bigboss50

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Long-time lurker here, need some help
wink2.gif

My PAL wii has is soft modded with the TP hack and was on FW 3.2 but my stupid brother deleted all the channels (homebrew, gecko laucher etc) and only left the disc channel.
Do I have to do the TP hack again to get the channels back and should I upgrade FW and stuff while I'm at it.
Thanks

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You mean really ALL channels? Including Mii, Weather, ... ? If thats so you better take AnyTitle Deleter of the SD card, cause it can do way worse things than that.

I suggest you update to 4.2 and re-hack it from start using the guide in my sig or the stickied one in the hacking section.
Both guides don't even need the twilight hack anymore
smile.gif

bigboss50

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
You mean really ALL channels? Including Mii, Weather, ... ? If thats so you better take AnyTitle Deleter of the SD card, cause it can do way worse things than that.

I suggest you update to 4.2 and re-hack it from start using the guide in my sig or the stickied one in the hacking section.
smile.gif

Yes all channels apart from the default disc channel, if I update to 4.2 wouldn't my wii brick as it had the twilight hack. Also he didn't delete the channels with AnyTitle Deleter he just used the normal wii memory method if that makes a difference.
Thanks

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bigboss50 said:
tj_cool said:

smile.gif

Yes all channels apart from the default disc channel, if I update to 4.2 wouldn't my wii brick as it had the twilight hack. Also he didn't delete the channels with AnyTitle Deleter he just used the normal wii memory method if that makes a difference.
Thanks
No, unless you imported the Wii from Korea and region changed it, then No it won't brick.

I've always though it was impossible to delete all non-homebrew channels through the wii menu...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
that makes a big difference, it basically means there was no risk of him bricking u because the normal ninty way is not able to do anythign that could brick u.

u can always update to 4.2 without going through ninty, u can use the 4.2 safe updater, or the nus auto downloader for windows

of course u can always reinstall any channels that were deleted, u just need to download them (or use dop-ios and download/install them on the fly, wifi on wii required unless u have the files on your sd card)

if u happen to have a nand backup from before the channels were deleted, u can restore that backup and the channels will still be there

bigboss50

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok my plan is update to 4.2 using 4.2 safe updater (do i just put it into a sd card and it does the rest?), then tj_cool's softmod guide. Thanks a lot guys and good job on the guide tj
yay.gif

EDIT: i see you need to have the homebrew channel on the wii to boot it, which i don't have any other way to get around this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1