Hacking Wii black screen even after Bootmii NAND format

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Bluetooth module also causes the Controller to not sync, if thats the issue which means black screen plus controller not syncing, its the BT module, if the controllers does sync but the black screen remains, its the system menu corrupted.

Biovirulent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try reinstalling the System Menu. if thats the corrupted one, then it is, as it does not sound as a banner brick.

I did. With MMM? Yeah. Didn't work. :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The Bluetooth module also causes the Controller to not sync, if thats the issue which means black screen plus controller not syncing, its the BT module, if the controllers does sync but the black screen remains, its the system menu corrupted.

I replaced the BT module. Same problem. System menu is probably corrupted. But what now? :/

Strange how that would happen. Worst things I did on the system were letterbomb, homebrew channel, and install ios58 I think it was? It was for WiiSX.

Biovirulent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is hell.
Tried trucha bug restorer, going to ios15 to install and patch ios36, needed to downgrade.
Can't downgrade, turns out I need an updated downgrader???
What.

I don't have any nand permissions.
System menu version null.

:gun::yaywii::whip:

Last edited by Biovirulent,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds unrecoverable at this point without NAND flashing hardware.

Why restore the signing bug and patch system IOSes? That's totally not necessary especially to get the console booting again.

Downgrading the system menu is always a big risk of turning a Wii into a doorstop.

Biovirulent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why restore the signing bug and patch system IOSes? That's totally not necessary especially to get the console booting again.

Downgrading the system menu is always a big risk of turning a Wii into a doorstop.

All right. Well thank you all for your help. Guess it's ruined. Somehow.

Also I did that so I could install and patch ios36. To do other stuff, right? Nand permissions.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right. Well thank you all for your help. Guess it's ruined. Somehow.

Also I did that so I could install and patch ios36. To do other stuff, right? Nand permissions.

I don't think you need that for apps launched from BootMii but I could be mistaken. It's better to install the patched IOS36 somewhere else like 236, though.

BootMii doesn't seem to care about AHB_PROT since you can use it to replace or completely erase the NAND.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

Biovirulent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you need that for apps launched from BootMii but I could be mistaken. It's better to install the patched IOS36 somewhere else like 236, though.

That reminds me, I had stub ios's I couldn't remove. I don't know if I could install it to that. I can try.

Biovirulent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can. Stubs aren't anything special, they're just a dummy IOS that reboots the console. :)

Have you tried what Jbdye suggested and use http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Ohneschwanzenegger to build a clean NAND? I think you only need the console key from the original NAND to do it.

Yeah I tried. I don't have HBC with a clean nand, however.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I tried. I don't have HBC with a clean nand, however.

I think you just need the nand.bin and keys. Check over the readme on the page. It couldn't hurt to try it if nothing else works. You still have the original NAND dump to restore if it doesn't work.

I'm thinking that maybe your NAND chip just failed finally. :/

Biovirulent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you just need the nand.bin and keys. Check over the readme on the page. It couldn't hurt to try it if nothing else works. You still have the original NAND dump to restore if it doesn't work.

I'm thinking that maybe your NAND chip just failed finally. :/

I haven't used this thing in YEARS. :/ I finally got it out to make it portable. It's running off a 12v battery pack.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used this thing in YEARS. :/ I finally got it out to make it portable. It's running off a 12v battery pack.
Well, if you modded it in any way, even by changing its power source, you very easily could have fried something. We're easily at the point where this is not a software issue.

Reactions: Biovirulent

Biovirulent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you modded it in any way, even by changing its power source, you very easily could have fried something. We're easily at the point where this is not a software issue.

All right. Well then, I wish I knew what could have fried it. Literally using the same kind of power, 12v, which is what the transformer outputs, shouldn't do anything wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo