Hacking Wii connect 24 issues / read this before you instl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard some people had Wii24 issues after they modded their wii. supposedly weather and news channels won't update and you have to format to the default state to get them working again. They said to turn Wii24 off before installing but some people still had the problem.

What I did was leave Wii24 ON but Standby OFF. I don't have any problem whatsoever with news/weather/shop/internet channels. Hope this helps.

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
i just posted about this issue as my news and weather wnt update. how do i fix this. my wii is modded already

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@KTroopA: i have the same issues with my wii, try this:

QUOTE said:
1. Save Mii's and game saves.
2. Turn off system.
3. Remove Battery.
4. Turn on Wii and TURN OFF Wiiconnect 24.
5. Format Wii. Allow system to turn itself off.
6. Unplug Wii.
7. Reinstall battery.
8. Plug Wii back in. Turn on.
9. Set up your settings. Check that Wiiconnect works as it should.
10. Put back on your games and Mii's.

The whole point is to format the system with the battery out and Wiiconnect24 turned off. Then the system needs unplugged. If it does not work the first time, do it again until it catches. It should work the first time however.
didn´t tried it yet, because i don´t want to loose my miis and friendlist.
but other people in my german wii forum say it works for them.

///EDIT: at step 6 it is good if you let the wii unplugged for about 1/2 hour without battery

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
thx dude. will try and report back
smile.gif

Dagur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All I did was turn the Wii completely off (held in the power button until the light became red) before I disconnected and opened it up. I had no problems

kdanarch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My everybody votes channel hasn't updated any results to the questions that it first opened with. Is this the same problem or is nintendo just slow as hell?
tongue.gif

littleho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sigh, i must have formatted my wii 6 times now to have the same result of wiiconnect24 still claiming to be off. my wiinja deluxe works great but i still cant connect to wii forecast or news.

tried the steps involving the removal of the battery, also tried simply formatting. does anyone know if there is another fix?

airrich

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess i got lucky
after i installed my wiikey, everything worked properly except for news, but a few days later and its working again

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
why does this happen though? bit weird. maybe its to do with removing the battery for a while?

ill have to test mine tonight to make sure it all works.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

evil4blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've been reading about these wii connect problems and sorta experienced them myself. Currently everything works on my system and this is what I did to make it so.

First, I turned off wiiconnect and standby, then I installed the Wiikey. Next I turned wiiconnect and standby back on, but got an error updating the news channel. I went back into the settings and poked around for a bit and noticed that the time and date were reset to November something or other. I corrected the date, and check the news again...still the error showed up. Next I went into the Vote channel and notices all my polls had expiration dates of 90+ days. I deleted all the voting data and re-setup my vote channel. I exited and went back to the news channel and *BOOM* it updated. Everything has worked correctly from that point forward.

So check your time and date, delete your voting data, try to update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass