PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MrBubbles said:
To the topic creator, from Day 1 you have been feeding people false hope.

QUOTE said:
Q : Super Paper Mario freezes when I talk to the chick at Chapter 2-2. Fix it! (Seraph863)
A : So, don't talk to her. Read the GameFAQ on how to pass the area instead.

You cannot 'bypass' that. The other method was have someone play past that, anyway now with the new update .3 it doesn't crash there. So leave a note for .1 users, update to .3 to get pass that.

I had copied that and most of the rest of the info , from posts on the main topic so as to keep all of the info in one place - i need to update a lot since the release of version 0.3 but i havent been around or had the time.
I have corrected that and thanks for the input.

vic1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I install the ios16 whith the wadmanager 1.3 and then replace the boot.dol for the boot .doll from the wadmanagerios16 but i cannot install the ciosinstaller from backuplauncher 0.3 and a i try to install the cIOS36_rev6 but the same error ocurred, what can i do?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
vic1337 said:
I install the ios16 whith the wadmanager 1.3 and then replace the boot.dol for the boot .doll from the wadmanagerios16 but i cannot install the ciosinstaller from backuplauncher 0.3 and a i try to install the cIOS36_rev6 but the same error ocurred, what can i do?

wrong thread for this - try again here : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112385

Sahduk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres what I did, updatd my wii to 3.3E then downgraded it back to 3.2E then used the cIOS installer after the 15 files had downloaded I kept getting error messages at the bottom. So I check the top of the cIOS installer and told me to uninstall the 236cIOS (i think thats the one) that was already installed so I did.

Nothing happened. So I went to the dvdX installer and tried to reinstall the cIOS236 (I think thats it) then started to get an error message saying error ticket stub error -1.

Now I cant use the 0.1 or 0.3 back loaders
frown.gif

helpe me some one what the hell do I do? I downgraded so shouldnt that of fixed it?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sahduk said:
Heres what I did, updatd my wii to 3.3E then downgraded it back to 3.2E then used the cIOS installer after the 15 files had downloaded I kept getting error messages at the bottom. So I check the top of the cIOS installer and told me to uninstall the 236cIOS (i think thats the one) that was already installed so I did.

Nothing happened. So I went to the dvdX installer and tried to reinstall the cIOS236 (I think thats it) then started to get an error message saying error ticket stub error -1.

Now I cant use the 0.1 or 0.3 back loaders
frown.gif

helpe me some one what the hell do I do? I downgraded so shouldnt that of fixed it?

Why were u installing DVDx ??
Im not really sure what you were doing to be honest as DVDx isnt in the 0.3 files ... you may have missed a step somewhere , but i think your issue is with the downgrader and not the wii loader so please post that in the downgrader thread.

pro_viruz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cybernations.net
XP
Country
1 question to ask, after i installer WiiGators Backuplauncher Beta 0.3, can i still use other loaders like verison 1? coz those loaders uses Cios36-249. i dont think WiiGators Backuplauncher Beta 0.3 uses the same.

crazyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
bin01 said:
djtaz said:
crazyguy said:
Hi guys,

- 85% of patched copies are working (for example Star Wars Force Unleashed 1:1 works but the patched does not)
Ok now im officialy confused
Why does he say the force unleashed 1:1 works while the matrix says it doesnt?

Because for me it works...

What should I do - break the disk so I can say the matrix is right?
wink.gif

Maybe the disc read error comes later in the game... I don't have the time to play through the whole games everytime a new version of the launcher comes out - I always start a new game and see if i can play a few minutes and also I load some random savegames and play there a little bit, but no game gets more than 30 minutes time for testing.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pro_viruz said:
1 question to ask, after i installer WiiGators Backuplauncher Beta 0.3, can i still use other loaders like verison 1? coz those loaders uses Cios36-249. i dont think WiiGators Backuplauncher Beta 0.3 uses the same.

Some people have reported no problems using both - others have had problems using v1 after installing v0.3.
The choice is yours , but i find v3 a lot more stable and better - and online play is great.

pro_viruz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cybernations.net
XP
Country
djtaz said:
pro_viruz said:

Some people have reported no problems using both - others have had problems using v1 after installing v0.3.
The choice is yours , but i find v3 a lot more stable and better - and online play is great.

Yeah i had that problem also. after i install v.3 my other loader wont work,it gave me lots of error. and the saddiest part is all of my games are patched. so they wont load on v.3 and its like i had 50 games now,all patched.

------> so you mean i can install both Cios36-249 and the Cios that came from v.3? so what is the diff between the Cios36-249 and the one that came from v.3?

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pro_viruz said:
djtaz said:
pro_viruz said:

Yeah i had that problem also. after i install v.3 my other loader wont work,it gave me lots of error. and the saddiest part is all of my games are patched. so they wont load on v.3 and its like i had 50 games now,all patched.

