Hardware Wii black screen, no audio or video

ZombiePosessor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I have a Wii in my possession that isn't modded, at least the owner says it isn't. It black screens on startup, no audio or video. He had let a classroom of kids use it on some worthless "come to school but do nothing" day. He said after he got it back, it no longer worked.

I'm thinking there's two things wrong with it:

One, the kids in the classroom thought they'd be cool and try and mod the system, and failed, creating a low-level brick. There's no preloader on it, I already checked, just in case.

Two, it's a hardware error. I don't have a wiimote for the console that is synced to it, so I can't check the bluetooth module. I haven't looked at the pins in the AV cable port yet to see if they're damaged. I used the broken console's power supply on my own Wii, it powered up just fine, so it's not the power supply. Green light comes on, but like I said, just a black screen. I'm going to try savemiifrii and see what happens then.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this if it is NOT modded in any way? He says nothing was installed on it, WiiWare or VC that he's aware of.

tl:dr - Stock Wii is blackscreening with no audio or video, wtf is wrong with it?

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
ZombiePosessor said:
darkreaperofdreams said:
it's that or a black brick by updating...

See that's what I'm thinking, something HAD to have happened, bad update or fucked attempt at hacking
One of the kids knocked it off the desk and its unclipped the bluetooth module exactly as the thread directly above.
Definately worth a check

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare: