PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Youkai said:
Well i installed cIOS like it was described in several guides with the 249 in advanced mode
and dvdx and than i used a wad for the bootlauncher.
than i burned one of those scrubbed isos without patching (didn't know) and it did not work, than i used the patcher on the iso and there was a 4GB temp and a 1,3GB iso and i had no clue what to do so i deleted it and tried with another iso than i got a converted iso and burned it with 3x speed and it still sayed it could not read the disc in the loader.

Did you use the guide from the read me in the zip file in my signature (updated today by the way) because i can help with that - if you use another one a step may be missing that i dont know about.
what error are you getting ?
what boot loader ?

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thy habs nochmal genau nach deiner anleitung gemacht und nu klappts, nur das installen von den loader channel funzt nicht aber naja kann man ja über den homebrew channel starten

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Youkai said:
thy habs nochmal genau nach deiner anleitung gemacht und nu klappts, nur das installen von den loader channel funzt nicht aber naja kann man ja über den homebrew channel starten

Ok so you did as i instructed but added in a different iso afterwards ?
but what boot loader are you using ?
If it has a red screen - go to config and change the option from VI to GB Pad and see if that works ?

Whats the exact error you got ?

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
djtaz said:
Youkai said:

If it has a red screen - go to config and change the option from VI to GB Pad and see if that works ?

omg sorry i didn't noticed that i wrote in german
tongue.gif

well i sayed i did everything again like it was written in your guide and now it works but i cannot install the loader channel btw it says install complete everything without error but there just is no channel

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Youkai said:
djtaz said:
Youkai said:

omg sorry i didn't noticed that i wrote in german
tongue.gif

well i sayed i did everything again like it was written in your guide and now it works but i cannot install the loader channel btw it says install complete everything without error but there just is no channel

There are 2 different loader channels - one with wings and the other is a different one - try uninstalling (press minus) the channel first and re-installing it again after a reboot.
The channel is based on the old boot.dol files are doesnt load all games , but it makes it faster and easier for the games that do work - for ones that dont just go to homebrew and use the iso loader in there.

Hope that helps

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thx

two final !!! questions XD

1. How can i rip my games without that special cd rom drive ?

2. can i patch scrubbed games or do i need a raw not changed iso ?

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Youkai said:
thx

1. You can rip your games by using the homebrew program Wii DVD Dumper, made by Waninkoko. It is capable of ripping and sending the data over WiFi, or using an SD card or USB storage device (WiFi recommended, you'll need to use Firefox to download the rip from your wii).

jean_ryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi there
I've been having problems runing a couple of games on my european pal wii.
the 60htz video signal of american games dosen't work properly on a pal wii when you use a RGB cable. you can still play the game, but you get that awful red and green blury image (and a terrible headache after 10 min...)
I usualy activate the "force 50htz" option to correct that, and it works perfectly on games like SSBB or RE:UC.
but I noticed that some games (okami and no more heroes for example) simply won't work when you do that.
Is there anything I can do about that?
does a kind of patch exist to fix that?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lafie said:
Youkai said:
thx

1. You can rip your games by using the homebrew program Wii DVD Dumper, made by Waninkoko. It is capable of ripping and sending the data over WiFi, or using an SD card or USB storage device (WiFi recommended, you'll need to use Firefox to download the rip from your wii).

This is also in my zip file with a how to in there explaining how to do it .... most things required are in the zip including the new channel loader - that thats untested as yet.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
becker2384 said:
I'm having a problem with the loader. I'm using golddisk channel to boot mario galaxy and I see a green flash and the in "hangs" on a black screen.

New channel uploaded tonight that should fix that -

1. uninstall the channel you have
2. redownload the zip
3. install the new channel
4. test and thank all the guys who coded these things

Try this first - go to Homebrew channel and ISO Loader and see if that loads the game that way ?
The older channels has the initial boot.dol files that didnt seem to work on all the games - the new channel uses the new boot.dol file.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
patrickv said:
my cios= CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad. i dunno what to use to delete this so i can install cios_fix.