------> so you mean i can install both Cios36-249 and the Cios that came from v.3? so what is the diff between the Cios36-249 and the one that came from v.3?

Did you try loading them all?
v.3 should be able to load ~85% of all patched games.

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
crazyguy said:
bin01 said:
djtaz said:
crazyguy said:
Hi guys,

- 85% of patched copies are working (for example Star Wars Force Unleashed 1:1 works but the patched does not)
Ok now im officialy confused
Why does he say the force unleashed 1:1 works while the matrix says it doesnt?

Because for me it works...

What should I do - break the disk so I can say the matrix is right?
wink.gif

Maybe the disc read error comes later in the game... I don't have the time to play through the whole games everytime a new version of the launcher comes out - I always start a new game and see if i can play a few minutes and also I load some random savegames and play there a little bit, but no game gets more than 30 minutes time for testing.
So what must i do in order to play star wars

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bin01 said:

Download the game - or back it up from the original that you have
Burn the ISO to disc using nero
Put it into your wii and play it on backup launcher 0.3

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
bin01 said:

Download the game - or back it up from the original that you have
Burn the ISO to disc using nero
Put it into your wii and play it on backup launcher 0.3
Good but does that means the matrix is wrong? cuz there are like 10 guys saying it gives error message
wacko.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bin01 said:
Good but does that means the matrix is wrong? cuz there are like 10 guys saying it gives error message
wacko.gif

Just looking there and the compatability thread says it gives an error : http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Backup_Launcher_v3
looks like you need to buy a chip for that game at the moment , or wait until the issue is resolved

Send WiiGator a message - ONE message and no more , letting him know everything about your wii and what you see when you load the game

you need region , launchers installed , cios installed , ios versions , game used , patched status , your social security number , game region and anything else you can think of.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi djtaz, well I wanted to ask you, since I bought my wii in the US (so I believe its NTSC) wich wad do I need to install, I ask cuz there are 2 of them that say force ntsc. is it the patch one? Also, this install a channel of the loader instead of hacing to go to homebrew channel every time??

Also, I just go the files in your signature, Do I need to install the new Home Brew channel or with the one before it is ok? Also the files on your zip, do they have the latest CIOS or do I need to download a new one?

Sorry for all the questions but Ill try to do this for the first time and would like for it to work properly, like I did back at when it only was TP hack and HB channel... Thanks in advance!!

Nintendog66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First and foremost I would like to say WIIGATOR THANK YOU!!!!)and Wanin too of course)

Now can anyone help me? My Tales of Symphonia 2 game doesn't work now(Jp version of Disaster never worked for me), It used to work on ver 0.1 but with alot of loading times and it worked PERFECTLY for the first 5 or so times on the 0.3 version then it stopped working altogether after a few playthroughs.

When 0.3 version came out I tried my old patched ToS game and it worked fine, I then burned a non-patched iso of Tos again to see if the game ran better(some almost unnoticeable music skips) and it worked better for the first 10 times then now everytime I try to load the game it goes past the safety screen(sometimes it doesn't) and then some weird letters show up(not japanese) with exclamation marks... It won't go past that. I tried re-burning again the game twice, patched and non-patched and still nothing... All my other backups work perfectly(Dragon Quest, Paper Mario, Guitar Hero) but my Wii just refuses to read japanese games now...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sentinel5000 said:
Hi djtaz, well I wanted to ask you, since I bought my wii in the US (so I believe its NTSC) wich wad do I need to install, I ask cuz there are 2 of them that say force ntsc. is it the patch one? Also, this install a channel of the loader instead of hacing to go to homebrew channel every time??

Also, I just go the files in your signature, Do I need to install the new Home Brew channel or with the one before it is ok? Also the files on your zip, do they have the latest CIOS or do I need to download a new one?

Sorry for all the questions but Ill try to do this for the first time and would like for it to work properly, like I did back at when it only was TP hack and HB channel... Thanks in advance!!
There is a how to in the zip file that tells you what to do. I didnt update the homebrew channel yet , but i may soon, the one on there is the older one.
Your wii is indeed NTSC and you can use any installer but the force NTSC one would be easiest for you to use.
The zip has all the files you need to get this working.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Well thanks for the quick response, I did have a look at the how to but I wanted to make sure, anyways ill try this, thanks again!

keter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
djtaz said:
Q : I have heard talk about a Cios_fix - what is it ?
A : Its a modification to Wanikokos Cios file that lets you play more of the backed up games. It works with both Waninkokos loader and wiigators loader , but with wiigators you need to change the type from VI to GB PAD in the config before launching the game.

Does the cIOS_fix refer to the read retry fix by WiiGator in your signature? Or does it refer to cIOS36_rev6 by waninkoko?

I had IOS36-64-v1042.wad on the SD card root and used WAD manager 1.3 to install cIOS36_rev6 but I get a no disk error when trying to use the backup launcher. How do I install IOS36_rev6?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Rye would get shot at sight.