Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I have two different component cables that I've tested my wii on, and it has the same problem. When I switch the wii settings to 480p with component cables, once in a while my TV would turn black and then turn back on again. This does not happen when I change the settings to 480i with component cables. I have a Samsung LED TV if that has anything to do with it...

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's happening with two different sets of component cables, then it might be the television or the component ports. Have you been able to replicate the problem on another television? It might also be that you're using third party component cables instead of official ones. I have two sets of third party component cables that had really bad wavy interference with this one particular television until I wrapped the ends with aluminum foil.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline is right about it probability being poor quality cables however the best Wii component cables in my opinion are the Monster Cable CVA-10 & the Psyclone PSC111.

Spencer

:yaywii:
I've heard quite a bit of crap about Monster cables (just the Wii ones). I've never heard anything bad about Nintendo cables though, and they work perfectly for me. It sucks that they are so expensive, but it's worth it.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
What I don't understand is how I have the exact same problem on two different cables. Sure they are third party, but still...
Because it is an extremely common problem with 3rd party Wii component cables. You bought sucky cables twice and are surprised that they suck.

OSpencerO

Trophies
From Nashville, Tennessee In Knoxville, Tennessee
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I haven't had a problem with third party cables however I also buy the best quality cables I can find.
I have also used the Nintendo branded cables without any problems however they are cheaply made.

It is very important to buy high end cables when they are analog cables.
I wish the Wii had HDMI out & HDMI out is one of the things I'm looking forward to on the Wii U.
Thankfully, The future of gaming is all digital.

I would try another device with component out on the same component input of the television you are having problems with.
If you don't have problems it is your cables if you have problems it is most likely your television.

Spencer

OSpencerO

Trophies
From Nashville, Tennessee In Knoxville, Tennessee
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm used to building my own professional quality audio & video cables.
I'm also very anal about cables compared to 99% of the general population so keep that in mind. :lol:

With that said, I actually own a pair of the Nintendo branded component cables.
I keep them in my Wii carrying case & use them when I go to a friends house or on vacation because they are light weight.

The reason they are light weight is because they use low cost components to make the cables.
The reason why they use low cost components to make the cables is that Nintendo makes more money & most people wouldn't know the difference or care as long as they work.
The reason why I think they are cheaply made is because they are made out of low cost components.

What I honestly have the most trouble with is how much they sell the component cable for because I would bet that each component cable costs them under $4 to produce with the box.

Not to say Monster & Psyclone don't do the same thing however I didn't pay anywhere near the $60 retail price.

If you haven't used the Psyclone PSC111 maybe you should give it a try I have it in my living room because I honestly feel like it is the best.

In my opinion the Monoprice component cable is as good as the Nintendo branded component cable.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10830&cs_id=1083007&p_id=5689&seq=1&format=2

The Monoprice cable is also very reasonably priced.

Spencer

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Fixing crappy component cables are easy, if you can handle a soldering iron and know what youre doing.

Btw, my 3rd party cables still works wonderful lol. The cable have even fallen down and is lying right next to my subwoofer - still no interference what so ever lol. Made by cheap components? Possibly, but at least it seems shielded enough :P .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8