Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

cyclogenisis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ones last question: i burned resident evil 4 Pal wii addition and i have a NTSC - us wii i tried to load by forcing pal 60 and pal 50 and it didnt work any suggestions?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cyclogenisis said:
ones last question: i burned resident evil 4 Pal wii addition and i have a NTSC - us wii i tried to load by forcing pal 60 and pal 50 and it didnt work any suggestions?

Your forcing the game to run on your system - your system is NTSC - so you need to force a pal game to display as an NTSC region so you need to force NTSC for this and not force PAL.
Give that a go id say and it may work... if not check around the threads and see if anyone else had had the same issue ... why didnt u get the NTSC version ... or does that not work ?

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(reposes his question)

Is it possible to downgrade? I'm sending my Wii out tomorrow most likely (haven't yet cause I can't find the stupid packing tape, so I'm gonna grab some from my job)

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pyrofyr said:
(reposes his question)

Is it possible to downgrade? I'm sending my Wii out tomorrow most likely (haven't yet cause I can't find the stupid packing tape, so I'm gonna grab some from my job)

Yes you can downgrade - files are there in the october 23rd fix

eliter1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
what exactly is happening - what errors are you getting ?

I keep getting the DVD Error something error. I have been getting the same error no matter how I install things. I am beginning to think this is error is being caused by my DVDs because I should have gotten this thing to work already. I am using TDK DVDs, anyone else use this brand and get errors?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
eliter1 said:
djtaz said:

I keep getting the DVD Error something error. I have been getting the same error no matter how I install things. I am beginning to think this is error is being caused by my DVDs because I should have gotten this thing to work already. I am using TDK DVDs, anyone else use this brand and get errors?

are you using + or - R discs ? and what program to burn .. what games ?

eliter1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
eliter1 said:
djtaz said:

are you using + or - R discs ? and what program to burn .. what games ?

I tried Super Mario Sluggers, Wii Music and Super Paper Mario all on -R discs, I tried using ImgBurn and Alcochol 120 to burn them. All of the games are NTSC and I currently have the Force_NTSC Channel installed.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm wi music works fine , i have that one NTSC version brickblocked (no request to update)

What installs have you done ?
have you tried re-installing everything ?
Which persons installer did you use ?

eliter1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Hmm wi music works fine , i have that one NTSC version brickblocked (no request to update)

What installs have you done ?
have you tried re-installing everything ?
Which persons installer did you use ?

I have tried pretty much everyone's installer and re-installed CIOS and loaders a lot of times. I was having the same problem with version .1 before but didn't care since I just waited for .3 to come out but I have the same problem. I was going to uninstall the HBC and start from scratch but I don't have TLoZTP with me.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok before we go any further - wait for gamma to come out (48 hours or less) , try that , and if you still have issues we'll try to fix them.

eliter1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
ok before we go any further - wait for gamma to come out (48 hours or less) , try that , and if you still have issues we'll try to fix them.

Ok, sounds good. Thanks for all of the help

iainfm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Just to say I have the same problem as AquaGod - the backup loader loads fine from the homebrew channel, but when I install and run any of the channels the Wii resets.

Thanks!

Iain

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Pyrofyr said:
(reposes his question)

Yes you can downgrade - files are there in the october 23rd fix
Thank you, very much. :]

potbelly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
unsure.gif
Guys, please take it easy on this Wii noob. I don't consider myself a novice at computers or homebrew - I bought my first PC in 1981 while I was a student at university. Hoever, I am completely overwhelmed by the amount of information I'm trying to parse through.

I started trying home brew right AFTER the Oct 23rd update. Talk about dumb bad luck. Anyway, I have been reading multiple threads on multiple sites for literally days. I finally landed on 3.3_Update_Fix_____WITH_______IOS16.zip and got my 3.3U Wii (NTSC, Canada) loading WADs and video DVDs. Simply awesome! However, the backup loader that was on the 3.3_Update sees the DVD (burned from a d/l ISO to DVD-R with Nero) but won't load it. Some sort of disk error that I can't read.

I'm not sure if I have bad burns, bad ISO's or am just plain stupid but do I already have everything I need or do I need to run the "WiiGators Backuplauncher 0.3 Gamma" in djtaz's sig to get the backups to load? I did not downgrade to 3.2 when I ran the 3.3_Update_Fix - was I supposed to? I don't just want to add a bunch of stuff I don't need, and possibly f_ck something else up if my real problem is not the wrong software, just a dumbass or incomplete install of the 3.3_Update.

Any help appreciated, even a pointer to somewhere I can read the answer if it's already out there. By the way, thanks to all you coders who are making this possible. Very, very nice work.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
potbelly said:
unsure.gif
Guys, please take it easy on this Wii noob. I don't consider myself a novice at computers or homebrew - I bought my first PC in 1981 while I was a student at university. Hoever, I am completely overwhelmed by the amount of information I'm trying to parse through.

I started trying home brew right AFTER the Oct 23rd update. Talk about dumb bad luck. Anyway, I have been reading multiple threads on multiple sites for literally days. I finally landed on 3.3_Update_Fix_____WITH_______IOS16.zip and got my 3.3U Wii (NTSC, Canada) loading WADs and video DVDs. Simply awesome! However, the backup loader that was on the 3.3_Update sees the DVD (burned from a d/l ISO to DVD-R with Nero) but won't load it. Some sort of disk error that I can't read.

I'm not sure if I have bad burns, bad ISO's or am just plain stupid but do I already have everything I need or do I need to run the "WiiGators Backuplauncher 0.3 Gamma" in djtaz's sig to get the backups to load? I did not downgrade to 3.2 when I ran the 3.3_Update_Fix - was I supposed to? I don't just want to add a bunch of stuff I don't need, and possibly f_ck something else up if my real problem is not the wrong software, just a dumbass or incomplete install of the 3.3_Update.

Any help appreciated, even a pointer to somewhere I can read the answer if it's already out there. By the way, thanks to all you coders who are making this possible. Very, very nice work.

Probably best to downgrade to 3.2 first and then try installs - to be honest installing most things (once you know where they came from) is safe enough and different IOS's dont conflict
Its best to have as many as u need on the wii and then try things.

Give downgrading a go and then install everything again from the start (bar homebrew)

severednow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been able to get anything to work. I tried the beta and I kept getting the jumbled text error, now with gamma I'm getting "dvd read error 324". Does anyone know what this means or how to fix it? I've tried everything, even different media (Maxell and Memorex). I'm starting to worry its my burner but I even updated its firmware. Any help?

hetster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok quick question..someone brought me a virgin 3.3 console today so i used the old method of
1. installing homebrew channel
2. running wad manager and installed IOS16
3. ran wad manager16 and installed the old retry fix IOS. (i would have installed the gamma directly but couldnt find gamma wad cios installer on the installer dol
4. went to homebrew channel and tried to install cios in djtaz sugnature but came up the install error
5. ignored and installed launcher channel and tested a game and it works..

so 3 questions really.
1 is it ok to ignore the fact it had error and still runs..
2. is there a gamma cios installer wad
3. is there a pack or guide from going straight from virgin 3.3 to new gamma loader

ty for the answer i know djtaz is about to give lol

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hetster said:
so 3 questions really.
1 is it ok to ignore the fact it had error and still runs..
2. is there a gamma cios installer wad
3. is there a pack or guide from going straight from virgin 3.3 to new gamma loader

ty for the answer i know djtaz is about to give lol
1. lol so it seems
2. No you have to use the DOL version - wiigator has a more basic install on my server as well http://www.iol.ie/~taz/backuplauncher0.3_gamma.zip
3. its the read me in the new zip - its in my sig but not all wii's need to be downgraded so im not adding in the oct 23rd fix yet as standard

your welcome
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Totally Nutz :rofl2: +1