Hacking Wii bricked? Stuck on Health and Safety screen...

nhindian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download mmm-250.zip
Use iospatcher to change it from 250 to ios36. Then burn it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?gxynj9ytjiz

And I'm assuming I just run this from the Savemiifrii RM?

Well, got this to run and have a menu with APP Manager, IOS Manager, WAD Manager etc. etc.

Do I select Install & Patch IOS36?

Disregard this! I used MMM to install HBC, Priiloader, and I assume softmod my Wii. (I followed your guide here: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/60921-guide-softmod-any-wii.html )

I was able to install everything successfully. When I reboot my Wii, I get the option to hit A at the Health Screen!

However, now it just proceeds to a black screen :( so got rid of one problem and have another. However, I now have Priiloader and a NAND backup so hopefully this solution will be easier.

Any thoughts?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Try to load hbc from bootmii and make sure you have the system menu in the correct IOS.
It wouldn't make it to the health screen if that was the problem. It's probably just a banner brick.

@OP: You need to load Any Title Deleter and give us a list of any channels that are installed. Do not delete anything.

nhindian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to load hbc from bootmii and make sure you have the system menu in the correct IOS.
It wouldn't make it to the health screen if that was the problem. It's probably just a banner brick.

@OP: You need to load Any Title Deleter and give us a list of any channels that are installed. Do not delete anything.

Okay these channels aren't very descriptive but here's what's under Installed Channels:

55435846 (UCXF)
4e454f47 (NEOG)
4d415549 (MAUI)
af1bf516 (....)
48415045 (HAPE)
4e414345 (NACE)
48414a45 (HAJE)
4e414145 (NAAE)
48414445 (HADE)

Do you need any of the other titles from any subdirectors like System Channel Titles etc?

Also, if it's of note, when AnyTitle Deleter is loading, it gets an error on the following line:

"Informing the Wii that I am its daddy...Error! ES_Identify (ret = -1017) Error! ES_OpenContent (ret = -1017)"

Then I hit A and it says "Region detection failure! 0
Conf Region: 1"

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think he has a bannerbrick, the wii was virgin and those channels where just installed with the guide. OP did you install the 4.1u?

Try this-
Load the HBC
Load nintendo backup(250) via neogamma
or load it via savemiifrii
Load that disc, select the delete all feature
Then reboot the wii and load priiloader, load the hackmii boot.elf from priiloader and reinstall HBC

Where you able to install bootmii as boot2? Or only ios?

nhindian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think he has a bannerbrick, the wii was virgin and those channels where just installed with the guide. OP did you install the 4.1u?

Try this-
Load the HBC
Load nintendo backup(250) via neogamma
or load it via savemiifrii
Load that disc, select the delete all feature
Then reboot the wii and load priiloader, load the hackmii boot.elf from priiloader and reinstall HBC

Where you able to install bootmii as boot2? Or only ios?

I installed the 4.1 SM wads, yes

And I was able to install bootmii as boot2

edit: Also, I assume the NEOG title I just deleted was neogamma? :/

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NEOG was a neogamma channel, which you can't use until you fix your menu. Load that disc from RM via savemiifrii or from hbc via neogamma. Neogamma is installed to your sd card, sd:\apps\neogamma\boot.dol , just search for the files.

If that disc crashes when you try the format, your going to need to format your nand to fix. It is very likely to crash.

Nand format-
Load bootmii
Make a new nand backup
Copy nand backup to your pc
Load ohneswanzenegger
Load your nand.bin, format it
Then install sm 4.1u
Then copy the nand.bin back to your sd card
Load bootmii again, restore the new nand.

Before you do any of this you may want to backup your savegames with savegame manager, loaded from HBC. You will loss them with this process, both of them.

nhindian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEOG was a neogamma channel, which you can't use until you fix your menu. Load that disc from RM via savemiifrii or from hbc via neogamma. Neogamma is installed to your sd card, sd:\apps\neogamma\boot.dol , just search for the files.

If that disc crashes when you try the format, your going to need to format your nand to fix. It is very likely to crash.

Nand format-
Load bootmii
Make a new nand backup
Load ohneswanzenegger
Then install sm 4.1u

Before you do any of this you may want to backup your savegames with savegame manager, loaded from HBC. You will loss them with this process, both of them.

I deleted it all with the disc, but I don't happen to see the hackmii boot.elf in priiloader

nhindian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nand format-
Load bootmii
Make a new nand backup
Load ohneswanzenegger
Then install sm 4.1u

I deleted it all with the disc, but I don't happen to see the hackmii boot.elf in priiloader

Nevermind!

Reinstalled it, had to set-up the Wii again but now I can get to the menu! The only channels I have are Disc, Mii, photo, Shop, Forecast, News, and Homebrew.

Do I have to re-do any of the steps from the guide since I did the "Delete All" or am I good to go?

Thanks so much so far!

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
use modmii and download syscheck beta then run syscheck and let it test all ios vernerabilites. then use modmii syscheck updater and it will do whatever for you.
THE END

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
use modmii and download syscheck beta then run syscheck and let it test all ios vernerabilites. then use modmii syscheck updater and it will do whatever for you.
THE END
Actually Softmod ANY Wii follows a different cIOS setup than ModMii. It's just as good, but different. ModMii will install the wrong cIOS's for him if he does that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!