackupLauncher procedure?
Thank you.

Yes Zelda is the only game you can use to get the twilight hack installed for now - and you only need it for about 5 minutes

LondonLiverpoolF

Trophies
XP
Country
alphax13 said:
djtaz said:
severednow said:

have you used DVD-R ?

Since upgrading to gamma I keep getting these as well. However I've noticed that this only happens in the following circumstances.... If I turn the Wii on from Standby (red light) and load the game that is in the drive it works fine. If I then exit that game, eject that disk and and try to load another I get the DVD error (324). If I then power the Wii off (hold power button down for a few secs until the red light again) and then turn back on the game loads fine.

Any ideas?

guyzyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a backup game that i bought from china, I tried to play it, and it wrote error, couldn't reconize dvd.
What do i need to do to fix it.

TooFF

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !

I had the 324 error too, with backups which worked fine with the 0.1...

I think that's because I used the same "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" i used to install the cIOS 5.

In order to make the BLG work, i deleted the IOS249 with anytitle delete and used the (excellent !) package which is in djtaz signature.

Sorry for the approximative english, and i hope this tip could help you

waco66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never mind i found it i guess i had it all along
btw, I am having trouble deleting ios249 with anytitle delete as you say you did can you walk me through this or give me some hints, i cant find it on the list of ios's
I need this because i am getting the disk read error 324 if anyone has any other info i would appriciate it. I am using DVD+R booked to dvd-rom. Should I try a DVD-R before I do anything else? Thanks in advance for anyone's help

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If its not on your list then u prob didnt install it which is why your getting the error - try installing it from my pack - he deleted and re-installed it.

severednow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I'm still getting the same error. I've used anytitledeleter to delete ios249. I've tried multiple burn speeds (lost track of which ones I've tried). I've now tried 3 media including verbatim dvd-r. I've used both Nero and imgburn. I've tried 2 different isos (wiimusic and spiderman web of shadows or whatever its called). This is all using the package in djtaz's sig. I'm still getting error 324.

Now what I've noticed is that some of my dvd's show "error no dvd" or something along those lines. All the others give me 324. I also get error 324 if there's no dvd in the drive.

Any ideas?

waco66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found it and it wont delete it gives me an error when i try to delete it from anytitle. Any other suggestions, byw i am using the cios installer from your pack thank you

waco66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
severednow said:
Ok so I'm still getting the same error. I've used anytitledeleter to delete ios249. I've tried multiple burn speeds (lost track of which ones I've tried). I've now tried 3 media including verbatim dvd-r. I've used both Nero and imgburn. I've tried 2 different isos (wiimusic and spiderman web of shadows or whatever its called). This is all using the package in djtaz's sig. I'm still getting error 324.

Now what I've noticed is that some of my dvd's show "error no dvd" or something along those lines. All the others give me 324. I also get error 324 if there's no dvd in the drive.

Any ideas?

severednow, i have the exact same issues as you are when you find a solution please please let me know either on this thread or my email. Thanks for keeping me in mind

4.blaze.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think this question is for this topic.

May be someone can help?

- Have PAL Wii 3.3e (bought 5 days ago).
- No more updates over inet.
- Installed Homebrew channel v9 beta (Zelda Twiilight Hack).
- Installed Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma
- Ran cIOS Installer (IOS249 v7) - no mistakes.
- Downloaded 2 ISO {Wii}Samba de Amigo[PAL,ENG] and Star Wars The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels (seems to be 1:1 while size is 4 Gb)
- Burned "Samba de Amigo" DVD-R on iBase, LG speed 16x. Nero 8.
- Burned "Star Wars The Clone Wars" DVD-R on iBase, LG speed 4x with verification. Nero 8.
- Burned "Star Wars The Clone Wars" DVD-R on iBase, LG speed 1x with verification. Nero 8.
- Ran Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma, with no default config changes, try to run all 3 DVDs: response is Read Error 324 (the same with rebooting, while rebooting image disk was inside of Wii)
- Installed Gecko Os v 1.7b (didn't touch previously installed IOS249 v7)
- Trying to run all 3 DVDs: response No DVD (first running Gecko Os, then putting DVD)

- Native Wii Sport and Wii Fit load via Backup Launcher and via Gecko Os without problems.

What to do?

P.S.: I got response from other forum (but didn't test it yet).
They say
try to install cIOS Installer from http://wii.waninkoko.info/
because, cios from wiigator is cutted down.
so problem can be in not really installed cios (this can be checked by anytitledeleter)
wad version of cios (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115662), installation from wadmanager

so they suggest to reinstall cIOS with this one Custom-IOS36-rev-7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