Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

hhhjjj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i have a dvd-r windata 4.7 gb and 1-16x i patched the iso and came out as a partition.iso 3.9 gb and i burnt the partition.iso on the dvd-r using imageburn at 2x and installed dvdx in advanced ios249 and tested it on waninkokos loader and it said at the title identification error= 2011????!!!!!! or some thing,and went through almost 10 discs!!!!!!????

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hhhjjj said:
hi i have a dvd-r windata 4.7 gb and 1-16x i patched the iso and came out as a partition.iso 3.9 gb and i burnt the partition.iso on the dvd-r using imageburn at 2x and installed dvdx in advanced ios249 and tested it on waninkokos loader and it said at the title identification error= 2011????!!!!!! or some thing,and went through almost 10 discs!!!!!!????

What Cios are you using ?
Do you have PatchMii installed ?

The section you did about pacthing sounds perfect , the discs sound to be ok and the speeds should work.
I would think the error is something to do with the IOS installed or the loader being used.

You could uninstall everything , get the ones from my zip and put them on following the step by step guide and try it again - see if it makes a difference ?

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a shame some people have to do it the hard way... especially if they even found this thread and just started doing the mod with the instructions and FAQs provided and updated round the clock by our friend, Taz... I always almost start a how to thread with 1st page and last page read... that gives me an idea what I am looking at!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lol - and just uploaded the Mplayer and Homebrew version of the zip now - been playing with them - quite impressed - and i added a few radio stations of my own to the Mplayer to give people a few things to listen to.

IronMask

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my own NTSC list of what games are compatible on a USA Nintendo Wii Backup Launcher v.1beta
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: All these games were burned with either IMGBurn 2.2.4 or Ashampoo Burning Studio 8
Burn Speed:2.4x with verification on DVR-Rs and DVD+Rs.

All these games have been tested and work if you use this method.

Common Side Effects of beta launcher: Video and Audio lags/skips - Occasional Crash - Slower Loading

Batallion Wars 2
Blazing Angels
Bleach Shattered Blade
Brothers In Arms - Road To Hill 30
C.S.I. Hard Evidence
DeBlob
Ferrari Challenge
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Ghost Squad
Harvest Moon Magical Melody
Lengend Of Zelda Twilight Princess (Can't be used to install Homebrew Channel)
Legos Star Wars Complete Saga
Legos Batman
Legos Indiana Jones
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Metroid Prime 3
MX vs ATV Untamed
Need For Speed Pro Street
NHL 2K
Rapala Tournament Fishing Frenzy
Rebel Raiders - Operation Night Hawk
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles
Samba De Amigo*pt
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Super Mario Galaxy
Transformers
TNA Impact

* These currently work online if Wifi compatible.

I have a lot of other games still to test personally, but try prying the wiimote from your 5 yr old.

Updated 10/14/2008
This list will be updated daily.

I have alot of other originals to dump to my pc to patch and backup and play so bare with me.

nugem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also have twilight-hack-v0.1-alpha3a , the "wiibrew loader" will not copy from the sd to the wii.

i have started a new game, ran around and then saved. entered the memory management and deleted the saved game and then accessed the SD card. when trying to copy the data.bin "rzde2.bin" it says "the data was not copied"

the old files copied ok, but then i realized i have version 3.3 so i grabbed the new loader. but no dice.

disk = rzde oa 2
loader = twilight-hack-v0.1-alpha3a

ive seen a lot of people have this problem. hopefully someone comes by with a solution. if someone feels inclined to email me please feel free to do so. thanks

-Nugem
[email protected]

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nugem said:
i also have twilight-hack-v0.1-alpha3a , the "wiibrew loader" will not copy from the sd to the wii.

i have started a new game, ran around and then saved. entered the memory management and deleted the saved game and then accessed the SD card. when trying to copy the data.bin "rzde2.bin" it says "the data was not copied"

the old files copied ok, but then i realized i have version 3.3 so i grabbed the new loader. but no dice.

disk = rzde oa 2
loader = twilight-hack-v0.1-alpha3a

ive seen a lot of people have this problem. hopefully someone comes by with a solution. if someone feels inclined to email me please feel free to do so. thanks

-Nugem
[email protected]

Are you using the files and step by step guide in my signature ?
i dont have rzde.bin , i have data.bin in the rzde folder .... can you download that and try following the steps ?

spookt

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, just got to say big thanks to djtaz for the guide and the zip. Tried this last night and it worked like a dream
smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
spookt said:
Hi, just got to say big thanks to djtaz for the guide and the zip. Tried this last night and it worked like a dream
smile.gif

Much appreciated, but to be honest all the credit goes to the coders working on these things - my little how to would be useless without all their work - i just gathered all the latest of what you need and put it in one place for everyone else but all the work is being done by the guys coding.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Q : Im getting an error with : DVD Identify Failed when i try to run a game - why ?
A : This is a burn media issue - dont use DVD REWRITABLES and try a different disc/drive/burn speed.

