Hacking Wii connect 24 issues / read this before you instl

ciama81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My everybody votes channel hasn't updated any results to the questions that it first opened with.  Is this the same problem or is nintendo just slow as hell? 
tongue.gif
I formatted my Everbody Votes data and it started updating again.
Was that the channel data in the Wii system memory settings? do you mean you deleted the channel and downloaded it again?

What I did and what I think he means is that in the EV channel, there is an option to delete all voter history, delete that, then enter your Mii again in the channel. This worked for me.

littleho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so it looks as though the steps work for some and not others. maybe i should wait until nintendo updates a fix or something bc it happens to people who dont mod their wiis as well... oh well, those features arent that big of a deal to have.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What I did and what I think he means is that in the EV channel, there is an option to delete all voter history, delete that, then enter your Mii again in the channel. This worked for me.
Thanks for that, worked here too. Just had it on a friends console after a chip install.

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i thought mine was fine, but i just checked and whilst the weather and news worked, my everybody votes had 90+ days left on the polls.

I just deleted the user data, and its all working fine. So glad i didnt have to format the wii.

benjp2k1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE([Truth said:
@ Mar 15 2007, 10:24 AM)]@KTroopA: i have the same issues with my wii, try this:

QUOTE said:
1. Save Mii's and game saves.
2. Turn off system.
3. Remove Battery.
4. Turn on Wii and TURN OFF Wiiconnect 24.
5. Format Wii. Allow system to turn itself off.
6. Unplug Wii.
7. Reinstall battery.
8. Plug Wii back in. Turn on.
9. Set up your settings. Check that Wiiconnect works as it should.
10. Put back on your games and Mii's.

The whole point is to format the system with the battery out and Wiiconnect24 turned off. Then the system needs unplugged. If it does not work the first time, do it again until it catches. It should work the first time however.
didn´t tried it yet, because i don´t want to loose my miis and friendlist.
but other people in my german wii forum say it works for them.

///EDIT: at step 6 it is good if you let the wii unplugged for about 1/2 hour without battery
I did that and it worked great. I didnt have to leave it off for 1/2 hour more like 1 minute. One down side was a new wii number when connected. It is odd though cause I disabled the WiiConnect24 before modding it because I read about this error before hand. Oh well it works so who cares. Thanks for the directions (I found your post before the one I saw before)

littleho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([Truth) said:
,Mar 15 2007, 10:24 AM]@KTroopA: i have the same issues with my wii, try this:

QUOTE said:
1. Save Mii's and game saves.
2. Turn off system.
3. Remove Battery.
4. Turn on Wii and TURN OFF Wiiconnect 24.
5. Format Wii. Allow system to turn itself off.
6. Unplug Wii.
7. Reinstall battery.
8. Plug Wii back in. Turn on.
9. Set up your settings. Check that Wiiconnect works as it should.
10. Put back on your games and Mii's.

The whole point is to format the system with the battery out and Wiiconnect24 turned off. Then the system needs unplugged. If it does not work the first time, do it again until it catches. It should work the first time however.
didn´t tried it yet, because i don´t want to loose my miis and friendlist.
but other people in my german wii forum say it works for them.

///EDIT: at step 6 it is good if you let the wii unplugged for about 1/2 hour without battery
I did that and it worked great. I didnt have to leave it off for 1/2 hour more like 1 minute. One down side was a new wii number when connected. It is odd though cause I disabled the WiiConnect24 before modding it because I read about this error before hand. Oh well it works so who cares. Thanks for the directions (I found your post before the one I saw before)

I wish that worked for me, I've tried leaving my battery out from one minute to 45 minutes, to no solution.
frown.gif

This replay was my lame excuse for bumping this, hoping for another step solution. :'(

Soybomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It looks like super paper mario comes with an update. Do you think this update would fix the problem?
smile.gif
It might....or it might break something.

It seems like some people are experiencing problems when they run the update. To me it sounds like people are running ntsc spm discs in their pal consoles and the wrong updates are being applied..... If you had a pal wii you might be especially careful and do some extra research first.

littleho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It looks like super paper mario comes with an update. Do you think this update would fix the problem?
smile.gif

It might....or it might break something.

It seems like some people are experiencing problems when they run the update. To me it sounds like people are running ntsc spm discs in their pal consoles and the wrong updates are being applied..... If you had a pal wii you might be especially careful and do some extra research first.

yeah, i think that only occurs for PAL wii's. fortunately, i have the US version so i should be safe with ntsc.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know where to post, I'll use this thread.

When I modded my Wii, I had the date and channels all messed up , but waited to save my data before formating.
I played SPM (maybe it's related), and now I formated it, but I can't connect to Wiiconnect24 anymore.

shop channel is working, but I can't access news, forecast and votes.
in Votes channel I got error 222001 when I have to choose the region.

News and forecast channel I have "actuals parameters don't allow you to use WiiConnect24. check your Wii settings", but I already set wiiconnect24 to active, and accepted the contract many times.

I tried to switch WiiConnect24 off and on again,
I tried to format Wii again with and without battery, I unplugged the Wii as stated in first page on this thread,
tried to change the country I'm in, and accept again the new contract.
But nothing is working, I don't know how to get Wiiconnect24 to work again. Do you have any clue or links I can check please ?

Chronics

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does the Super Paper Mario update, fix the news and weather channel problem, im currently facing that problem, and i was wondering, DOES the reformating of the wii have any effect on the wiikey i have? im running on NTSC, wiikey version 1.1 and about to reformat but want to wait on this response..im goingt o back up my mii's onto my wii remote, then save my channels on an SD...and i belvie thats it...

thanks, and HELP!!

littleho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
does the Super Paper Mario update, fix the news and weather channel problem, im currently facing that problem, and i was wondering, DOES the reformating of the wii have any effect on the wiikey i have? im running on NTSC, wiikey version 1.1 and about to reformat but want to wait on this response..im goingt o back up my mii's onto my wii remote, then save my channels on an SD...and i belvie thats it...

thanks, and HELP!!

no, and no.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I switched my Wii to English.
The message is not the same :

If Wiiconnect24 is Off, it says "Wii Connect24 is currently turned off. Confirm your setting under Wii Options. Error 109139"

If Wiiconnect24 is ON, it says ""Wii Connect24 is currently turned off. Confirm your setting under Wii Options" (without error code)

when it's ON, the wii don't even try to send data to the net (0 activity on the router, nothing captured with Ethereal).

In both case, the Wii think it's off
frown.gif

internet is working fine. I see data transmission in ethereal when I'm in Wii channel main screen (regularly check if connection is working), the data is fine when downloading new channels from shop channel too. Only the use of channels using Wiiconnect24 don't work. I tried switching everything already, and formating many times ...

pr1nce

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
yeah this happened to me last week!
got my wii chipped, went home and check to see if everything worked as i didn't have any backups at that current time

the internet channel worked, then all of a sudden i got disconnected and it said to check my internet settings, i did and the internet test was successful, but the internet channel, news channel or wii shop couldn't connect.

i gave up for a few hours and when i came back it worked?!

then i tested it today and it doesn't work now... frustrating!!

faethon

Trophies
XP
Country
I also have the wiiconnect24 not working problem. Had my wii modded just recently and when it came back I noticed that the weather was not being updated and the news channel had an insane number for its last update. So in order to fix it I tried the 'format without battery trick'. However, now I cannot connect to the news and forecast channel either. It says wiiconnect is switched off, while it is switched on in my settings. Since many people have the same problems, I would like to summarize what possible solutions exist:

1) format without battery seems to do the trick for some
2) leaving the battery out, and the wii unplugged for at least 1/2 hour works for some
3) short circuitting the battery by putting it back in upside down seems to work for some

I have tried them all (many times and in many variations), but still it's not fixed. Since the internet connection works fine, the problem seems to be with the news and forecast channels themselves (I have not tried the migrating thing from the Mii channel which also relies on wiiconnect24).

I guess there is no solution for a large group of people that still have the wiiconnect24-turned-off-message-while-turned-on problem. I'm hoping Nintendo will finaly fix this, since it is related to removing the battery (it could also have run out) which should not have such hefty impact. It is not such a big deal since most of us bought the Wii to play games, and not check the news or weather forecast, but it's annoying that somehow a bug in the firmware can cause this.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, I just hope someone has still another option for fixing this. Anyone knows when we can expect the next firmware update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!