djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have tried Okami on a modified Wii with a standard setup using a wad channel and cIOS in my zip installed and nothing else.
It was burnt to a Philips DVD-R at 4x and 1:1 and it worked fine.

Have you confirmed that the ISO you have is ok ? That may be where the trouble is if only that disc cant be read.
I have a PAL wii and used a PAL version of the game with no issues in gamma - had a lot of problems in the beta version , but none in gamma for this game.

Criminal Booster

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have made all correctly, but at me game is not started. With Cios and Backup Launcher I have made all as have been written (have updated IOS and installed Gamma by Wiigator), but it has not turned out. To me it is informed that read disc error (324). I burnt on three different speeds (2,4,16) used 3 disks from TDK (DVD+R), 1 from Fujifilm (DVD-R) and 3 more from Sony (DVD-R). Games were WiiSports Mario Kart and Sonic Olympic Games), correctly patched Iso with backup-creator, firmware 3.3 E, Homebrew 9... What have I made not so?
wacko.gif

P.S: excuse for my English, I write through the translator

TriLLioN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Criminal Booster said:
I have made all correctly, but at me game is not started. With Cios and Backup Launcher I have made all as have been written (have updated IOS and installed Gamma by Wiigator), but it has not turned out. To me it is informed that read disc error (324). I burnt on three different speeds (2,4,16) used 3 disks from TDK (DVD+R), 1 from Fujifilm (DVD-R) and 3 more from Sony (DVD-R). Games were WiiSports Mario Kart and Sonic Olympic Games), correctly patched Iso with backup-creator, firmware 3.3 E, Homebrew 9... What have I made not so?
wacko.gif

P.S: excuse for my English, I write through the translator

I have that same problem too XD I just want to know what the disc read error (324) means. I tried using DjTaz's tutorial, and some other tutorial from another site. They didn't work for me.

QUOTEI have tried Okami on a modified Wii with a standard setup using a wad channel and cIOS in my zip installed and nothing else.
It was burnt to a Philips DVD-R at 4x and 1:1 and it worked fine.

Have you confirmed that the ISO you have is ok ? That may be where the trouble is if only that disc cant be read.
I have a PAL wii and used a PAL version of the game with no issues in gamma - had a lot of problems in the beta version , but none in gamma for this game.

I used a torrent called "zry-okami.iso", comments said that it worked fine.
frown.gif
I re-installed the cIOS, and everything, still didn't work.

acg12xu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TriLLioN said:
frown.gif
Have you tried backing up your own copy and trying it? (I assume you have a copy looking at your banner and avatar.)

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
error 324 means your wii cant read the media - its usually because you have used dvd+r discs which the wii finds really hard to read , or you have used bad quality dvd-r discs ... or the ISO image itself is bad - its usually just the disc type though, but no one ever listens to that answer as it means trying other discs.
So they spend days looking for other methods and waste loads of time to finally give in and use Verbratum dvd-r or Philips dvd-r discs and it works ... and im sure ill answer this question another 100 times in the next 2 months

TriLLioN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
acg12xu said:
TriLLioN said:
frown.gif
Have you tried backing up your own copy and trying it? (I assume you have a copy looking at your banner and avatar.)

I just tried Kwaza's instructions and got it to work!
biggrin.gif
It had to do something with the cIOS though.
QUOTE(djtaz @ Nov 27 2008, 04:24 PM)
error 324 means your wii cant read the media - its usually because you have used dvd+r discs which the wii finds really hard to read , or you have used bad quality dvd-r discs ... or the ISO image itself is bad - its usually just the disc type though, but no one ever listens to that answer as it means trying other discs.
So they spend days looking for other methods and waste loads of time to finally give in and use Verbratum dvd-r or Philips dvd-r discs and it works ... and im sure ill answer this question another 100 times in the next 2 months

TDK's didn't work at all for me(about 1/3 of them worked), Verbatim didn't then worked(i followed Kwaza's tut, 6/6 of them work right now) I guess Verbatim worked for me best
biggrin.gif

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, well I finally got home and wanted to play some Rockband. The wii was disconected, I conected it and the first game I tried was Rockband (Original not backup) obviously runing it the correct way (not with the loader, no point in that I think since its original). I noticed that on all the songs I played the songs were skiping, like freeze in some parts and then resume playing at a diferent part of the song.

Im on Gamma. Any Ideas on this?? Thanks in advance!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If your playing through the normal disc channel then your using the normal wii load systems and bypassing the gamma loader and cIOS totally so it should just run as normal in theory.

Have you checked the disc for scratches ?
Have you tried using the gamma loader to play it ... though theres no logical reason for this , but its worth checking.
Have you tried this disc on someone elses wii ?

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, i do have two question's and i dont seem it answered in the faq.

- I read that you can play online with the new loader, but will nintendo be able to detect that we are running an backup fake disc, if your got the iso from the net, and is it safe?
- And should i always run the Backup Launcher channel then?

- Which program is mostly used to patch games? I am usin BrickBlocker.

I am running 3.2E atm.

Edit: 3 Questions
tongue.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RC89 said:
- I read that you can play online with the new loader, but will nintendo be able to detect that we are running an backup fake disc, if your got the iso from the net, and is it safe?
Technically they can detect it , but currently they dont have anything implimented for doing so and even if they had it wouldnt be very accurate and they might face legal cases for invasion of privacy from legit users - also backups are legal in canada and other countries so its a pointless tracking for them to enable. You are safe

RC89 said:
- And should i always run the Backup Launcher channel then?
Thats how the games boot now so yeah.

QUOTE(RC89 @ Nov 28 2008, 02:00 PM)
- Which program is mostly used to patch games? I am usin BrickBlocker.
Bad at maths ? Thats 3
tongue.gif
.. anyway it depends on your definition of Patching at this stage - the word for confused recently and seems to mean a number of different things to different people.
The new gamma loader stops updates so you dont really need to brickblock (though i do myself anyway) and if your only using same region games your fairly safe.

Brickblocker removes the updates from the game
ISO Patcher by waninkoko changes the iso the game uses
Wii scrubber makes the image smaller by taking out the 'white noise' of the game world
Backup Creator edits the game iso so that its playable on the beta v0.1 version of the launcher.

You dont really need any of them anymore , but its up to you if you want to use them.

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
I just edited it
tongue.gif

Thanks djtaz for your great and detailed answer, it helped me alot and that was everything i needed to know at this point
smile.gif

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, game has no scratches at all, seems very clean to me, only this game is giving problems as of now and I saw on a nintendo forum that suposedly this game had issues and that the if the Wii lens gets dirty it tends to freeze some games and stuff but I really have no clue...

Tikigod13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I am having some issues with Castlevania Judgement and the wii backup loader. I was playing the game yesterday and it worked pretty well. But when i came back to play it again it stopped working. I play the game and for some reason when I get to the title screen I hit any button to continue but nothing happens. But I can skip through the messeges at the beginning and the cinematic. I have a usa wii and a usa version of the game and its on a DVD-R. I really have no idea what is wrong, can anyone tell me what I might have done wrong in the whole process?
wacko.gif

---------------------edit----------------------------------
Never mind I fixed the problem, it runs great!!!!!

TriLLioN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tikigod13 said:
Hello everyone, I am having some issues with Castlevania Judgement and the wii backup loader. I was playing the game yesterday and it worked pretty well. But when i came back to play it again it stopped working. I play the game and for some reason when I get to the title screen I hit any button to continue but nothing happens. But I can skip through the messeges at the beginning and the cinematic. I have a usa wii and a usa version of the game and its on a DVD-R. I really have no idea what is wrong, can anyone tell me what I might have done wrong in the whole process?
wacko.gif

---------------------edit----------------------------------

How'd you fix it? Sry if it feels uncomfortable, I just wanted to know so that if my WII gets that prob, I could fix it. You don't have to answer but thx if u do!
smile.gif

roids

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everyone. im new on this(backup launcher stuff) but i've been following this thread for a couple of weeks now. i want to know if anyone else has gotten error 361 and fixed it??????? every backup i insert gets the same error!!!!!!!!!! can anyone help? unsure.gif

TriLLioN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
roids said:
hi everyone. im new on this(backup launcher stuff) but i've been following this thread for a couple of weeks now. i want to know if anyone else has gotten error 361 and fixed it??????? every backup i insert gets the same error!!!!!!!!!! can anyone help? unsure.gif

What DVDs have u been burning? I once used TDKs and they never work >.<
Try using Verbatims and DVD-Rs. DVD+Rs has a slim chance of working (am i right?) I've got an error (324) though. I've never had a 361 error.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tikigod13 said:
Id like to know how the issue here was resolved as well.

QUOTE(roids @ Nov 29 2008, 07:29 AM) i want to know if anyone else has gotten error 361 and fixed it???????
i have never head of a 361 error - can you explain it a little more - as much detail about what you do as possible
what files you used
what region your in
what discs you used and burning programs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    sickly that is fucked im sorry to hear that
    +1
    but yeah!!!!! when you want to fuck with your 3ds holler at me fr fr >3
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @K3Nv2, watch out for the spy balloons
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I throw those at people
    i am continuing dabbing rn
    this is crazy
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @PandaPandel, thanks Panda! One of these days for sure I'm going to go on a rampage of modding and upgrading everything that I've got laying around lol, it'll have its day(s) of glory soon enough. I got an OG 3DS and an n3DS XL to take care of
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think China would like my data :creep:
    ooo lets get that new3dsXL a face lift!!!!
    yall are really cool sick and ken
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My 3ds back cover screws snapped so it's annoying to use now don't wanna spend $30 Ona. Back plate replacement got a 512gb card in it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me and sicklyboy actually named our child sickken
    +1
    hirade girl, hi i keep seeing you in here
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    How are you, @PandaPandel ?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I was working with a foreign game dev/publisher at PAX East years ago and was so close to being able to dump one of their pre-alphas for their new game from their 3DS dev unit but didn't have an SD card reader with me lmao 😭 I was boarding with them and free range of their dev unit to (mostly) do as I please, but just didn't have the hardware I needed for it. sad
    +1
    @K3Nv2 Yo mine also snapped lmao I still use the back plate tho
    @HiradeGirl Im doing good thanks for asking <3 Im just vibing working on some threads on here wbu?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was a flawless LL unit too I region modded damn xls are still $200 still got the box some place
    I want a galaxy 3ds so fucking bad honestly
    my wallet is going to despise me
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @PandaPandel just chilling around here reading threads. I'm trying to setup some emulators with covers on Wiiflow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wish I got the galaxy unit when they were still producing them at the time
    ken me fucking tooooo omg
    kick in the head fr
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: kick in the head fr