Well i have this problem right now, is the "A:" the only possibility or are there other things ? like i got the iso marked as scrubbed and just burned it, no clue if i have to do something else before and i get this error.

So is it only because of this bad sunstar dvd's ?

IronMask

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Scrubbed or patched? It needs to be patched with the patcher found in Taz's pc folder in the zip...

Anyone have issues with the cios fix? I have tried to just install it... and that didn't work... so I uninstalled both..the already installed cios and the fix and just installed the fix... (did I lose ya?!) and that didn't work either...keep getting the green screen and the black screen (of death).. anyways..I thought it had something maybe to do with the regions.. Anyways... hopefully tomorrow or the next day our code gurus will have something out for us that is 100% workable on all games...That's what I'm talk'n about!

yahmegaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IronMash:

There is nothing wrong with your setting/installing, it's that you must change the VI mode to GC pad and that should load your games

patrickv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi im new to all this. ii having some trouble with my loader. im just testing out wii play, and it always gets stuck on the wii remote screen. sometimes it loadds properly(3 times), and the rest its just been stuck on the wiimote screen. please help. i used tdk dvd-r(at x2, then x4), was 3.2e then tried 3.3e update, and tried both loaders.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
patrickv said:
hi im new to all this. ii having some trouble with my loader. im just testing out wii play, and it always gets stuck on the wii remote screen. sometimes it loadds properly(3 times), and the rest its just been stuck on the wiimote screen. please help. i used tdk dvd-r(at x2, then x4), was 3.2e then tried 3.3e update, and tried both loaders.

Very strange issue - usually they either load or dont load.
Check the disc for scratches or smudges and see if theres anything wrong.
What loader are u trying and what CIOS have u installed ?

lol sorry ... one question at a time, but the more we know the better.

what region wii and what region game

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Youkai said:
Well i have this problem right now, is the "A:" the only possibility or are there other things ? like i got the iso marked as scrubbed and just burned it, no clue if i have to do something else before and i get this error.

A dodgy DVD is also a possible option for this, or if DVDx isnt installed with ios249 in advanced mode.
As IronMask asked .. Have you patched the game before burning with the file in the zip in my signature ?

Scrubbing = removing the files that are not required from the disc to make it smaller or to remove wii firmware update files
Patching = making a normal ISO playable with the boot loaders.

You can get that error as well if you install a non patched game.

Suggestions : Try a different disc brand/type with the same software and make sure its patched first before borning.
If that doesnt work , uninstall and re-install the cIOS files and DVDx and try the discs again, though it shoudlnt come to that.

patrickv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well so far im using wiigators and waninkoko's older backup loaders, like 0.1 beat or something for wiigator, and the first waninkoko one. yeah i checked the dvd for scratches and smudges, and its a no go. i also had the old cios36_rev5 or something like that. i was thinking of trying the cios_fix and the backuplauncher hook, yeah when i get the time. im in australia, and have a pall wii and its a pal game. thanks for the reply

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well i installed cIOS like it was described in several guides with the 249 in advanced mode
and dvdx and than i used a wad for the bootlauncher.
than i burned one of those scrubbed isos without patching (didn't know) and it did not work, than i used the patcher on the iso and there was a 4GB temp and a 1,3GB iso and i had no clue what to do so i deleted it and tried with another iso than i got a converted iso and burned it with 3x speed and it still sayed it could not read the disc in the loader.

djtaz said:
Youkai said:

A dodgy DVD is also a possible option for this, or if DVDx isnt installed with ios249 in advanced mode.
As IronMask asked .. Have you patched the game before burning with the file in the zip in my signature ?

Scrubbing = removing the files that are not required from the disc to make it smaller or to remove wii firmware update files
Patching = making a normal ISO playable with the boot loaders.

You can get that error as well if you install a non patched game.

Suggestions : Try a different disc brand/type with the same software and make sure its patched first before borning.
If that doesnt work , uninstall and re-install the cIOS files and DVDx and try the discs again, though it shoudlnt come to that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1