Some have said you can just install Cios_fix over the others and it works ok
I have to install and uninstall it a few times to get it uninstalled properly , but it all seemed to work ok in the end
Id try installing it and see what happened to be honest - i think it should work ok - my system is pal too

jean_ryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, am I the only one to have that video problem with NTSC games that just wouldn't boot on a pal wii if forced to 50 htz?
seems like I'm condemned to choose between a black screen or a terrible blindnes-inducing headache...

liteon11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i have a few questions:
-do i have to uninstal the allredy installed cIOS when i want to instal the cIOS fix?
-do the cIOS fix improve something?
-where can i download the cIOS-fix.wad

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
liteon11 said:
i have a few questions:
-do i have to uninstal the allredy installed cIOS when i want to instal the cIOS fix?
-do the cIOS fix improve something?
-where can i download the cIOS-fix.wad

Whats the point in keeping the first post up to date if your not going to read it ?

-do i have to uninstal the allredy installed cIOS when i want to instal the cIOS fix? Some say no , some say yes .... this is covered in my HOW TO in my signatire.

FIRST QUESTION ON THE ISSUES AND ANSWERS THREAD answers 2 and 3 :
For the present system we all use , a new cios_fix file was released that makes games more compatible that combined with pcc_gba's boot_hook.dol file is the best combination for public use as of 18th Oct 2008 and all files are in my signature at the bottom and above.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jean_ryu said:
so, am I the only one to have that video problem with NTSC games that just wouldn't boot on a pal wii if forced to 50 htz?
seems like I'm condemned to choose between a black screen or a terrible blindnes-inducing headache...

You are doing something wrong - people have ntsc games on a pal system and they work fine.
Your question is the equivelant to 'my car is broken , whats wrong with it?' ... in order to trouble shoot any problem we need to know a small few more things

What boot loader are you using ?
Did you install dvdx with ios249 in advanced ?
Are you using the CIOS fix ?
Are you changing the hook type in the config settings ?
Have you followed the step by step guide in my signature and got the files from there or from somewhere else ?
Have you tried the new files that were updated yesterday to see if they help ?

jean_ryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
jean_ryu said:

You are doing something wrong - people have ntsc games on a pal system and they work fine.
Your question is the equivelant to 'mark car is broken , whats wrong with it?' ... in order to trouble shoot any problem we need to know a small few more things

What boot loader are you using ?
Did you install dvdx with ios249 in advanced ?
Are you using the CIOS fix ?
Are you changing the hook type in the config settings ?
Have you followed the step by step guide in my signature and got the files from there or from somewhere else ?
Have you tried the new files that were updated yesterday to see if they help ?

edit: YEAHH!!!! You were right, I just changed the dol file from the loader (and used Waninkoko's instead of Wiigator's) and it worked!!! thanks alot Djtaz, I wouldn't checked that ^

- I use wiigator's loader on the HBC, yes I tried the new one this morning and the problem seems to be the same.
- I did install dvdx, actualy I can run certain games without any problems .(like RE:UC and Star Wars FU)
- I've been using the CIOS fix for the past 2 days
- The loader I'm curently using got the hook type fonction disabled (I believe that's the one you put online tonight, right?)

actualy the problem seems to occur with games like Okami, RE4 or No More Heroes who simply won't launch (black screen) when I try to force the pal 50htz mode. these games work when I try to run them on 60htz, but I get an awful red and green image...
if you believe i did something wrong, I'll try to uninstall/ re-install everything, but i've been having this problem since the very start with the first waninkoko launcher. since then I've changed about EVERYTHING, from the CIOS to the launcher itself.

edit: YEAHH!!!! You were right, I just changed the dol file from the loader (and used Waninkoko's instead of Wiigator's) and it worked!!! thanks alot Djtaz, I wouldn't checked that ^^

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Glad to help - have fun gaming -

ohh and try to add this page to your signature to stop people asking the same things over and over.

R!zyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there! I have big problem. Every time when I want to patch the game it give me error message
frown.gif
I tried every backup-creator what exist... Do I need something special? What is DVDX? I read I don´t need it. I tried GUI version but unsuccesfuly. Where is the problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte